Discussion is there a novel that makes you want to read the next chapter?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Takeru Takaishi, Dec 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takeru Takaishi

Takeru Takaishi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the novel nowadays is not that interesting. It can't make me want to check everyday to see whether that title is updated or not. I still wait for series like Knights and Magic, Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita (WN), and Akuyaku tensei dakedo doushite kou natta. But outside of those three title, the others don't make me feel that excited to wait for it. It is like, "okay, I've read up to the latest chapter, now I add this to my reading list." And then be forgotten even when I check it, as I couldn't summon any energy to read the continuation.

Even on the occassion where I look at the update and read a new series, it is really rare for me to really want to read further chapters. Is it only me who feel like there is no good series to read nowadays compared to the old era of Novelupdates?

deepon likes this.
  2. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Congrats, this is your chance to escape and go outside!

I’m currently reading the mtl of Legend of the Cultivation God Immortal Realm. There’s no longer any hope for me! Leave us and run fast!

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Try these (if you didn't):
    Skeleton Knight, in Another World
    Overlord
    Shinka no Mi
    Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu
    Re:Monster

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I have novels where i have the opposite, as i check most novels daily anyway. Some titles i purposely will myself to forget to make sure at least an arc stacks up, like My House of Horrors, where a single chapter would just not be enough and having to wait a few days between each chapter breaks the immersion. Some novels deserve to be binge read. :blobhero:
    (also Thriller Infinity , although translation is half-baked).

5. IAmViruz

IAmViruz FGO Degen

Reading List:
    Link
    Against the Gods, Magical Explorer and The Second Coming of Gluttony for me.

6. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there is Kenkyo Kenjitsu which really makes me want to read the next chapter each chapter I read...but unfortunately the author is in hiatus and so the translator decided to take it REALLY slow.
    I also really look forward to Trash of the Count's Family too when the big battles are going on.

But the rest that I was into very much are either completed or dropped. Not much that's pushing me forward to read really.

(But then again, everything in the gender bender category I always look forward to reading...I'm a little too biased towards it. Sadly they don't update as much cause it's not such a popular genre.)

7. Takeru Takaishi

Takeru Takaishi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Overlord, tsuki ga michibiku isekai douchuu is the kind of novel I dislike. Re:monster doesn't seem that interesting (okay, I like kumoko pre-ascension. But re:monster impression is just bland to me).
    I did check daily, but most of it feel like a chore. Therefore I purged them and be left with sword-shisou and akuyaku tensei. CN and KR novels in my reading list did not survive the purge. It is the question of "do I really enjoy this or am I just addicted to this novel?"

Yep. My house of horrors is an excellent novel that need to be binged. I just lost the motivation though after CN government censorship. I did put some novel like overgeared, rebirth of the thief, reincarnation of the strongest sword god, other VRMMO novel, most Toika/Toycar novel in this category. Still... they did not feel like I should read further.

8. lafiel11

lafiel11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tales of herding gods and Lord of the Mysteries. Quality stories always stand out to me. Highly recommend both of them.

9. EnuoFH

EnuoFH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any that i'm currently reading and liking it tbh as soon as i get to up to date i kinda lose the motivation and usually keep reading daily for some time and then decide to gather chapters

10. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never once waited for a new chapter.
    I don't start/resume reading a series unless at least 100 chapters have gathered.
    Actually, at least 1/3rd of the novels I'm reading, I haven't read in over a year. There are even 3 novels that will soon hit a 3-year mark (4 days for one and ~1 month for remaining two). I guess, I should probably put them next in the queue.

11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel that I actually like : Reverend Insanity. It is enjoyable to watch a protagonist that constantly fails and cuts his losses

Novel that I think is crap and want to see what other nonsense the author will pull out of his ass: Supreme Magus

Novel that is simply relaxing that I don't rush to read : The Monk Who Wants To Renounce Asceticism

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  12. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Longest Day in Chang'an was like that for me. I dunno how far along the translation is as I read it in paperback in Chinese, but that was a good one. Imagine that old tv show "24", but in China during the Tang dynasty. Undercover cops, essentially, led by a convict let out especially so he can help, trying to prevent the capital city from being burned down by terrorists.

13. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    3 comes to mind.
    FFF class trash hero
    Running away from the hero
    Reverend insanity
    First 2 died translation wise.
    Last one died raw wise..
    Smh

14. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are all sorts of these books out there. Back when I first read Jin Yong novels, I couldn't put them down. It's a sign of a good writer, one who knows how to engage the audience, and they're not super common, but they're also not that hard to find.

Yeah, I've got to read that. I hear that the TV adaptation is pretty good as well.

15. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm
    Overlord
    Youjo Senki

16. PsBX

PsBX New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read Tales of Herding Gods for a long time. I got tired of the "priestess" who kept trying to kill the MC and he didn't do anything about it. He even taught her more about . Even after the wedding, she tried to kill him. I wish he got rid of her.

17. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kingdom's bloodline
    Paragon of destruction
    The wandering inn

18. lafiel11

lafiel11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are losing by not reading further.
    Qin Mu meets the past devil Cult Masters and you will get to know why she is strange like that.

Most importantly, all this are for establishing supporting characters, because one after the other disasters come knocking on the door.
    How the Mc grows up mentally is quite the read.

19. Garfenbeor

Garfenbeor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tales of Demons and Gods

Too much cliff hangers and updates are once a month

20. Hanten

Hanten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My house of horrors

Thread Status: