[Poll] Would you open the magical box?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Jan 3, 2020.

Tags:
?

Would you open the box?

1. Yes - I would open it immediately

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Yes - I would open it after some hesitation

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Yes - I would open it after a few days/weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes - I would open it after a few months/years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes - I would open it eventually

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  6. Yes - I would open it when I was out of my mind (e.g. drunk, angry)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Unsure - But I think it is likely

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Unsure - I have no idea

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  9. Unsure - But I think it is unlikely

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. No - But I would water it every day

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  11. No - But I would water it occasionally

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  12. No - But I would never water it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. No - I would lock it away

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. No - I would try to hide it someone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. No - I would try to throw it away

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  16. No - I would give it to someone else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. I do not wish to respond

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie::cookie::cookie:

The Magical Girl of Dreams and Fantasy approaches you one day and gives you a magical box.

She tells you this box contains something precious.

If you water the box every day (like a plant), the box will give a slight 10% boost to your luck. This means that if you flip a coin, 60% of the time it will be your desired outcome.

The only thing you shouldn’t do is open the box or try to see what is inside the box. If you do this, something horribly bad will happen.

What do you do?

1. Would you ever open the box? Would you ever push the big red button?

2. What fraction of people do you think would open the box? 1 in a 1000? 1 in 1 million?

3. Suppose that the magical girl is a snake in disguise, and actually the snake gave the box to 1000 different humans. Is it reasonable to assume that somebody would open the box?

4. Do you believe in Murphy’s Law — that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong?

5. Suppose that you have a “Danger-sense” and your friend is in possession of the box. You feel a strong sense of danger emanating from the box. How do you convince your friend not to open it?

6. Suppose that the box is indestructible and has a “will” of its own. Even when it is disposed of, somehow it will find its way into a new owner’s possession. If you encountered a box, would you keep it or try to throw it away?

NamGi and imK like this.
  2. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    don't trust magical girls, run away and leave the box behind

mir and Deleted member 79325 like this.
  3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    If I forget to water the box, will something bad happen?

I think I’d be able to resist opening the box.

Loni4ever and imK like this.
  4. Deleted member 79325

Deleted member 79325 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Human nature.
    I would open the box. Everyone knows the moment you are told 'don't ' we want to.
    Do not speed, what do we do?
    Wet paint don't touch, what do we do? Touch it to see for ourselves.
    So I would open the box. :cool:

Loni4ever likes this.
  5. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't open it. Just treat it like a companion cube. Also I would probably ask the MG to be my friend. Ask for her number by using the excuse of just in case my family opens the box or something.

6. ru5ty

ru5ty Citizen of MILF Kingdom

Reading List:
    Link
    can i take the magical girl instead?and make her open the box?

Loni4ever and tekinwillie like this.
  7. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll probably put it in a place that I forget but will continuously be watered and just enjoy my luck. The bad thing that happens will probably happen to the person who opens the box so I'll keep it until I feel that increasing luck is boring.

Loni4ever likes this.
  8. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    All I can say is that seems tempting :sweating_profusely:
    2. What fraction of people do you think would open the box? 1 in a 1000? 1 in 1 million?

Don't know but I will try not to be amongst that fraction :notlikeblob:
    3. Suppose that the magical girl is a snake in disguise, and actually the snake gave the box to 1000 different humans. Is it reasonable to assume that somebody would open the box?

Absolutely :blobowoevil:
    4. Do you believe in Murphy’s Law — that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong?

Yes :blobsweat_2:
    5. Suppose that you have a “Danger-sense” and your friend is in possession of the box. You feel a strong sense of danger emanating from the box. How do you convince your friend not to open it?

Maybe if I am fastt enough to make him/her drop the box before they open it :hmm:
    6. Suppose that the box is indestructible and has a “will” of its own. Even when it is disposed of, somehow it will find its way into a new owner’s possession. If you encountered a box, would you keep it or try to throw it away?

Keep but lock with special locks and drops the keys or forget the passwords or something :hmm:

Loni4ever likes this.
  9. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    If all the other magic girls from these polls are anything to go by, they can't be trusted. Throw the box away

10. Si Kucing

Si Kucing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first thing i'm gonna do is ask: Would any water do? Cuz i don't want to waste my precious clean water on some box.... if any water do, then i would potty train my (future) dog to do it on the box

11. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn’t come with an instruction manual so I guess you’d just have to risk it / try it, if you wanted

12. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Will only open it if there's freshly used pantsu inside.

13. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is relative. You get tangible benifits by watering the box, but if you open it, something terrible will happen.
    As for whats precious it depends, it may be precious to the magical being but to me it might be a useless thing... So i wont open the box unless i have ways to find out whats inside and what the consequences will be

Loni4ever likes this.
  14. Si Kucing

Si Kucing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm...... well i guess i'll try it..... if nothing bad happened to me then i would make it my dog's toilet then, 2 birds with 1 stone ;)

1. Nope, i would probably interested...... but with it now become a dog's toilet i wouldn't even want to touch it

2. 1 out of 10 would, maybe more...... humans are curious and rebellious creature after all.....

3. No doubt

4. Then again everything around us can go wrong.... so it will go wrong..... eventualy......

5. Hm....... tell a story about pandora and her box?

6. If it has a will of it's own....... hm, maybe keep it? And expose it to various kind of situation like getting peed and shit on by dog, throw gasoline burn it throw cold water and keep repeating the process, carve it with knife or cutter or saw, drill a hole into it, etc..... i want to know how this "will" react to each stimulant.........

15. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the magical girl appear friendly and trustworthy? Let's just assume she does and I believe her.
    I picked "no - but I would water it occasionally" because she didn't say there'd be a negative to not doing so and I'd probably forget sometimes xD.

No. Although I'd be curious about it, it wouldn't be enough to warrant that risk. Can't I just ask her what's in the box, or maybe x-ray it and look at it through a thermal camera? Who knows, maybe that'll satisfy my curiosity a bit xD
    Edit: Oh no, @lychee you said in the beginning that we shouldn't try to see what's inside the box. Are the options above ok?

I'd say at least 1 in 1000... but I'm really not sure.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure there'll be a few there that are either tired of living, don't believe the magical girl or will open it for other reasons.

No, otherwise I wouldn't even be alive. Unless... my conception was a mista- ok let's not go there :blobwoah::blobjoy:
    Well seriously though, there's plenty of stuff that had to go right for there to even be life in general and more specifically, all the things humans have done and made.
    There will always be things that go wrong but same goes for the opposite :blob_grin:

Would they believe me if I told them I had a danger sense... like, have I maybe previously proved that my danger sense is valid? If not, I guess I'd ask them to please believe me and not open it, since that way there's no gain or loss anyway. If they were determined to open it, I'd possibly resort to warning them that I'd neither be present for the opening nor would I help them with whatever came out of that box. Although that would be a douche move but well...

I'd probably keep it, and stash it somewhere it's unlikely to be found and opened by someone not in the know. At least that way people won't randomly open it and encounter whatever disastrous thing will happen as a result (that is, if the magical girl said the truth).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  16. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Probably, curiosity is human nature and the curiosity about what is in the box would probably get to me.
    2) 1:1. That is given enough time. As I said curiosity is human nature and people have a hard time letting a question go unanswered.
    3) Yes.
    4) Yes, but I know it's not a constant.
    5) You can't, the more you would try to convince them the more curious they would become. If you don't want your friend to open it steal it and ditch it.
    6) If it was near me where others couldn't find it other than me ditch the thing. If it was in a public area run away.

Deleted member 79325 likes this.
  17. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is it with some people and used panties?

Loni4ever likes this.
  18. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Watch hentai kamen.

19. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... is a flat 10% luck boost? What idiot would open that kind of wonderful box?
    You can just play roulette and keep betting a single number. You have at least 1/10 chance(instead of 1/37)of guessing right and get *35 of your betting. Well I guess any low percentage win gambling game will do the trick to earn a fortune :blobastonished:
    None can prove you cheated your luck.

20. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing I shouldn't do is open the box... Does that mean I can submerge the box in water somewhere and still get the benefits even if I totally forget about it? Lol

Not too sure actually. I am naturally curious but I tend to follow rules well, unless Magical Girl angered me somehow and I want to get back at her by being stupid lol. Honestly I think I may just end up forgetting about the box and end up not watering it at all.

A lot. Some people can't resist doing what they're told not to do.

Yeah, very.

Hmm... Not sure? There are too many things that can go wrong, so it's not possible for EVERY possible thing to go wrong.

Tell the truth... "I got the box from this strange weirdo calling herself a magical girl and she said if anyone opened the box, bad things would happen. Idk if it really will but if you're gonna open the box, do it when I'm not around." lol

This is like one of them grudge videos or something lol. Uhh, toss it. The benefit of increased luck is barely anything imo, it won't improve my life too drastically if I had it or not. If not, then it's basically just a disaster waiting to happen. I don't want that kind of risk endangering me or my important ones, so I'll just toss it in the ocean or something.

Loni4ever likes this.