LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would imagine that the suicide rate is fairly high. Apparently you do get hurt after you get transferred to Earth (remember the headache). And then you have this huge memory gap and who knows what other side effects. I would expect that people who spent the longest in Paradise would kill themselves at a higher rate

2. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh im sure the longer someones in paradise the more likely suicide is. i just dont think its a crazy amount of people or they would obviously have flatly stated to seol thats why theyre worried. while i think that may play a part in their concern its more about how they view paradise as a whole that makes them not want him to be a paradise "addict".

3. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that could be the reason why they are worried about him being a paradise addict. Also, what would constitute a significant number? 20%? 30%? maybe 50%? I think other than suicide, there are probably many other psychological problems people who died in paradise have to deal with

tkato likes this.
  4. jheno13

jheno13 Snub

Reading List:
    Link
    The percentage is something I come up with but Paradise addict having a high chance to commiting suicide isn't.
    It isn't directly told in the story but if you try reread the story and try to focus more on the Paradise addict part and about those who died in Paradise you will know that even regular Earthling has a chance to commit suicide. The chance of that happening to a Paradise addict skyrocket the more addicted they are.

On a side note. Master jang is sad Ian died but with how long he has been in Paradise do you guys think that master Ian is the first friend and student he lost? Master jang should have come to terms with his friends and student dying in Paradise and returning to earth.
    But that is different from a Paradise addict who made Paradise his/her life to the point of refusing to return to earth.
    The sense of loss and returning to their crappy life took a toll on their mind thus leading to suicide.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  5. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya i agree theres definitely a lot of psychological stuff that people who died in paradise have to deal with. and ya it could very well be the reason, i just feel like if that was the main reason it would have been hammered home more clearly, though i guess in these latest chapters it kind of has. idk i still think their feelings towards being an addict has more to do with their view on paradise on a whole but either one is just as likely as the other

6. jheno13

jheno13 Snub

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be a type of treatment. Forcing him to return to earth is kind of a wake up call telling him that his home is earth.

7. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    see but i dont agree with that viewpoint. unless theres something that they know that hasnt been said i have no problem with him wanting to live in paradise. just cause your born somewhere doesnt mean thats where you should stay or belong, if he feels he fits best in paradise and belongs there then let him. hes an adult capable of deciding that stuff on his own. having said that i do think he should settle his family issues before making that decision and ultimately i think he'll be able to go back and forth at the end of the novel but still if he wants to live there let him. hes happier there

Sea Dog, CodeZero and jheno13 like this.
  8. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the author is trying to avoid giving concrete numbers as to not get into problems. No matter what numbers he gives - someone will find a problem with it. Better just leave it to the imagination. The story is not about suicides anyway.

tkato likes this.
  9. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is terrible logic. Saying he is an adult and can make his own decision hurts a lot of people. He love the thrill of action. He was a gambler before going to paradise. These people that tells him to go back to his family and earth wants him to succeed. Saying he is an adult means nothing. He cannot die in paradise or he would be screw on Earth. They want him to be able to die and not become damage on earth.

10. jheno13

jheno13 Snub

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but living in Paradise is like walking in zone full of landmine just one wrong step and your dead. Now imagine him dying in Paradise as if it was all he had what will happen if he return to earth?
    Suicide? PTSD without a know cause? Go insane? That's the reason a lot of Earthling view Paradise as a game to cope with their experience there and be able to move on if they died in Paradise.
    Yes they can sympathize with Paradise treat the people there as people and not npc but they should never live there entirely because if they did your death in Paradise will be equal to your death in earth and that is why they worry about jihu being a Paradise addict.

11. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont have any issues with either of yalls logic and completely get where yall are coming from, i just personally dont have an issue with him wanting to stay in paradise after hes corrected things with his family if thats what he wants. i understand the risks and how bad itd be if he died in paradise but if he knows that and chooses to want to stay anyway i have no problem with that being his choice. although like i said id bet money on the ending being him being able to travel freely between either world and not having to choose.

CodeZero likes this.
  12. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Emotional chapter

13. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *sees the teaser for the next chapter*

Hey, look. It's another banana, @sgrey. The banana conspiracy lives on! :blobwoah:

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  14. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wonder when/if his family finds out about paradise how they'll react

15. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when the full chapter will be released, the banana conspiracy will be fully realized and over with

16. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Letter from Author Ro Yu-Jin

I remember back then when this novel too little readers that @A_Passing_Wanderer placed the novel on hiatus. Chapters were released again after some time but it still doesn't have a lot of readers.

Fast forward up to today, Seeing the post with all those comments makes me happy that I have a tiny little part on making this novel known to the community.

On another note, the author is female and I'm surprised how she is able to make those funny joke scenes. Oh, I'll miss Like'em Titties.

Your wager is not in vain, mate!

Screenshot_2019-12-30-06-03-22-743_com.android.chrome.png

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  17. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    Ex must be coming considering the banana it’s fate

18. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, considering how she saw him after the last war, she at least need to come and see him after he got better

19. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    No I mean she obviously came to steal the banana’s who cares about Seol

20. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pervert