Non-Fic If teleportation technology exist.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Neiri, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If teleportation tech exist will you try it? Are you worried it just delete you and create a copy who think they are you at the destination ?

2. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on what teleportation does to the physical object.

imK likes this.
  3. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I will try it and I don't care if I die.
    as long as i get internet and wifi in the afterlife...?

4. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    Like most things, i'll try it if the people surrounding me have tried it & doesn't give a bad review. I'm more inclined to try it if it doesn't have motion sickness feel.

A copy of me? Doesn't matter.

5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I will as long as it is reversible :blobunsure:

6. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    That depends on what kind of teleportation it is but space travel would become extremely cheap since we would no longer be constrained by fuel to mass ratio when leaving the atmosphere we can just yeet the shuttle to space along with 10 other shuttles. That is of course assuming teleportation is common as air travel

Zomula likes this.
  7. Dat_Karma

Dat_Karma Still Here

Reading List:
    Link
    A copy of myself? That wouldn't matter if I teleport straight into the sun.

Return and imK like this.
  8. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Teleportation has already been making great strides in recent years. Here's two articles discussing it:
    There was another article discussing this that I initially wanted to link to, sadly it didn't save to my bookmarks properly when I found this initially.

Honestly, I don't see teleportation being used outside delivery service for goods anytime soon. You're looking at least a century of field testing for civilian use. I wouldn't put it past the black government sponsored groups to use humans within that time, though. Still, we're probably a decade, at the least, before you're picking up something near the local teleport center. Probably a coupe decades for a home unit if they mass produce it.

9. Dat_Karma

Dat_Karma Still Here

Reading List:
    Link
    What if the energy required to teleport 10 space shuttles outweighs the fuel to mass ratio thing?

CyberCypher likes this.
  10. abewan

abewan 〘Nishikigoi Dungeon〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Assuming the technology runs on photon-proton electric generator, I don't think why not.

11. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Will it misplace my head backwards?

12. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    That is why I said assuming that teleportation is as common as air travel. Even if it takes a lot of energy to teleport objects it could still jump start the space industry. Imagine 2 teleportation pods, one is in the middle of a fuel tank on earth, the earth is in a compact fuel tank on a shuttle. Think a tank maybe as big as an suv. If the teleporters are in constant use where the tank on earth is the inlet while the shuttle is the outlet. That rocket is holding a relatively unlimited amount of fuel onboard as long as the pods work. The rocket is still carrying the same amount of mass with having a small tank.

Dat_Karma likes this.
  13. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would prefer the technology if what was sent to the destination was a duplicate, because that would imply their was a record/template made each time, & whilst that would be at least as open to abuse as any other form personality duplication (may I offer as "evidence" the Gavs of Schlock Mercenary), it would still also offer an end-run to serial immortality if a more rational form of digitization/uploading somehow hadn't been developed.

14. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    This reminds me of Star Trek: The Next Generation where Riker gets split in two.
    As to your question...
    I guess I would try it, especially if it’s convenient to use. You know what’s funny when they started using that massive particle accelerator to find a higgs boson. The crazy all started coming out and saying it will create black holes. Than destroy the world as we know it. Yet here we are still kicking.
    If you live in fear of the what if’s. You will be running for the rest of your life and that’s no life at all.

imK likes this.
  15. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    if teleportation exists
    • no need for cars
    • no cars means no carbon dioxide and monoxide
    • no cars means no/less factory for manufacturing
    • less air polution
    • no car means road is useless, more useless space
    • more space to use, can be planted with trees or more houses (land will be cheaper)
    the only downside is, once you got teleported and a fly passed through, youll be genetically fused with it.

kkgoh and Toralk like this.
  16. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    this kind of tech seems kinda expensive on the toll for each use....
    every insurance company should be goin bald really fast. faster than Jacky Chan do so( as he was banned till now from EVERY insurances company whenever he make a movie due the casualty tend be high. on himself as he use never stuntman so was his team crew)

17. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    im pretty sure if teleportation exist for the first few hundred years it will probably be held hostage by big corporation selling tickets at insane prices and airplane tickets will be how the common ppl travel. and these big corporation will use this tech to find habitable planets and suddenly we will have solar systems owned by private companies instead of governments.

18. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    there are 2 versions of teleportation.
    particle teleportation that transfers you on a molecular level. copy and paste kind.

the other one is hyper dimensional teleportation. creating a tear through space and time to connect 2 points. basically you go through the gate. walk a little through hyperspace, then exit at your destination. also risky due to dimensional collapse.

19. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Finally someone else feeling sorry for me coz he knows how fucked up I am.

20. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
    My copy will be me but stronger.

imK likes this.