[Poll] Would you become a witch?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Dec 29, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you accept an offer for great power if you would no longer be yourself?

1. I'm male - Yes! Who cares if I'm not myself?

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. I'm male - Yes, because we are all changing anyways

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. I'm male - Yes, because I'm confident I will not lose sight of myself

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. I'm male - Yes, because I don't believe I will change

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  5. I'm male - No, because I don't want to change

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm male - No, because I'm afraid of identity death

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I'm male - No, because I don't want the power

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  8. I'm male - No, because I don't trust this deal

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  9. I'm male - I'm unsure

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  10. I'm female - Yes! Who cares if I'm not myself?

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  11. I'm female - Yes, because we are all changing anyways

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  12. I'm female - Yes, because I'm confident I will not lose sight of myself

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I'm female - Yes, because I don't believe I will change

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I'm female - No, because I don't want to change

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  15. I'm female - No, because I'm afraid of identity death

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. I'm female - No, because I don't want the power

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  17. I'm female - No, because I don't trust this deal

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  18. I'm female - I'm unsure

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  19. I do not wish to respond

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, because I am a guy!

2. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Witch? No. Warlock? Sure!

lychee likes this.
  3. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I took the deal, my future self would most likely not care about losing my previous identity.
    So for this question I only have to consider whether my current self cares.
    Some days I feel pretty low, and I dislike my current self quite a bit most days. On the low days I would most likely accept the deal. On other days I might, or I might not. So I put "unsure".
    1. Probably
    2. I'll change either way, so getting power would be a potential silver lining to it at least.
    3. I'm already there, so, I don't know. If you're already stuck in the mud, does it matter if you move from one part of the mud to another...? :hmm:
    4. An illusion entertaining itself with more illusions. But my gut feeling says that somehow the illusions are connected to things on an important and deep level, in a way that is very very very difficult for me to understand, I can only feel the edge of the edge of it.
    5. It sounds weird, but I was my own project when I was bored a long time ago. I thought it'd be a good idea to become a better person and tried creating a self based on that simplistic idea. So in a way I already did that. So my answer is all of the surface of it, she'd understand, but I wouldn't sacrifice the core of it, because she would want to exist to be able to see what happens later, and she is kinda the big boss who usually never says anything, but can't be defied when she does, so no matter which part of me, we couldn't overrule her. So sacrificing her would be impossible.

*re-reads my post* :blob_zipper_mouth: oops I'm a crazy lady.
    I blame @Zheya for his bad influence.
    I also have bad grammar. That one is on me.

Loni4ever and lychee like this.
  4. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I look like Henry Cavill? Sure.

[​IMG]

imK and VeraH like this.
  5. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Would you become a witch?
    Hmm, no thanks. Witches have great power but if I'm going to lose interest in all things I hold important and dear, then what's the point seriously. Power without purpose is just... Meh.

2. Would you accept a deal to attain great power if you knew that you would become a drastically different person and never the same as a result?
    No thanks. I'm not necessarily satisfied with my present self, but that doesn't mean I hate me. There are certain qualities of mine I'd liked changed but for the most part, I don't see a need to change myself.

3. What if you were warned that the current you might hate who the future you becomes? For instance, an angel appears and tells you not to play the lottery tomorrow -- because you will win -- and eventually cause you to become a greedy person the current you would absolutely despise?
    Huh, then definitely not. The type of people I hate now are people who decieve, go back on their word, betray, prefer violent solutions, not considerate and are not able to respect others, etc etc. It's a bunch of bad stuff. If I'd hate future me then I definitely wouldn't become a witch.

In the case of the lottery, I may just take it out of curiosity or if I am desperate to get by. I don't actually like capitalism all that much, but I realize that I need money to survive. And if I could give back/support my family who have had my back all this time, then I want to.

4. What does it mean to be human?
    Too broad of a question, too many answers. Skip.

5. How much of your humanity or current self are you willing to sacrifice towards an ambition?
    ...none? I'm fairly selfish and I don't wish to sacrifice anything (of mine at least). I'm not ambitious either and I can't really understand those who are. Not that I can't understand their motives and reasonings, but from an emotional standpoint I don't really get it. I'm not competitive by nature, and I'd rather everyone lend each other hands in a collaborative effort rather than climbing over others' broken dreams as stepping stones. I already feel apathetic enough generally, I don't wish to lose any of my humanity.

imK, Loni4ever and lychee like this.
  6. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    The witch can become master dogs pet instead. I feel this is a much better deal for all involved.
    2. Would you accept a deal to attain great power if you knew that you would become a drastically different person and never the same as a result?
    When one struggles and tries to do things one will always grow and change. If one sits on one's ass and does nothing than they will stay the same.
    3. What if you were warned that the current you might hate who the future you becomes? For instance, an angel appears and tells you not to play the lottery tomorrow -- because you will win -- and eventually cause you to become a greedy person the current you would absolutely despise?
    ...Well fate isn't written in stone since the angel is coming to change it so nothing is guaranteed...
    Master dog is a dog please stop with these.
    5. How much of your humanity or current self are you willing to sacrifice towards an ambition?
    Master dog is already perfect so nothing needs to be done.

Loni4ever and lychee like this.
  7. z.no

z.no Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, yes I would

I believe that we cannot change for the worse on the same path, our experiences prevent that.

I would only not do it if it makes me look like an asshole in front of my loved ones.

I believe means our ability to choose. We can go many paths in our lives, some bad, some good, but never wrong. Some might say morals, but aren’t serial killers human too? Some might say intelligence, but what about mentally challenged, or the critically insane?

I would give half of it, not one bit more. And that would be when it’s something like saving someone I love.

Loni4ever likes this.
  8. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link

Pretty much am already. Sadly kinda male.

Already happened without a powerup.

My past self would certainly hate the present me. xD

To transcend being human.

Completely negotiable, flexible, and depending on terms. Only idiots deal in absolutes.

Loni4ever likes this.
  9. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Loni4ever likes this.
  10. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I would choose to become a witch/sorcerer/etc. How could I lose myself when I don't even know what kind of person am I in my 19 years of life here on Earth. Plus I am sure that I would be able to mainly avoid those "grotesque" stuffs or find alternative ways just like everyone else did even if it weakens the magic.

Loni4ever likes this.
  11. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, why not? My life is static, a change is gladly accepted
    We already different person from past, as our mind continue evolve so the extreme change after few years is normal. After all who got sane mind stay on middle battle field for 5 year With mind same as teenagers? No mostly people will became badass or have screw lose.

Well... Future not set on stone, except if we are npc. So they told me my future, I just accepted it and find way avoid or fix my future...

Most Template race in every game with no bonus and no disadvantage, a balanced race with no interesting perk and powerful imagination

Depend if my sacrifice worth it, sold my humanity for power, sure, as long I fully control it... My magic wand need parts of my soul for boost? No problem,... Summon familiar need virgin sacrifice, sure, let's me find virgin cow or newborn chicken

12. VBS

VBS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a shitty human to begin with. I've got nothing to lose.

---

Yes. This sounds like an interesting and fun experience.

Yes. I believe I have the mental strength to not become something I'll hate. I can only foresee myself changing for the better.

I believe I have the mental strength to not become something I'll hate.
    Also, future me will have changed on the basis of more knowledge in this case. The more I know, the better and more sound the judgements behind my actions will become.

That's a question that requires a lifetime of experience to answer. We're always learning, changing, and growing.

Everything except my free will.

---

Unrelated, but @lychee needs a new calendar. That one is now almost 5 years out-of-date.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    Loni4ever likes this.
  13. Lurking

Lurking Do the dead suffer, or is it a sweet release?

Reading List:
    Link
    possibly, it seems quite incredible an expereince
    um. passage of time.
    thats normal, to be a different person 5 years later after experiencing bunches
    might not would.
    um, what kind of moron plays the lottery? thats a no-win game smh
    dunno. to exist, and continue to do so unceasingly in that grotesque manner of living humans have, someitmes like a train wreck where you know it ends in disaster but cant help but look
    dunno

Loni4ever and imK like this.
  14. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Only if I got to keep my friends, family and I had a particular goal in mind.

I'm already a drastically different person than I was 10 years ago. Not afraid of growth or change. Still wouldn't accept the power unless it was vitally important for whatever reason and it doesn't mess up my relationships with family and friends.

I don't despise greedy people. I'm not the thought police. They can be as greedy as they want as long as they don't try to sabotage others in front of me. I don't need the lottery. I'm not a millionaire, but I'm self-made and comfortable with it. I rely on my own strength and not pie in the sky.

I don't know and I don't lose sleep over it. I make my own choices and live my life the way I want and avoid interfering with how others live theirs.

No idea since I've never had to sacrifice my identity in order to do what I want. Just people I didn't need.

Loni4ever likes this.
  15. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    I would probably accept. If I change, then that wouldn't really change much. The changed me wouldn't feel changed. My new personality would be normal. In fact, trading my current personality for the ability to sate my curiosity is certainly acceptable.

Loni4ever and imK like this.
  16. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not enough info to make a decision...

People change all the time as they forget old things and learn new things, which all define who they are and how they think... But its unclear why and how you change in this case...

If the reason why you change is because, what you will be learning is so damn incredible that it renders all the pathetic things you used to obsess about, so ridiculously insignificant by comparison that you just naturally stop caring about them as a result... Then, that's one thing and would only make the offer more enticing...

But if instead... Its more of a... Choose to sacrifice your memories of some specified subject, or willingly get inflicted with an urge to commit some specified thing, and in exchange you get the power do something you choose, etc... Then that's different... But... I might still go along with it... I would just have to pick what to do and what not to...

But if its something like... You can learn something but when when you do, "something" unspecified happens as a price... Maybe you lose something of your self, or maybe you change in some way, but in any case you won't get to know what the "price" will be before hand... In that case... Nope... Not interested...

imK likes this.
  17. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I give bad influence?:aww: No, I mean...:blobawkward: I give bad influence?:blob_teary:
    No, you can blame for that as well. I'm a walking mess of horrible grammar.:blobthinkingsmirk:

mir likes this.