Are other Yaoi readers get annoyed by this?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by lighterxx, Dec 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can handle 2000+ chap for non romance / plot, but with romance dojinshi style..idk if I can handle that--

Idk why I always skip the 7 guys stem from 1 guy, world hopping..
    Like just make it 7 guys differently-

lighterxx likes this.
  2. lighterxx

lighterxx Hoshi stan before a human °^°)

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg me too, its... Just horrible for me likeyou make someone fall in love to you in nname of mission, then just leave forever like?? I dont get how people like such thing

3. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it has good plot I still read and like it but if it is about playing with feelings.. no :(
    I'm not into system forcing love to mc, like... mc should feel free who to like-
    The heroic system is pretty good for angst but still that all of them is the same guy tho-

But I will prefer the one world onlyy xD

lighterxx likes this.
  4. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    OH i read a one, that makes bad boyfriends feel guilty, but MC is in love with the System himself, so after he makes boyfriends feel guilty, he transfers to another body

5. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ad
    Wait bad boyfriend? xD
    It is different, I think what you meant don't pick up (forgot) from trash can(??)

lighterxx likes this.
  6. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    YEP THAT ONE at least ml seems to be the system lol

7. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im agree at least with his system xD

If you like that one, maybe you will like reborn as system!
    It is pretty good early chap //havent read it until end

lighterxx likes this.
  8. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    I didnt as well, im OBSESSED iwht Fantasy Farm now, its so great <3

Raebit likes this.
  9. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but I also said that the terms 'husband' and 'wife' is equivalent to the terms 'dear' and 'love' in Chinese, even if it doesn't seem so in English. It can't be written off simply as 'misgendering'. Also, as I've mentioned, the term Wife as an *endearment* is modern.

What's your definition of 'fetish'? I think this is the most important question surrounding this discourse.

You don't need to be trying to create a public outcry on purpose, but it can be an unintentional consequence.

I can't access those papers. As a habit, I don't trust any papers before I review them, so I can't come to any conclusion based on their prefaces alone.

--
    From your posts, I'm guessing that what you want are more mature BLs? There are those mature BL novels out there. Just like any other genre, there's gonna be trashy danmei and realistic, well thought-out danmeis. Just skip the ones you don't like

Japorea likes this.
  10. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I havent read it xD, I will check it out~

[
    Wait, that's modern? I thought it is for ancient theme /the more you know
    Is it like honey / darling / baby vibe?

11. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep like honey/darling!

12. Shibb

Shibb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    媳妇/老婆 are modern. The authors aren't misgendering. It's not intentional misogyny from the author. It's just the Chinese language that's sexist/misogynistic. It's Chinese culture, in general, to be misogynistic.

If you put any of the male equivalents in, it'll be husband. And do you know why authors don't use it normally? Because gays are looked down upon in China. Still illegal. Because using husband implies normalising it as equal rights culturally. Because it then denies the author the use of the clichéd comedy act known as fighting over who gets to be called "husband". It denies patriarchy its power. Just a look at how PRC enforces their birthing policies will tell you everything. It's the women who are forced to have IUDs and use contraceptives. Children are under the father's name so if he has a child from another marriage, the second wife can't even if it's her first. Bastard children are left out of government benefits just because the dad's a douche.

Why is China the only example to generalise all Chinese? Because 95% of these novels are from PRC. Try looking up Taiwanese novels. It'll likely be the same bs. It might be better now since homosexuality is legalised there, but I highly doubt it.

13. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    God stop trying to distate what I can talk about. I am allowed to complain, let me be.
    If wife is = dear, translate it as dear then. Why force such gender focused word on a male. If dear = husband too then, use husband, translators are allowed to fix sentences and words. Am i not allowed frown upon such use?

Are you registered to university? If so, try to find reference of them in your library. If you are not in any library, i cant help it. I did what you said, gave you the source. Whether you can find the content or not, based on you.

I dont insist on mature BL. All i ask is not calling wifes. At least, i dont want total strangers (not lover) to call him wife. How dare a random grandfather can call a male "wife" how is it somwthing to not object?

And fetish, is sexualisation of certain thing, whether its physical or emotional.

14. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    I object. I understand what you say, however, ancient China didnt didn such prefixes. And translators exist for a reason. If it is translated as "son's spouse" they can use husband. Is it forbidden? Its literally same meaning. I made translations too, and it is completely ok to translate like this.
    I dont understand why i get backlash for objecting this.

15. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats why, I ask translators to fix some. I dont ask for all, but at least fix ones outside of what lover says. Literally grandpa calls him wife, i object not fixing things like this. It needs fixture. Just because author and China is ignorant, it doesnt mean translator has to be too.

Shibb likes this.
  16. Shibb

Shibb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I completely agree with your complaint, but I have to push it a little more just for fun: but then we won't see just how idiotic and conservative the Chinese language is. (read that in the most nerdy-whine please)

baka8roukanako and lighterxx like this.
  17. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    ... i should start reading old european literature too then rip :blobpeek:

18. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From how defensive and aggressive your responses have been, it’s clear you’re not as open to discussion as you claim to be.

Saying things like “can’t you just let me complain and be angry” proves that this is just a ranting thread that wasn’t created to facilitate a mature discussion of the topic you brought up.

So im out buddy, complain all you want

19. lighterxx

Reading List:
    Link
    You are the one calling me "out" for creating attention. Cant you see how unreasonable you are?
    You asked for sources, i gave, then you told me since you cant cant a them you wont believe me.

I said fetishization of gay people are alot on internet, you asked me what is fetish, when i explained you choose to complain and leave.

I said translators can fix it, and you choose to defend ignorance of Chinese language, i repeated translators can fix it AGAIN and you act like you are so mighty and great, leaving it saying i cant accept an argument.

I gave you everything you asked, and got frustrated how tf you cant see what i see, inatead of trying to understand what i am talking about, first thing you told me is "you are making public outcry, making nothing something big" HOW can i not be angry for this, fuck it

aoyenhi likes this.
  20. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    'Wife' is totally meh and my-first-slash-fic tier, I agree. It's so much better when two gay dudes call each other 'brother'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.