LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    CN Plot Armor.:ROFLMAO:

Feng Shui is bad on a spaceship.:p

jacobpaige and Astaroth like this.
  2. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree completely, this feels like oversight on the MC's part that'll cause unnecessary tension later on. Furthermore, moving to space is literally the one thing that'll ensure none of the dead people ever gets to his body (the only enemies at this point)

3. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so whats the overall consensus on the female love interests on this thread? i know in the comments for the chapters people are kind of split between useless and give them time. im personally on the give them time side, yes theyre kind of useless right now but so is pretty everyone else on earth compared to the mc. i also just think even when everyone from earth finally gets strong enough to fight from their cultivation it'll still have a lot of the mc being the only one capable of solving big problems cause thats just how Chinese web novels are written lol. but im happy theres at least some romantic interests as opposed to a meat head mc that only wants to get stronger and has no feelings for anything else.

4. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only way I see this method being justified, is that the formation plates he uses needs to be in contact with grounds to obtain some type of earth energy. The ground devils who can disrupt the ground, can render some formations useless.

Astaroth likes this.
  5. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They have been plenty useful, the main issue is that the author doesn't let them succeed by themselves and keep having the MC steal their shit.

jacobpaige and userunfriendly like this.
  6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s the whole point of second life...steal their sh!t.:ROFLMAO:

Certainly One Man Army is all about stealing their sh!t.:p

7. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya. thats just a lot of chinese novels issue in general to me though from the ones ive read. they can have great world building but for whatever reason they only ever seem to make the mc capable of doing anything in most situations even if they introduced interesting supporting characters. i hope this one eventually overcomes it cause its pretty interesting and not super focused on just cultivating

8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link

After writing thousands of chapters, they go insane.:ROFLMAO:

9. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C379: Why didn't he finish off the small fry? It wouldn't have taken much more effort, and they were still a danger to any new souls arriving.

C380: “Save… save me…” How would anyone who needed saving make it passed the hundreds of thousands of hungry demons?

Considering how vast the multiverse should be, the only way that insignia would be helpful is with divine authoric intervention.

10. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Well to be fair MC already saw some lighthouses which he assumes was built by those guys so it's not that big of a stretch.

What's really unbelievable is, like you mentioned, that he would actually meet someone and that that someone would conveniently need to be saved, and that he needed to be saved just when MC came.

But I do find it a bit weird, isn't he supposed to be in the space vortex going to Reality's Huang Quan? How come there's someone from another world? Does that mean that they are able to get to Reality's human realm as well (i.e. Earth)?

Though it doesn't really seem like there's anyone who can solve the problem of the undead who has escaped from Huang Quan on Earth so I guess it won't really matter if MC can bring anyone to Reality other than someone related to Huang Quan.

Or actually maybe MC's master could do something with the forgetting river?

11. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh the last 6 chapters... just ugh.

How many different ways can people tell the MC that Huang Quan is so fucked that makes it painfully obvious going there personally is pretty much useless? Oh and slaughtering that many of that level of "small fry" won't attract attention that will serious eff you up? I get the MC is in a basically "Reality is screwed unless we find a way to deal with Huang Quan" situation, but I still fail to see what the MC even remotely hoped to accomplish with this set of actions. Congrats you found a demon god guarding the entrance which means things even nastier than a demon god is there. If you had a way to deal with anything remotely close to a Demon God's power level, you'd have been better off figuring a way to stall for time to get everyone into the Cultivation World and just slam the door shut behind you.

12. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If demon can somehow physically goto reality huangquan realm, some other entity being able to reach reality Huang quan realm should be allowed, just to be fair. And I think this new help is needed to resolve the he'll problem. The whole trip is just to justify how to find this new help, by exploring this "new dungeon only I can enter".

tkato and Astaroth like this.
  13. shin bahamut

shin bahamut New Member

Reading List:
    Link

14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so to anyone else who decided to google translate this (or if you can just read chinese), beware of huge spoilers.

I was kind of half expecting it since it looked like one of those novel summary pages, but still just reading a sentence or two I already got way more spoilers than I could've imagined...

jacobpaige likes this.
  15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “Turn off the appraisal function" It was still running? How many thousands of points did he waste leaving it on after all the demons were already dead or otherwise neutralized? I mean, I know the points don't matter in the slightest and he'll always have a surplus, but still.

“No need, I know what this thing is” That's not the extent of what the appraisal tells you though. It also tells you its fighting style and weaknesses, which you likely don't know.

So, if that thing is being used as a door guard, and he's not even remotely close to being strong enough to fight it, then what makes him think he's strong enough to fight whatever is controlling it? Besides plot armor I mean.
    Thanks for the warning. Hate unmarked spoilers.

userunfriendly likes this.
  16. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Law of Chinese Cultivation Novels. As your body gains cultivation levels, something has to clear out to make room and that is usually the brain. (As an aside I've been reading Ascending, Do Not Disturb as a change of pace. It's just weird reading a Chinese Cultivation novel where the members of the sect actually support each other and don't get jealous with each other over everything.)

17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO:(y):D:p

18. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 383 finally cleared up most of my confusion over MC's memories.

Ever since that chapter with Su Ninger seeing the original future I always felt like it didn't seem like GQS had his complete memories, so I assumed a portion was still missing and had to be unlocked. But then shortly after MC discarded his remaining missing memories which according to the War God UI were only about sword arts.

But now there's an explanation for it, MC still had those memories, but they were being repressed subconsciously.

That also explains why it has felt like MC still somehow know about things that he seemingly shouldn't, since he does already know about them, MC just recollects the memories as they resurface from his subconscious.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C385: I wonder how much of the sect's wealth will be left by the time he sees his shifu again...

"One person and two swords stood at the bottom of the river" Soo, all those SP you're burning don't mean a thing to you. You're 100% confident that you'll have all you need to cross the river twice, even if you amble your way across. Nifty.

C386: "moving ahead in full speed for about an hour." He only had 1k points, and staying under the water is not free. Shouldn't he have run out of points along the way? He'd have to be spending less than a quarter of a point per second to have any hope of still having any left.

"Sticking close to the surface of the water [...] it took Gu Qing Shan a whole two hours of flying" So, how did he keep the water from splashing him? He clearly didn't have enough points to protect himself from the water for two whole hours.

“Let’s save him first” That's right. Make absolutely certain that all of his allies are dead first. That way, he'll be extra grateful, and not at all angry that you made him watch his friends die in front of him for no reason whatsoever.

It feels like maybe the author has forgotten that all this stuff with the river was explicitly stated to not be free, and that the MC was explicitly stated to be running low on SP.

lunarshadow and Astaroth like this.
  20. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it solved itself by MC waiting extra extra long so the person 'to be saved' had time to die as well... :facepalm:

And MC's comment? Oops he died too fast LUL

Haiku575, lunarshadow and jacobpaige like this.