[Poll] Would you become an adventurer?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Jan 2, 2020.

Tags:
?

What percentage mortality rate in the statistics would discourage you from becoming an adventurer?

1. I'm male - 100% mortality - Only if everyone dies!

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. I'm male - 95% mortality

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. I'm male - 90% mortality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm male - 80% mortality

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. I'm male - 66% mortality

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. I'm male - 50% mortality

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  7. I'm male - 33% mortality

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. I'm male - 20% mortality

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  9. I'm male - 10% mortality

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. I'm male - 5% mortality

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  11. I'm male - 1% mortality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I'm male - 0% mortality - I would never be an adventurer

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  13. I'm male - I'm unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. I'm female - 100% mortality - Only if everyone dies!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. I'm female - 95% mortality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. I'm female - 90% mortality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I'm female - 80% mortality

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  18. I'm female - 66% mortality

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  19. I'm female - 50% mortality

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  20. I'm female - 33% mortality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. I'm female - 20% mortality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. I'm female - 10% mortality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  23. I'm female - 5% mortality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  24. I'm female - 1% mortality

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  25. I'm female - 0% mortality - I would never be an adventurer

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  26. I'm female - I'm unsure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  27. I do not wish to respond

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    4.6/5 ratings on walmart, a trusted source for reviews. Sounds like a pretty good movie to me.

2. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    *walks into the nearest guild then out of town to start my life as a murder hobo*

3. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate all options! :blobsob:

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I just love her juice :blobpeek:

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  5. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    In the prompt it was mentioned in passing as a 1-year mortality rate. In other words, the likelihood someone will be alive after a year of being an adventurer.

In cancer, the medical field commonly uses 5-year mortality rates, etc. It is common to use time-bound mortality rates.

I think for fighter pilots, they may do mortality rate by sortie? I’m not sure.

IRL, work contracts that specify a certain percentage of time dedicated to something assume a standard 40 hour work week.

I think for this isekai, I think it would work on a per day basis. Consequently, 70% time would mean 5 days out of 7 days of a week working.

You would need to take a contract every day or multi-day contracts. A majority of contracts would presumably be multi-day contracts, as a lot of work would probably be in rural or wilderness areas.

DragonMage18 likes this.
  6. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, so that just temporary working contract you had in mind. Though that would only work for jobs that can be measured or assumed to take specific time. Things like subjugation, hunt, tracking, rescue wouldn't have such determinable timeframe and would be case by case with reward depending on difficulty, time spent and resources used to complete it.

7. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Adventure is in my blood :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

8. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1-4. Under the circumstances, as it seems that my only real choices at the beginning are, to either willingly risk my self fighting the monsters, or to allow my self to be killed without fighting... I would choose fighting... I would become an adventurer, no matter how many people die, as surviving wouldn't really be my purpose anyway... Build up my fighting skills would be...

Because... In this scenario, being an adventurer wouldn't be my choice, so much as something I would be forced to do, and since I would ultimately be killed sooner or later either way, and since risking my life in taking some payback, would no doubt give me much greater sense of satisfaction than being some obedient slave ever would... Ultimately, IF I survived long enough to build up some useful skills, I would turn those skills towards the real enemy... The people who are forcing me to do it...

5-6. Since the "government" appears to be my enemy in this scenario, and I wouldn't have any loyalty or feel any sense of belonging to it, and its laws are just plain oppression without even a hint of justice to it... I wouldn't care... I would be one of the "bandits" my self...

9. Arcuer

Arcuer New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I'd do it because I like the i
    2.I'd do it
    1. 100%
    2. For the fighting
    3. If I have friends if not no for quests that require a party yes
    4. At first I'd do the low risk one's after I do a few of those I go for the higher one's little by little
    5.no unless I get forced to which probably won't happen
    6. Wait and see approach

10. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Anywhere beyond 60%. We all sometimes believe rough estimates of things to be true while in fact it could get much higher or lower depending on their situation and for the most part you would have very little control when it doesn't turn to your favor. Sometimes you're doomed from the start the moment you sign up.
    2. No. The adventurer job is a fast way to get money being a high risk and high return job. I figured their rather unbound nature would attract many simpletons who thinks they can live much better without ties to proper organization/establishment.
    3. I rather not. Not fond of the idea to be betrayed on the job. If i must i would rather try building up a partnership i can trust rather than joining an already established group i know little about.
    4. If low risk mission can't even feed you then i see no reason working as an adventurer.
    5. Figures so as much with their rather grey area of establishment. They're basically just mercenaries that you can hire to fight and hunt monsters. Yes i would accept doing crimes depending on how risky the work and their association.
    6. I rather not. If the adventurer groups is just pathetic weaklings i don't really mind but if they can become trouble for me i would rather refrain making unnecessary bad association. People of these line of work is quite vengeful that if you really had no choice but to start a conflict (or the conflict itself come looking for you) make sure making elimination of your enemy to be your primary objective while keeping in mind to always have plans to escape whenever window of opportunity exist.

11. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, guys. That's it. The poll is closed.

Thank you for all of your responses and support, and I hope to see you all again at the next @Lychee Questionnaire™!

Also, please check the date before posting in a thread.

AliceShiki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.