Discussion What would you do

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 155674, Jan 6, 2020.

?

How confident are you to survive this?

1. I definitely, can do it

2. I probably can do it

3. This is rigged, who can live this hell

4. This beyond me, I will just kill myself

5. I will just do my best

6. Other, comment your plan

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Been awhile since my last thread, and so, here is my first 2020 thread :blobparty:
    Anyway, back to topic, I believe that alot if not most nuffians are familiar with alot of cultivation novel tropes, like reincarnation, system, being op, etc...
    And so, let us suppose the following scenario:blobpeek:
    Someday without knowing why or how, you find yourself in a different world (cultivation world), in a body that is not yours, so to say, your soul traveled to another world and the next thing you know you are in a new body with the previous body owner's memories and of course your memories too, so far so familiar sounding, right? well, here is where things get a little bit of a twist :blobamused:
    You awake with a giant deep wound on your body, when you look at it, you see a big hole exposing some of your innards, naturally lots of blood since you are wounded but the wound is serious and to make things a bit more worse, some of your organs seem to have disappeared :blob_coughblood: but you don't feel pain and yes you are still alive (not dead, not a zombie nor any sort of undead) :blobawkward:
    Strange? well, before you get the chance to react in anyway, you hear a sound in your head telling you that "life sustaining system is on" and before you ask what it is, the voice continue to explain that the original owner of your current body is dead and whoever killed him/her is still roaming around free, and although you can't seem to remember who killed the original owner of your body or how he/she died from their memories but the system gives you an ultimatum :blobastonished::sweating_profusely:
    Your life is extended by one year, and you need to find out within that year who killed the original owner of your body and get back the missing organs and a good ending is waiting for you otherwise you die a horrible death :blobdevil: (you can choose to kill yourself instantly if you want but only within the next few minutes from hearing the voice otherwise later, you won't be able to kill yourself nor die till one year is over) :blobowoevil_horns:
    Now then, what sort of reaction would you have in this sort of scenario? Would you rather end your life or take the ultimatum?
    Suppose you accept the ultimatum and proceed to find who killed you (the original owner of the body) and once you go back to your family (your body gets 'healed' so no wounds are visible and no one can tell nor figure out how your body internally/really is, in other words to others you got no injuries at all) no one got an idea of what happened to you and everything seems normal as if nothing happened, you rack your brains what to do next, but soon you get summoned in front of the clan/family leader to be told that you are expelled from the family/clan and no one tells you why and the decision cannot be revoked, the family/clan leader as well as everyone else seem to be angry at you for some reason and they refuse to tell you why, they only want one thing from you and that is, for you to get as far away from them as possible :blobastonished::blobsad:
    With nowhere else to go, you go visit your fiancé(e) but (s)he refuses to meet you and you also get chased away :blobcry:, you decide to go visit some friends but they kick you away, saying that they don't want to have anything to do with you :blobsob:
    Again, what would you do in such case, now that not only do you have one year to find out who killed you but also you don't seem to be able to ask anyone you know for help? do you still think it was a good idea to accept the ultimatum?

2. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
  3. thisworldofmine1

thisworldofmine1 Grandmaster of Danmei Cultivation

Reading List:
    Link
    I like being alive, so I'd choose to live. And even if I want to die, I supposedly can't for one year, so that's actually a special talent. When I get kicked out, I'll feel confused but happy, it's too troublesome and confusing to deal with clan matters and have a fiancee. It's a good chance to start things anew. With modern-day talents, I can earn money, start a business, or become some powerful person's lackey with my special power of not being able to die being useful. I'll try to be low key and stay hidden as best as I can and eventually gain money or power to find out what happened to my past self. I don't think I'd focus solely on finding my murderer. If I've got a second chance to live, I'd live it and enjoy it. So in the end, I think it's a great idea to accept the ultimatum.

4. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    My thoughts are as follows. Death will happen sooner or later one way or another. Can’t get out of that one. Might as well try to beat the odds. Besides I like a challenge. Also I’m no coward and suicide is a cowards path. You fight until your last breath.
    I would go after my killer. I would also figure out what has happen to get everyone hating me.

