Discussion Thoughts on shipping idols?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by monmon2005, Dec 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. monmon2005

monmon2005 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am totally fine with shipping fictional people and i have done it often but isn’t it weird to ship actual people? Like i have seen videos with idols getting uncomfortable because of fans doing this, and even comments insulting other ships or another member for “getting in the way” of their ship. I also don’t mean just shipping group members but also general idols, like the Rose and Jungkook incident. It would be fine to me if they were dating or something but they barely breathed the same air. I get that their cute but isn’t it weird or even pressuring if it continues like that? What are your thoughts on it? If you support it why?

2. lighterxx

lighterxx Hoshi stan before a human °^°)

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol depends on idols like

One idol I now is very uncomfortable with it and almost escapes, i cant read anything fanficy about him seeing those if it makes sense

ON THE OTHER HAND another idol i know literally says "get this bread" and goes fondling other member, or say "i bet fans will zoom and slow-mo this moment, make sure i look good"

So, yeah depends on the person or idol hehe

3. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    Idols are fucking stupid in and of themselves, you're shining the spotlight on people who ship idols when in reality everyone who pays attention to idols at all fall in the same box

MrSplashy, GDLiZy and Sabruness like this.
  4. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's ok as long as you got the required permits and keep it supplied with air, water and food.

Ai chan, Ddraig, asriu and 4 others like this.
  5. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah... All you need are tapes and box.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  6. chris1120

chris1120 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well if you have a vivid imagination... and editing software just keep it in a password protected hidden folder in your pc labeled "homework"...

7. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Kpop? A whole cluster of manufactured, twisted insanity of obsession. my opinion:
    [​IMG]
    EXTERMINATUS! :blobdevil::blobdevil::blobdevil::blobdevil::blob_thor::blob_thor::blob_thor::blob_thor:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    pentadrian and I Eat Monsanto like this.
  8. EnerHighwave

EnerHighwave Holy Daugther of Kyuu 8❤️ Speedy's pet Lovely's ❤️

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought you were shipping idols and I was going to ask for one....
    Jokes aside it's sure an uncomfortable thing when fans go shipping you with others idols that you barely know or you're being insulted because "you're getting in the way" of your idol friend's ship

Arie Sun likes this.
  9. LK

LK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really like to ship real people

Jiggy, Shio, imK and 3 others like this.
  10. frozenlimabeans

frozenlimabeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if people say that these idols dont really have a say cause "free speech" and they chose to be in the spotlight. But, they're people just like us, there are times when things get too far from common sense.

Cause if you were just some person in school and you find out there's a sexual/normal fanfic shipping you with your friend, you guys will inevitably try to avoid close contact with each other to avoid things like that, unless you guys are like ultra unbothered by that.

Plus idols expose themselves because they want recognition and they appreciate their audience, they dont have a "lewd me" or "ship me w/ _____" all over their heads. They're just showing their love to their fans.

Yes. People can do whatever they want, but if the idol doesn't like it. Just respect them.

I dont actually listen or chase idols. It's just my perspective

11. YoriMei

YoriMei (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not into it, but I think it’s fine as long as you keep it out of their sight and respect the celebrity’s privacy (ex: don’t push it into their face, don’t let idols know about it). It’s one thing to sigh and think of what a cute couple x and y could be in your room, it’s another to tweet at a celebrity with really creepy stories about them with someone else.

I‘ve read some rps fic when I was younger and honestly I just end up pretending the people in the story are just fictional characters with no relation to their real life counterparts.

OTea and imK like this.
  12. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    As long you not make them unconfortable. But me personally only watch them from affar.

imK and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  13. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    like low key just sorta lightly is fine but even I get uncomfortable with the fics for themmmmm.
    Like I mean it's cute and all but writing the kind of fanfiction that I've seen for them kinda feels wrong, and while I understand that as an idol being put under a microscope is to be expected but people really shouldn't be projecting onto them. It's wrong to objectify real people because it's not good for them or their relationships with others, they might feel uncomfortable with intimacy because people make a big deal of it or use it to just be like oh those two are together.

I'm all for shipping cute things and jokingly shipping some of my friends together or saying "hey maybe u guys should date" but saying things like "those two are in LOVE" just sounds really childish and honestly disgusting. It's ok when it's just characters in books or something out of a show because those are in some ways meant to be objectified, but idols are people which isn't something that should be objectified.

I mean at least that's how I view it, maybe there's another way of viewing it that doesn't make the whole shipping real people come off as creepy and invasive but I don't see it

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    imK and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  14. bob3002

bob3002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda thought you were asking for advice on packaging an idol (an image you pray to) for shipping. Never would have thought it was about imagining fake relationships for real people.

15. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Packaging the idol:blobfearful::blobfearful:

16. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on what they think of it and the level to which people go. I remember reading a really popular one on AO3 that involved multiple rape scenes, ongoing spousal abuse and drug addiction and thinking "F- man, if that was me I'd be going after you in court".

17. RabdomPersona

RabdomPersona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I don’t like shipping real people. I think shipping fictional characters are fine, but when you go hard on shipping an idol with another idol, it can become really bothersome. They most likely don’t want to be shipped with the other person and it’ll make things uncomfortable for them. You can think that the idols could make a cute couple but going batshit over it really isn’t good. (This also reminds me of a video I watched of a youtuber talking about how he understands that his fans like shipping but he doesn’t approve of them shipping real people like him and his friend because it makes everything awkward and the fans become disrespectful of their personal lives)

imK and darkchocolatesan like this.
  18. LittleBigSnowFlower

LittleBigSnowFlower 悪くないよねぇ 〜

Reading List:
    Link
    Paring someone is okay as long as the person themselves are comfortable with it... Pairing usually is detrimental if ever one of those two pursue love and get in a relationship which will made those shippers sad (or worst case riot and actually ruin the Idol's partner to a degree which actually happened on some, especially the non-entertainment ones). So yeah if ever take into the account the person's feelings and if they doesn't care then voila, just ship them to anyone (even a dog if you wanted to) since they won't care anyways...

imK and Snowbun like this.
  19. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same. I found some "news" online about idol pairings, merely because two idol's name appear on the top search of google-equivalent-website they have. Either that or two idols are seen together and seems to enjoy each other company (and by that I mean by being relaxed & smiling). It seems like idols of opposite sex can't be seen smiling at the same place (cause they will be shipped) or be seen frowning (will get hated a lot for being 'rude').

I do get why some fans enjoy 'shipping', but when they started to attack another idols for 'breaking their ship', I find it disturbing, really. These people doesn't even know the idol involved, but already started to pick lovers for them. I would be annoyed if I have a partner & my family and friends keep recommending someone else, much less strangers on the internet.

25th bamm and imK like this.
  20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    neutral~
    as long as keep it for yourself
    when da fans start to force it wtf is that! those people lose few screws on their head

19637.png