Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for double post. Count first as previous year and this as current :blob_grin:

Some urgent good news: I Came Back In Order To See You is BAAAAACK!!!! :blobparty::blob_pompom: Author doesn't promise frequent or stable updates but it's better than none at all. :blob_grin:

Also there is new manga adaptation of japanese webnovel. There are already two stories that was being translated from same author before, but now they on hiatus. Author is NonB: stories were Luggage Carrier Who Abandoned by the Hero’s Party in the Dungeon’s Deepest Part, Being Possessed by the Strongest Dragon Slayer (Age of Death: 24) and Daybreak Summoner ~I Will Protect That Girl Who Summoned Me into This World with Everything I’ve Got~
    but adaptation receive another story more recent one that didn't have any translation: The Tale of the Teapot Hero's Revenge ~Although a Hero Was Only Capable of Boiling Water, That Was Enough to Kill All of Those Who Stole Everything from Her~
    or Yukashi Yuusha no Fukushuutan story is about village girl that was given power of a hero but only have [boiling] ability that counted as useless. So another hero could come after previous is dead so king ordered to kill sent off girl back to her village. Now after seeing her family and friends killed and understand some of the true power of her ability she is on path of revenge.
    Story has some more mild omae gotoki vibe. But it still dark so be warned. "Depictions of Cruelty" in raws is not for show there.

2. Yandere Devil

Yandere Devil QUEEN OF YURI- Love GL

Reading List:
    Link
    So Cute and Sweet short Chinese Manhua Completed With only 10 chapter. I wish someone picked up this manhua.
    https://m.kuaikanmanhua.com/mobile/1796/list/ 安娜与乔西
    https://m.ac.qq.com/comic/index/id/623027 - Funny modern sweet Yuri

Korean Books
    Water Dragon Flower [GL] 수룡의 꽃
    [​IMG]

킨티아를 위하여>

[​IMG]
    <강력한 그녀의 은은한 사랑법> Detectives Love Story, Action, Gangs,
    [​IMG]
    온 리얼 미디어 w. 본
    [​IMG]
    [GL] 유령아이 ghost kid
    [​IMG]

GL] 아홉 번째 칸, 첫 번째 문
    [​IMG]
    GL] 큐피트는 사랑을 믿지 않는다카나딤 Cupid Love
    [​IMG]
    GL 철과 속 Guns And Love
    [​IMG]
    늑대의 굴 Wolves X human
    [​IMG]
    붉은 낙인 Revenge
    [​IMG]
    퀸즈 나이트- Queen Night
    [​IMG]
    누가 황후가 될 것인가 Who will be Empress GL
    [​IMG]

[GL] 또 한 명의 프린세스 - Another Princess,

Ubik, Moonpearl and AsianessPride like this.
  3. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    This is completed korean Novel with only 30 chapters free. Has anyone mtl this. Please spoiler it, you don’t have to pay, it’s free chapter novel.

마왕의 굿엔딩은 용사의 배드엔딩
    Demon King's Good Ending Hero’s Bad Ending

The story of a demon who wants good endings and a warrior who wants bad endings.
    Shincer (Aser): Hero and hero of the fantasy game <Eternal Tale>, which has ceased development. After `` moving '' into reality, he has been brave every night to help people.
    Park Hae-yeon (Sonia): The strongest enemy in the game <Eternal Story> and the Devil. I want the death of the warrior to be free from the assigned role.
    Introduction
    Acer, a hero in the game, and her enemy, the demon king, Haeyeon. Hae-yeon appears in front of Iseo, who was helping people in reality without knowing the hidden truth. Hae-yeon curses Eseo to change the scenario. In order to endure the curse, Eseo must continue to 'contact' Haeyeon or wish 'Death of Death' as her wish. * The cover is commissioned by commission.
    https://m.honeymun.com/contents/vie...nu=free&smenu=ranky&contentsCateIdx=6#2#4#826

