Discussion The Witcher 3 After 4 Years

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by tahzib1451, Dec 30, 2019.

1. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    so The Witcher Netflix series came out......and as a result The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt game now got record number of players playing in Steam.....93k current players on Steam according to relevant sources....this broke the game's previous record at launch 4 years ago.......and a certain douchebag said Single Player games are a dying breed.....
    IMG_20191230_090109.jpg

runsing, imK, Haevrus and 2 others like this.
  2. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
  3. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    that not true I love playing single player games. I fking hate having to queue to find a match or have 5 ppl join to be able to play or require internet connection to play and sometimes the server is down or some other bs is updating because of some stupid patch update blah blah blah. I just want to play when I get home I fking hate all this new BS.

4. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How many million League or Fortnite players are there? How many WoW players are there? There is a reason all of the big game companies have moved to online multiplayer games. I would be surprised if there is another new AAA RPG that comes out that doesn't have some sort of online capabilities. Hell, CDProjectRed were probably kicking themselves that they didn't have a built in Gwent server at launch.

5. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    BOTW2 is coming

6. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's because witcher 3 is awesome

imK and Westeller like this.
  7. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also not PC.

8. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah......and how many crap games were made following that trend?
    how many faceslapping games were made to counter this?
    keep ignoring that.....no one is saying mmo is bad.....but straight up dissing single player narrative driven linear story games is not the answer......not everyone plays Call of Duty to play multiplayer......and Jedi Fallen Order brought in tons of cash for EA even tho its just a single player story....

i am stuck playing Witcher 2......

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2019
    imK, Haevrus, Prime43 and 2 others like this.
  9. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had my second playthrough at about 70%, then I took a break and couldn't get into the game again because the combat was just way to different from anything I played at the time.

10. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need to get back into it. ... I dropped it during the, ah, Family Matters quest. The lack of any possible good outcome was too sad.

But I'd have to replay Witcher 1 and 2 again... Gotta import those saves...

Edit: I checked, and Witcher 1 & 2 use the Steam Cloud, so I can probably get my old saves.

11. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like doing this normally, but I will make an exception for you.
    People like you are the reason we don't have good single player games anymore. Also, total number of registered players is not the same as players concurrently playing the game. In addition, Witcher 3 is sold across multiple different platforms, so just listing steam does not give you the actual number of people playing the game.
    The reason MMOs are so favorable by game companies because they can be milk for everything, including pay to win crap. Companies release unfinished games and then keep charging you for crap while they release bug fixes and new skins. Just look at Fallout 76, the game is buggy as hell a year later and people are still playing it and buying broken services that don't even work.

Quite a nice quest. Any outcome is fairly sad, but the best outcome for it is not bad. You get really invested there. A great example of a very good storytelling in the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2019
    Cutter Masterson, anon and tahzib1451 like this.
  12. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Best outcome my foot. There are two:
    A: The kids survive, the wife dies, the baron hangs himself. -- Oh, and you release a possibly evil ancient spirit that destroys a village, massacring every inhabitant. (That may or may not have deserved their fate).

B: The kids are eaten, the wife survives but loses her mind, and the baron takes her to find help
    Which of those is the best? A or B?

13. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone who thinks SP games don't have a market anymore is a total idiot. Maybe single player games would've died, but then the global gaming industry decided to take a huge shit on the dinner table and serve it as food when they started making garbage like hearthstone, auto battlers, MOBAs, and battle royale style games.

Single player games are here to stay (until AI makes the SP <> MP distinction meaningless) as long as we get garbage multiplayer games that are just Arcade Games 2.0. Arcade Games wanted to be addictive so they could get your quarters, and "modern" multiplayer games want to be addictive so they get your 30 minute chunks of time every day so they can benefit from MTX and/or ads of some form.

imK, MrSplashy and Cutter Masterson like this.
  14. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. I’m a loner and I like it that way.

imK and aegis062 like this.
  15. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, yea, I forgot about kids. No one cares about kids. The best outcome for the baron is B lol

But seriously, this is why this game is awesome. It is a true adult game with difficult choices. Wait until you will need to release the spirit in the tree. You will have a choice whether or not to kill the whole village. The story in the game is incredibly immersive and all quests really follow the setting of what you would have to face in that world. At least you know the consequences of what you do in the game matter.

Westeller likes this.
  16. vancenick

vancenick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank god nintendo still has us single player gamers backs

17. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The main reason for the situation we are in is because the game companies started to focus on how to make all the money in the world from the game, instead of thinking - how do we make the best game? Wanting profit is not a bad thing by itself, but paired with shitty practices, actual psychological manipulation of people, borderline fraud, etc., you get this shitty situation where you get a ton of games and nothing to play.

imK, MrSplashy and Westeller like this.
  18. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason I bought Witcher 3 was because I was told it was one of the largest single player world out there. ESO is ok, but I keep coming across other players. I want a humungous world to explore and find ancient ruins. Find exotic animals and plants. See breathtaking landscapes. I don’t want a crowd. I don’t want someone to PVP me or kill steal something of mine. Hell, I don’t even know how I should react when I come across another player. Should I help or leave them alone. Being a good guy in certain games can be conflicting. If given a choice I will always choose single player to any game. After all who wants to be a sidekick. Or worse player C. At least that’s what I think.

19. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, Witcher 3 is all that. Huge world with another huge map added by a free dlc, a ton exotic monsters animals, and a ton of interesting content. I pretty much agree with you. I don't want to play with other people.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  20. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By releasing shit like the last few Metroid games, or Mario Remake #infinity. HIGH FIVE MIRITE?

Nintendo is even worse for this garbage. Or did you think that the Wiimotion plus adapter for the Wii needed to be a separate accessory due to technical limitations? rofl Super Smash Bros. Brawl featured tripping. numba wan germ dersern