5. Renie

Renie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What would I do?
    Cry no
    Be desparate no
    If I died in my original diamension that means I can die in this too but first thing first.
    With no pain coming from my wounds, rejected by people I knew from parents, fiance and friends.
    I try modelling out my life first before finding my killer.
    I would first hide myself face in order to get a job maybe vailing would be better or a mask.and starting afresh like a new born.forget about everyone who doesn't want to do anything with me.
    If I was a cook I can look for restaurant,if a designer I look for clothshops,to have enough money for my welfare and investigation.
    After about six months I would collect my saved money to buy a little land to establish my home with some little farming since land in ancient times wasn't expensive.
    Then after two months of having where to call home and establishing a small business in my own knowledge, I begin the search of my killer.
    I just hire one of the knowledge ouses about my body lender for people I had gragdes with and the last I was last seen with before I came in the knew world.
    After learning about my situation, I would look for the suspecious ones to get better knowledge which would lead me to my curlprit.after finding him or her,with my wound healed, I will begin enjoying the ancient times and look for a partner to pass time for my modern Life to come.

imK and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Good, but can you elaborate a bit on how you plan to proceed in order to do that, for instance, you don't know who the killer is :hmm:

7. TotallyNotAnAlien

TotallyNotAnAlien Not an alien!

Reading List:
    Link
    What the f*ck, who took me out of the void that is death and put me in this body?! Put me back!

Zone Q11, imK and MofuMofu like this.
  8. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    a year to travel and to sight see the new.world. . .

imK likes this.
  9. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a no brainer, really. Should have added: immence bouts of pain every night, if chosen to live; while immediate death comes painlessly.

As for my answer--Ill live ofcourse. I would have had to leave anyways to hunt the killer. Okay, now on to how I would proceed:

First, (because I'm indestructible) will be finding goons nearby and make them submit to me. Then I'll take over a gang. It won't take much time and will open a vast array of options to me.
    Next I'll have them find or create some dirt on the police, to further my reach into the system, because only then can the hunt begin.
    Now, with money and other problems taken care of, it'll be time to find the cocksucker who had the audacity to expunge my internal organs to the dangers of open air.
    Peace.

Zone Q11, imK, MofuMofu and 1 other person like this.
  10. jimmy1989

jimmy1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Live and plot my vengeance >:)

11. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the first part I would probably take the ultimatum, but after the second part Bad Idea. It would be one thing for you to not know anything, but how would you even have a chance of surviving if you couldn't even get information from those who were close to the person your body belonged to.

imK likes this.
  12. MrBugaw

MrBugaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In such a situation, whoever attacked you won't be able to sit still and leave you alone. They will be antsy to find answers. Plus even though you don't know for sure who did the attack, based on the body's memories you would have a decent idea of who would benefit. Time to dig some traps and see who jumps in.

And if the system won't let you die for a year, you can do some crazy stuff without worrying about staying alive. Even if you get captured and tortured by whoever attacked you, ta daa! you now know who attacked you, fullfilling the system's quest. Time for rewards!
    (And for if the system starts changing the goalposts, be sure to hide some weapons or lockpicks in your unkillable body among your missing guts so you can escape later.)

So there really is no need to worry or fear. Be bold. Flip those tables. Smash those games. Everyone already burned bridges with you, why fear social consequences? "I want some answers dammit! Hulk SMASH!"

Zone Q11, imK, MofuMofu and 3 others like this.
  13. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    After typing out a response, I came to the realization that as soon as I found out it was a cultivation world and all it's bullshitiery, I would have ended my own life as quickly as I could. As shitty as my life is, I still view it as better then the constant farce of a rape culture, endless offended young masters, and general shitty treatment from everyone including those that are supposed to be family(if you even have one left). So I would rather just take my chances with whatever is on the otherside of the veil.

