LCD Starting a new Life as a Discarded All Rounder

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by venu101, Nov 11, 2019.

1. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So for most of the chapter I thought the gryphon was trying to think of a name for itself. I fell over laughing once I realized the gryphon was thinking of how to name Roa.

LuneyLune likes this.
  2. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would ask if the griffon even know Roa's name, but the party used it the previous chapter.

Guess he thinks Roa needs a new and improved name

userunfriendly likes this.
  3. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR!!:ROFLMAO:

Umu...I think he’s trying to think of a PET name for Roa...

Griffon: Poochi!
    Roa: :facepalm:

4. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Divided we fell so now united we stand.

5. A8nton

A8nton New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Major disaster incoming.

6. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    After giving it some thought, there's probably a good chance that Crack of Dawn is going to survive all of this since by their powers combined, the golems are going to form Captain Golem. Now the question is will the unified golem go after the gryphon, the two wolves, or Nostalgia first? The gryphon is heading back to town (sans collar which should be quite interesting all on its own) and if a mega-golem follows it that would be entertaining. Likewise the wolves will be following the gryphon back to town eventually. Or since Nostalgia is the least scary option I could see the golems forming up near them with the wolves maybe chasing after the fleeing combining golems.

For sheer comedy value having the golem go after Nostalgia while the wolves and gryphon terrifying the town(with the wolves maybe not realizing they ARE terrifying the town) is probably the way to go.

7. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    New Chapter.

Looks like our wolves have found Roa in the nick of time. It's cute how they take turns getting scratchies while the other beats up golems. Ole Gryph is going to be mad when he founds out he missed out scratchies!

8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
  9. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Ole Gryph is going to be REALLY mad when he finds out he missed out scratchies!
    Town declaring state of emergency in 3 ... 2... 1...

10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Care to recommend similar novels?
    I am sure I have seen this trope somewhere else but can't recall

11. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately I can't think of any that have been completely translated. A number of the stories in the genre are complete garbage that require nearly everyone in the story to be braindead idiots to even work. The ones I listed are the ones where there are at least characters who aren't complete idiots in the novel.

12. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you

13. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Slow Life on the Frontier is not that far from fully translated, only like 10-11 chapters.

For Playboy, the Hero party was kind of designed to fail due to the politics involved (which is also why he was looked down on, since they gave the hero title to everyone else).

I have seen a few that had the first ch or 2 of the manga adaptation translated, but no novel translation.

But a few other novels with booting leading to failure or doom I am aware of :

Tag-Team - MC booted due to sexism, but was the most competent member of the team. I think it the LN was licensed and being commercially released

My 【Repair】Skill Became an Almighty Cheat Skill, So I Thought I’d Open Up a Weapon Shop - MC was not actually a member of the party, but on the mission they failed, him not being there, because they had stranded him alone in the middle of the dungeon to cover for the hero's mistake, to maintain their gear properly was a major factor. Though that they were disregarding their instructions to try and gain glory also hurt them.

E-Rank Healer Manga is on book 2 of 3 Novel translation was only the prologue and ch 1. Party were con men who kidnaped the MC with mind control powers, got addicted to the conveniences of her medicine (as well as what they were able to get her to do due to said mind control) and full of themselves due to treating the MC as a tool rather then bothering to understand fully how her medicine is not the standard, booted her thinking their rank had grown enough to recruit what he had wanted in the first place (she is a pharmacist, they wanted a magic healer who uses faster and more convenient spells but did not have the rank to recruit one), fail because they are too use to her effects (and arrogantly ignored her warnings that the route was to dangerous)

The Labyrinth Raids of the Ultimate Tank : Hero booted the MC to try and get with a girl, due to the nature of the party set up no one else could stop the booting. Their world does not have a decent way to identify the effects of unique skills and the Hero did not know that his skill had a side effect that the MC's skill shifting to the MC (and that side effect was what the hero used to justify booting the MC).

SammieUy and lunarshadow like this.
  14. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you kidding me?!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

That guild master needs to get eaten by a monster.:facepalm:

15. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    The guild master is a muscle headed idiot, but ya things are going bad, and he is more concerned with saving face then doing something about the actual problem. (though the new hero party dying is going to be a scandal either way, either he should have known that there were not worthy and prevented them from getting the title, or his recon screwed up and left a major threat for to long, well it is the former).

Plus a disturbance in the ares his guild is responsible for could put the spotlight on them for why it happened, and why they allowed it to happen. Which would lead to new laws and regulation that they do not like.

Though the thing he is forgetting about is that if the problem centers around the griffon (which he has no excuse for not being suspicious of) escaping the parties control (because he was never loyal to them) then the center of the disturbance could easily be a P!$3d off Griffon heading towards the city for revenge (or scratchies).

Plus 9 to 1 or better odds that the reason Nostalga is considered troublesome by him is that they are competent, and demonstrating how bad his group of murder hobos are just be doing the job properly. since those who lack competence does not like to have their incompetence displayed for all to see.

16. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so is the crack of dawn dead?

17. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it matter?
    Without the Griffon and Wolves they are nobodies, and the Griffon and wolves only listen to 1 person.

Though they likely are not all still alive.

venu101 likes this.
  18. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    The Golems were pissed off enough to merge together all the bodies in the area, these morons may survive as the new slimy interior of a massive golem.

venu101 likes this.
  19. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Doubtful, in these kind of stories there's always a walk of shame for the hero group who tossed the MC. Most likely they'll return to town with no more than 1 of them dead.

venu101 likes this.
  20. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s the part I’m looking forward to the most.

And of course the clueless party leader will offer a Roa insulting terms to come back, or claim that the Griffon and cubs belong to them...and the Griffon poops on them! (crossing fingers for that one):ROFLMAO:

venu101 likes this.