Lots of MTL novels on Amazon

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Warleader, Jan 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warleader

Warleader Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Deathlord

Deathlord Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They have an app for reading novels on android which has same framework as that of QI's Webnovel. :sneaky:

3. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how are they even allowed to publish that without a license...

4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean the Amazon items or the app?

Look @runsing Have some more popcorn.

I wonder how many people know about the site and how they mix both edited and pure MTL. I also wonder how many are aware of their new and improved proofreading system.

Well, at least they're not paywalling those pure MTL chapters like some other sites does...
    I take that back... I hope no one's paying for those when they could just easily get them for free with freely available machine translators.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    Bright_Lucky_Star and kenar like this.
  5. Bored_Nick

Bored_Nick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But babel is paywalling chaps

6. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically, they’re not. But the actual owners don’t know of said action so no one is taking legal action against them.

7. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm: What is this even.... Next, we'll have to pay for oxygen. Right...

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  8. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    So... they're selling books illegally because the authors and publishers have no idea what's going on?
    Guess we have to report them.
    https://www.amazon.com/report/infringement

Looks like the original owners have to send a notice out to Amazon

9. checkm8

checkm8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed that there are a lot of MTL novels starting to pop up on Amazon but not all of them are unlicensed. I believe the Babel Chain novels are using their own MTL software to translate the novels. (See links)
    https://pandaily.com/chinese-online-literature-steps-into-overseas-market-with-ai-translation/
    https://funstory.ai/

A lot of their novels on Amazon have the "BC" logo on their covers which makes them easy to pick out. They are also published using the KU program which is nice since at least you can check them out without having to have spent a ton of money.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Webnovel's recent foray into MTL'd novels isn't driven by the new MTL software.

Note: I haven't read any of the BC novels since the reviews said they were MTL, so I can't speak to the quality of their releases. However, one of the main complaints I noticed in the reviews was frequent misuse of pronouns (he/she).

10. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ones on Amazon should be licensed. Babel has as a main investor a Chinese webnovel company, and I will leave it at that. That being said, having them enrolled in KU while also on their own site is def. a violation of some sort.

checkm8 likes this.
  11. Cristae

Cristae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually bought an mtl'ed book.

I was reading on their site a particularly interesting novel but got fed up with the trashy grammar. I am not willing to become a detective to figure all those out so i searched for it and found there was a book in English. I was so excited that time.

In trepidation, i looked through the first preview chapter and was relieved and thoight they were edited. Fool that I am, I thought that the one on the site was unedited and surely they'd have the decency to fully edit their own work before making it into a book and make people buy them. (By the way, the chapters are only until the free chapters on their site. So i basically paid for something that was free on their site and still with the grammar errors.)

Definitely not worth my money. I already stopped reading it since the grammar is a huge turn off. I believe I even left a review there -- might be the only reviewer and I never ever leave reviews unless there was a major problem with it. Me not giving a review is already a complement but this one was so bad that i just had to.

Sorry for being long winded. I just want to share it with everyone.

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    nah that good one
    for buying online product if it bad this cat definitely put bad review

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.