Ubik and AsianessPride like this.
  4. AsianessPride

AsianessPride World’s #1 Chinese Yuri Novel MTL

Reading List:
    Link
    Awesome job finding these, korean novels and comics have beautiful covers. Too bad we have to pay, wonder if I can find a free version of these novels somewhere

5. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    This is only raw sites that I found Some novel is frees
    http://m.honeymun.com/contents/index.php?menu=genre&smenu=list&contentsCateIdx=6#1#4#6290

Maid And Young Miss, Do you Like those - all free chapters
    http://m.honeymun.com/contents/view.php?contentsIdx=5024

Secret Bride- free chapter
    http://m.honeymun.com/contents/view.php?contentsIdx=6164&menu=genre&smenu=list&contentsCateIdx=6#1#2#6164

All Free chapter
    meaning of prophecy
    http://m.honeymun.com/contents/view.php?contentsIdx=5735&menu=genre&smenu=list&contentsCateIdx=6#1#3#5735

Road reaching you- free chapter
    http://m.honeymun.com/contents/view.php?contentsIdx=6249&menu=genre&smenu=list&contentsCateIdx=6#1#4#6249

This Book volume 1 is free, you need to download it to read.
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/beauty-and-the-witch-gl.98040/

Ubik, Moonpearl and AsianessPride like this.
  6. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
  7. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
  8. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    I just remembered how only recently I complained that there weren't enough yuri stories being tl'd or written and nowadays we only need to scroll a little on the sh main page and we'll get a ton. Noice.
    Makes me wonder why it didn't work with RRL tho

I've recently been having a headache over the ads displayed by my browser. So they advertise that manhwa where there's a picture of two blushing women staring at each other and then below it's written "close as neighbors" I go to the site to check it out and in seconds scream with the fury of heavenly justice "YURIBAIT!!!" and then forget about it. Then I come across the manhwa's ads again and it reminds me of the unpleasant experience... It kinda feels like I just read a shitty NTR really, because I saw that picture and was like "aaaawww, that so vute" and get ready to ship and then bam! Sigh....
    Now, don't get me wrong, I'm really not against straight romance stories, even harem (rarely) I can tolerate but fucking with the yuribait technique is just low, immoral and... It's just not right, man

AsianessPride, Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  9. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Did anybody see today's "Mage and Demon Queen" update!!!!? I was squealing for, like, an hour after I read it! I'm the biggest Vel fangirl, but the princess is so unbelievably cute... My loyalty is being tested! :blobflag:

I mean, look at her!
    PrincessLeora2.png

Oof, these all look so good... Wish I could read Korean. :blobsalt:

Sorry about that! I tried to centre most of them around well-known yuri trivia or things we've talked about in the Garden before.

You can see all the answers after you've taken the test, though, so feel free to use them to score full marks next time.

I'll be glad if SSE picked it up - their print books are usually good quality.

And that's true. I suppose there's also the mystery of Rei being a foundling that was never resolved beyond some hinting.

It's certainly a nice change~! It's even difficult to choose what to read nowadays.

As for RRL... I've always found it hard to read on their site because they refuse to create tags for BL and GL (and their search function is pretty subpar). I've also heard a lot of writers saying that they're anti-LGBT, so people who want to create those stories have a better time on Scribble Hub.

I wonder if there's some sort of growing trend for that in shoujo? Feel like I've seen a couple who pulled the same card.

(And sorry I don't have anything to recommend today! Mangadex is completely down right now.)

Ubik likes this.
  10. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice covers as always :cookie: I'm still wondering if the content matches vibe on covers. Usually it's not. Especially with korean ones.
    Korean MTL is even worse than chinese. :notlikeblob: So I doubt it will be a thing in near future.
    SH at least has good tags and genre system with simple filters on it. To search what you want doesn't mean that what will be found will be good though.

