Discussion A Possible New Trend for Upcoming Animes? Otome Game Isekai?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Ruyue, Dec 31, 2019.

?

Do you like Otome game novels?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Mixed Thoughts

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  4. Haven't read any

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was bored one day and was scrolling through youtube, I came upon a video that was showcasing the animes that will be released in 2020.

Whilst watching it I found an anime coming in the spring of 2020 which caught my interest. It is called, "Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta..."
    As you know a large amount of Isekai Light novels have been adapted into anime, and now with the recent influx of Otome novels; there is a high chance they may also start being converted into animes. So is this anime possibly the first signs of an upcoming wave of otome game Isekai animes?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Aquaa likes this.
  2. RabdomPersona

RabdomPersona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and the wave has already started. I have read lists and lists of them

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Only one I've read a bit of was one where the MC is transmigrated into the brother of the villainess of an otome game, didn't really read that far but concept seemed ok?

As for anime, well at this point I don't give a fuck about anime cause they're always trash, or maybe not always bad, but they're always disappointing. Especially the adaptions.

Maybe otome anime adaptions end up being relatively good even? Since they seem to be mostly about slice of life/comedy (they're about avoiding death flags and steering the villain to the right path, right?) they should be easier to adapt into anime since it's the combat scenes that tend to be the worst imho.

Lots of missing/skipped details/plot can ofc still be an issue with anime so I wouldn't say I'm hopeful or anything, but I just imagine that on average the adaptions will at least be more faithful to the originals, which should be good for those who are interested.

Anyway, mostly just me guessing on two topics (otome game and anime) I don't really know or care about so w/e :blobneutral:

Ruyue likes this.
  4. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    You are not asking the right question.
    It is not if otome games will be the new trend but when will invisible dragon anime be released.

Vampire Maiden and ebonykun like this.
  5. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Bakarina will be one of the first so let’s wait for the result.

Sabruness likes this.
  6. Donuts

Donuts Endless surge of emotions

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish that this trend would come to and end so bored of this typical (and lot of service) type of novel/anime/manga

7. ebonykun

ebonykun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    otome isekai's been a trend for a long time. there's an overload of it! bakarina would be the first to be animated, i'm looking forward to it!

8. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really a fan of these stories, although I guess Bakarina is at least one of the better ones.
    I don't mind the premise of female protag isekais with nobility settings, but the trend of "reincarnated into a game/novel" is what annoys me, I would find them more interesting if the protag did not have knowledge about future events.