Zone Q11, AMissingLinguist and imK like this.
  14. littlemetaball

littlemetaball Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    cry a lot

and then choose ultimatum bc id want to live haha!

if family kicked me out its probably bc the one who killed me was someone important. and maybe they killed me bc they had a grudge against me and framed me for something...so id go and get a protagonist halo and become op-

just kidding LOL

idk what'd I do if my 'family' rejected me.
    probably cry a lot more.
    but idk if id kill myself over that.

this is such a cool prompt!

imK and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  15. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Good question. Unfortunately the story has little to no clues.
    I would first retrace my steps and canvas the area of my death. There maybe clues that was missed.
    If friends and family isn’t an option. Than maybe the family enemies may know something. I’m sure my family enemies would love to know everything about my family.
    If that doesn’t work. Maybe start disguising myself and start hanging out at the local pub, bath house or inn.
    Last option.
    Kidnap the heir to the family. Someone that may know something, but to junior to have guards. A some what easy mark.
    I have a year and I’ll use every chance I get to find out what had happened.

It’s not about living past a year. It’s about revenge. I don’t care who you were or will be. Your now dead and just don’t know it yet.

16. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    Did I kill the previous owner, and then take over the body? Did the original owner of the body kill him/her self? Was the previous owner killed by wild animals or poison? Where does the voice telling me the rules come from? What cultivation is the previous owner?

Based on my understanding of the rules:
    I can't kill myself or die. (Can still be wounded or amputated.)
    Must find the killer of the previous owner of this body. (No clues on how to find them.)
    Must find my organs. (Most likely consumed by wild animals.)
    Win a happy ending if I achieve the two goals above.

Scenario is too hard. I would need plot armor to win.

17. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    NGL, I was really adamant about choosing to live for 1 year, but then I read this and remember why I avoid 90+% of all CN manhua, even if most of them belong to the fantasy genre.

AMissingLinguist has his own version of interpreting the OP, but my interpretation would be:
    1. I am unable to die, but do I regenerate or not? Even if I do, I am fairly certain that my mental health won't last long.
    2. I am supposed to "find" my killer, but what defines "find"? If I see my killer, do I find the killer? Do I need evidence that Mr. or Mrs. X is the killer?
    2.1. Assuming that I "find" the killer, what do I do afterwards? Nothing? Do I need to put him/her on trial? Do I need to avenge the original host and kill my killer?​
    3. I am supposed to find my organs. Supposing that I do find them, what do I do with them? Eat them?
    3.1. What organs are even missing? "I saw a big hole exposing my innards", but those usually refer to the intestines. If not, then possibly stomach, kidney, etc. on the middle part of our body. I need to know which organs are missing. Do I need to cut myself open to find out?​
    4. All my connections are suddenly cut after I returned to my residence. I am not even confused why this happens. My gut tells me this has to do with how I died.
    I fear for the worst that I might be treated as a demon practitioner or something, but since everyone avoids me rather than killing me, I assume that it has to do with reputation.
    Now, when it comes to reputation, I know many similar sure-fast way to hate someone. For men: have him cuckold a wife, a rape a beauty of low-birth, or visit the brothel.
    For women: have her have an affair, pick a fight with the fiancé's concubines, or visit the brothel.​
    If it has got nothing to do with sexual affairs, then I am already surprised that this "cultivation-based" story is not generic like the CN cultivation novels I have skimmed through.

There is not much "atrocious deeds" that one can do, where one only gets kicked out. The masses usually treat those kind with malice; give a spit on their foot, punch/slap him/her, yell at him/her, etc...
    The only way I see this happen is if someone higher than the family head / clan leader is attacking me. Whether my killer is related to the higher-ups is unknown though. For all I know, this might be a "side quest" of sorts...​

...yeah, this is too complicated without more details. If I am really fighting against some family of higher standing than my own family / clan, then I assume that they'd have hired some spies to check on me periodically as well. In a cultivation world where everything can happen, I don't know whether there is a "shadow cultivation" or "invisible cultivation" that are 100% suited for spying on all my decisions. Given enough time, I'd rather choose death than this suffering.

AMissingLinguist likes this.