RRL instead has toxic community as it seems and stupid tag system and borked search. Even mentioned earlier "I Came Back In Order To See You" on RRL has "Male lead" tag even it's yuri story. :blobscream: But RRL is more popular and older.
    To judge book not by the cover but for ads picture :notlikeblob: :facepalm: Most harem stories has covers with harem members like that.

Still, it doesn't mean that yuribait is not existing in stories. In most recent it's crush of main maid for FMC in shoujo stories. :blob_tilt:
    Yup! It was good comic relief after not so light ark. Now there is a wild question appears. Leo is her twin brother, or she is Leo herself. :hmm: Regardless, Vel now has a rich competitor :blobsweat:

And I forgot one thing about one webtoon comics. Not So Shoujo Love Story will not receive more updates in challenge section.... because author receives permission to move to original/featured section. :blobparty: Story will receive some changes in plot and will continue after author made some buffer of chapters to establish stable schedule.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    Moonpearl likes this.
  11. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    She's transgender - that's why she was "Prince Leo" when she was a kid, but Princess Leora now.

The author also confirmed it with words on her Twitter:
    ConfirmMage.png

As a bonus, I also found that the author posted new art on for the three on her Twitter~! Direct link to it here (it's too big to insert): https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENSbgzXUcAEau6K?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

:blob_pompom: I'm glad to see it's doing so well!

Ubik likes this.
  12. Alice In Novelland

Alice In Novelland Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What exactly does GB mean?

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  13. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Gender Bender - they're usually novels that involve someone's sex being changed

Most Gender Bender GL are men gaining a female body and then pretending to be women/slowly assimilating, but QuietValerie's protagonists are all trans women, I believe.

Ubik likes this.
  14. Yandere Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    AsianessPride, Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  15. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Just checked the summary, I kinda hope the whole revenge thing gets done before the start of the story. Otherwise it feels tedious

16. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This chapter of Seeking Good Temptation I just released is a yuri chapter.
    One of the capture target in the game for MC is a female. It has some good intimate moment details. It's not fluffy or sweet...just heated moment between two woman (one whose a white lotus flower that gets eaten by a green tea bitch)
    The MC is Bai Xun; a little backstory - Bai Xun is stuck in an otome game and can't finish it until she captures all the yandere ML's, so Huang Yanran (FL) is basically a side quest she can complete for an item and...strategic advantage...
    Please note: This is the only yuri subplot chapter out of 96 chapter of this series...haha...
    Only Yuri Chapter - password protected: SGT41

Oh, @Yandere Devil the first two chapters of Next Door There's Memeda is pretty good. I read the raws, its very cute and sweet and good ending with almost no drama. haha good short novel. The only thing is I'm afraid readers won't understand story cause of JJWXC terminology and chinese online writer culture.
    Plan to finish series before end of Feb with 1 release a week. After that going focus on my other two main yuri projects so I can pick up @AsianessPride recommendation of Senior Brother is actually a discipline sister!

17. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    My friend, don’t hurt me like this. If you do translate my recommendation, please include any extras you find. The anguish I felt when I mtl the ending was unbearable. However, I do admit it was the fluffiest and cutest novel I ever read despite the ending. :blobsweat::blobpeek:

Ignore my silly grumbles and do your best! :blob_plusone:

Also, love that single yuri chapter. I enjoy that kind of pairing, even had sêx. Bae

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Ubik likes this.
  18. Scribblezo8

Scribblezo8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait what do you mean extras? I was going to TL based on the raws you provided on that pick up thread. QAQ;;

19. AsianessPride

Reading List:
    Link
    Just praying for extras, I heard there were some but honestly doubt there are any. QAQ
    Yeah, do what you’re planning to do. It’s just that my emotion build up whenever I remember the ending of the novel and made me cry. Honestly, very adorable progress and a good novel overall. I just don’t like non-HEA

Thanks for picking it up btw. I gotta go change the request to picked up

Ubik likes this.
  20. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link