Recommendations Unemotional mc

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by asi, Dec 29, 2019.

1. asi

asi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for an MC who is very in control of his emotions. Like if his girl cheats on him, and he finds out, he can change his emotions like flipping a switch into indifference, coldness, etc. Seen a few of these before, really enjoyed it. Can't remember the names of the novels, but I don't like novels where the MC is really emotional, which usually aligns with indecisive. Hate those novels. A good example I can remember from a novel is, the MC is usually flirtatious, not serious at all, and then when an "enemy" shows up, he can immediately flip to a cold expression. Much better than those annoying emotional MC's who feel like their life ends when something doesn't work out.
    Can be any type of novel, but preferably cultivation novels, or modern novels (modern novels where the MC is either a fighter, ex-military, cultivator, mercenary, etc, not business modern novels)

Honestly not expecting answers, but thanks in advance if there's any recommendations.

2. rosyprimrose

rosyprimrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  4. IAmViruz

IAmViruz FGO Degen

Reading List:
    Link
  5. CosmicInsomniac

CosmicInsomniac Well-Known Cultist

Reading List:
    Link
    Off the top of my head, I can only think of two novels where the MC can force himself to be emotionless. World Teacher, but he just used to kill some people in a Dungeon. I read to about chapter 80 I believe, and he only used it once, even though it's supposed to be an ability he had since before reincarnating. But sadly, most of the time he's a fairly typical MC.

Another one is After Transformation, Mine and Her Wild Fantasy. That one I'm stockpiling, so I don't know how often he's going to use it, but basically the MC is controlling two bodies, and he learned how to temporarily cut his connection to his second body, which made him go into a special state of mind. I don't really know how to describe the state of mind, since it was pretty unique and gave him some OP abilities, but he was certainly emotionless, as after he left that state of mind he admitted that he didn't have a problem killing his friend that taught him the technique if she tried to stop him.
    Ignore that, turns out trying to remember a specific detail about a novel I read 2+ years ago results in some pretty big inaccuracies. Go figure.

Also, special mention for Death Mage, he does have emotions but he doesn't show them very well. Even if you don't read the whole novel ( which I highly recommend you check out), I recommend checking out chap 199 (near the bottom is where the focus shifts back to MC) to 202.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  6. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    After Transformation is definitely not what the OP wants. In that, he turns emotionless as a result of going berserk by discarding a body. The MC himself is still a normal comedy MC and will revert within a few seconds. It's much like Ryner from DenYuuDen going berserk with the alpha stigma. No matter how they behave while berserk, it does not reflect on their personalities.

7. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Did no one really recommend Daoist Gu/Reverend Insanity yet?

Anyway, MC has no limit to how low he can go. That means that among other things Fang Yuan (the MC) will constantly lie with a straight face, cry fake tears, fake being enraged, fake being naive, fake being lustful, fake anything. There's A LOT of acting/pretending.

Zeusomega likes this.
  8. asi

asi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I really like novels where the MC is a deceptive person, will check it out.

9. CosmicInsomniac

CosmicInsomniac Well-Known Cultist

Reading List:
    Link
    Late Reply, since I just finished Binge Reading it earlier today, but Serial Transmigrator's MC fits the bill. His Emotionless persona (Which is in control for Chapters 70-138, which is the latest chapter) is extremely rational, he does have some emotion but it's barely noticeable. He does go back to his 'normal' self (His persona in chap 70-138 is technically his main personality, as his other persona only surfaces when he's near family) in the latest chapter, but the MC is still pretty smart. Highly recommend you check it out! Just...He's extremely Chunni in chapter 1, but that's a highly exaggerated version of how he usually is. Author acknowledges this with a bit of meta commentary the next chapter and fixes it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020