Discussion Worst turn off in a novel?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by fakhruddins, Nov 7, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you to me protagonists should be stubborn to the point of insanity (and not brag or acknowledge it CN mc's!) having a pushover is just annoying its why when I read jp novels I try to get cruel loners as mc. A person with a viewpoint that acts on it is the only true person.

2. Warleader

Warleader Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the bad guy tries to kill the main MC
    and it then surprised and outraged that the MC dares to kill him

Secu and Villager Anonymous like this.
  3. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    elengee likes this.
  4. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Panda93

Panda93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Biggest pet peeves are passive Mc’s whose arguments for not doing anything boils down to them wanting to “Be the better person”, “Take the higher road”, or “Heehee/huh? What’s happening, lol, I’m so oblivious.”

*mini rant* like those Japanese female or male mc’s *shakes fist*

“Oh, I’m not going to do anything-! D-dakara it’s not so bad anyways. I- I believe that they must have their own circumstances! A-ano ne~ su-such a thing..! I can’t possibly retaliate because I believe that this world is already c-cruel enough! Zetainii! I absolutely believe one day they will understand their wrongs!!!1!”

*i kno I kno, I’m practically the written text of “Everyone, hey come look what a great person this is. Wow, what a great person!” But these useless a** mc’s whose only reason for triumphing is through author fiat and being a mouthpiece for Japanese culture telling their readers indirectly to not rock the boat.

Rock the boat! Retaliate! Otherwise these useless a** mc’s can just wait and get played to f**ing death while they’re so busy trying to keep the status quo!!

Villager Anonymous likes this.
  6. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tournament arcs. I'll even extend school arcs too. They are just fillers that drag a story in my opinion.

7. Rouxd

Rouxd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gender bend. Just make them gay you coward!

Also Harem, because its so boring and each person of the harem is basically a singular personality trait to make up one person. Kinda like Inside Out, you have a sad one, happy one, tough/angry one, smart one, dumb on, one with glasses, ect. Just make that group into one person give them an actual personality. Also, that harem really isn't harem, just the MC not being able to decide which person to pick. Grow a set. They are usually stuck between two people out of 30 and every choice is the wrong one.

8. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of want to read a webnovel where the mc's get played to death and replaced over and over again. Maybe I am just in the mood for poetic justice.

9. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Torture. Animal cruelty.

10. takame

takame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i can tolerate quite annoying MCs but it's a done for me when it gets to plot. poorly-executed twist, circumstances that are so out of place you'll think it's a different novel, and bad pacing.

11. keny2020j

keny2020j Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    keep on telling how legendary and strong this person is in this arc then next arc he/she turn into common mob level

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.