Discussion [Poll] Isekai Into being a Hive Mind

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CyberCypher, Jan 6, 2020.

?

Now that you are a hive mind what will you do?

1. Conquer the world

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Grow and assimilate

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  3. Exterminate the unbelivers

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Use my large amount of man power to build a large rocket on the planet

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. build 2 rockets then stick the second rocket on another world because our world needs a friend

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. hibernate till the heat death of the universe

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  7. Do some kinky stuff with my drones

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  8. if you are a hive mind and your drones have sex, does it count as masturbation?

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    Taking a page out of @lychee
    You have died in a accident involving soap, a swimming pool, your hot cousin, and a champion racehorse. When you open your eyes you see yourself in expansive room with the only thing worh a note is a throne. Sitting on this throne is a young woman.
    She proudly proclaims herself as a goddess and says you will be given a second chance in life. The only problem is that you will have to be the villain that will have to bring a challenge to the heroes of her world. From all the Hollwood movies she's seen she realizes that the best villains have armies of emotionless and monstrous look-a-likes.
    You have chosen to become a hive mind and are no longer an individual but a force of nature. You are the earthquake, the volcano, the fire. You will consume all and all will be you.

a. how does your hivemind look like is it an insectiod, reptillian, mammalian, humanoid, amphibian, fishy, and so forth ?
    b. What is your primary mode of reproduction to create more drones ex eggs, live birth, sacs, parasitic larvae
    c. what is you main method of communicating with your drones? Is it pheromones, telepathic, sound waves, light, electrical impulses?
    d. Where is your starting biome? desert, mountain caves, forests, rain forests, grass lands etc.
    f.as you grow larger you have formed drones to have greater intelligence in order to act as lieutenants when your mind is else where, what is the level of intelligence and free will for these lieutenants?
    g. You have given one of your lieutenants too much intelligence and free will and it has decided to break off from you as well as dragging off some of your other lieutenants. How do you deal with a hive civil war?

lychee likes this.
  2. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    All that's good but where's the damn poll!?:facepalm:

3. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    I have failed @lychee sensei I will now commit sudoku and haiku

imK, 0000000, Loni4ever and 1 other person like this.
  4. skyfall3250

skyfall3250 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. MahotsukiKonran

MahotsukiKonran √¶∆℅¥×¶÷π√ ™°℅{^¢¡¿∆ \\£¥^√π¥℅¶∆÷√ ©¢¥®<®]¡¶∆¿

Reading List:
    Link
    So you are going to write poetry with numbers

6. Averroes93

Averroes93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would love to read it.

imK, Loni4ever and CyberCypher like this.
  7. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    EXPLAIN NOW!!!:blobpeek:

8. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    There is also a story on royal road where a guy reincarnated as a virus. Not much hivemind but he does have some level of control over the spread as a whole.

9. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    ooohhhhh that makes sense
    five one three two nine
    seven eight six three four one
    one two eleven

10. apricotsoda

apricotsoda Shy Shy Shy

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a new novel in jnc titled Her Majesty's Swarm :blobokhand:

11. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While riding on a sweet ass horse with your hot cousin your horse slips because of soap which catapulted you into a swimming pool and resulted in you drowning like a loser

12. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    Sudoku the puzzle
    Improves your mind and your eyes
    If only there's time

Averroes93 likes this.
  13. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did I slip off myself to death?
    I died drowning?
    I have a HOT cousin?
    I'm filthy rich?

Interesting circumstances on my death... Was I double teaming my hot cousin with our horse with soap as lubricate in the pool?

imK and CyberCypher like this.
  14. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't know. It was you that died not me

15. false

false Today is always the best day ever~

Reading List:
    Link
    a. how does your hivemind look like is it an insectiod, reptillian, mammalian, humanoid, amphibian, fishy, and so forth ?
    A small organism that can hijack the mind of other organisms. As small as possible, I'd be some viral disease if I can choose that. Then, it's time to play plague.inc
    b. What is your primary mode of reproduction to create more drones ex eggs, live birth, sacs, parasitic larvae
    Just like bacteriophage, I control my host's bodily function and get it to create my drones.
    c. what is you main method of communicating with your drones? Is it pheromones, telepathic, sound waves, light, electrical impulses?
    Telepathy. Either that or with electromagnetic waves.
    d. Where is your starting biome? desert, mountain caves, forests, rain forests, grass lands etc.
    Forest. Start out with the simple animals and work my way up. Do research to find a cure of myself and find a way to circumvent it.
    f.as you grow larger you have formed drones to have greater intelligence in order to act as lieutenants when your mind is else where, what is the level of intelligence and free will for these lieutenants?
    I don't think it'd count as hivemind if the drones have any will at all. I completely control everything and am capable to do so due tomy nature a hivemind.
    g. You have given one of your lieutenants too much intelligence and free will and it has decided to break off from you as well as dragging off some of your other lieutenants. How do you deal with a hive civil war?
    Well let's say that I messed up and that happens. It'd be war then. Assuming they're the same type of hivemind as I am, I can just destroy the hivemind's queen and takeover my drones again

16. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    a. I think an army of stone and metal golems would be a great army. Very strong and scary, plus they aren't technically alive sidestepping the moral problems of creating living beings just to be slaughtered. As a bonus, they'd break normal steal weapons so there would actually be a believable reason for sending a party of over-geared elites instead of an army.
    b. I'd picture it as collecting a pile of the correct raw materials, injecting my mana into it, then it forms a crystalline cocoon looking thing from which a new golem emerges in a few days.
    c. We'd all be linked together in the magical equivalent of a wifi network.
    d. An ominous black mountain range with several volcanoes is traditional. It would also have lots of useful minerals and ores for me to use.
    e... oh wait, you missed e.
    f. The best part of an inorganic army is they don't have a survival instinct to make them rebel against being sent to their deaths. I'd give them a high degree of intelligence and free thought, but no emotions or desires.
    g. Call them defective and order them all destroyed.

CyberCypher likes this.
  17. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking more like the swarm from starcraft. There is a overmind that controls all but there are moments when you cant be every where at once so you give some specialized drones a degree of independence especially when the edges of your hive are too far from your center

18. AFZ3643

AFZ3643 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Think of Zerg overmind or tyrannid

19. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I will look just like a regular human, just to throw people off their rockers
    Ever seen how the goblins in GS do it? Yup that is me.
    Telepathic is nice, but I know multiple ways to fuck shit up, can I just send messages through the Chaos and hope that they don't vet and change my messages like when I am in China?
    I look like a human, why not a simple village out of nowhere.
    Free as they may be, but with multiple fucking killswitches and geasses.
    Check answer F.

CyberCypher likes this.
  20. ItzATrap

ItzATrap Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Insect. Anything else would feel weird as a hive mind. Like wasps.
    eggs or however a wasp grows.
    Telepathic wasps.
    Forest so I can hide my wasps in a place with many food sources.
    I give them slightly more intelligence (enough to interpret my orders their way), but the free will of the overlord guardians (All for Naza- I mean the Hive mind of course!)
    Beat em up with all I got. Starvation tactics mind games you name it. Whoever wins, wins. But I think the F. answer solves this anyways.