LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't lmao. Just giving a neutral answer. I was planning on talking about the reactions to the lingerie and how it differed, etc and then just deleted it to keep it simple

2. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ahh fair enough lol

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    So in other words, what you're saying that it would work out perfectly here as well? :blobxd:

4. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    So if I remember correctly, the history of events goes like this
    -Parasite Queen arrives at Paradise, and proceeds to devour both Chief God and 7 Virtues.
    -7 Sins stepped up and pushed her back
    -Parasite Queen created 7 Virtues to counter
    -Federation enters and creates a stalemate

My question right now is, if Gula says by taking action, the scales would tip in PQ's favour. If so, wouldn't the PQ have won the moment they (7 Sins) fought back, back then since that would tilt the scales crazily in PQ's favour?

Astaroth likes this.
  5. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    The moment PQ devoured the Chief Deity she became immune to casualty, that’s the main reason why she can manipulate earthlings into doing her bidding. The 7 Sins, on the other hand, have their hands tied. Summoning earthlings by itself made them being vulnerable to casualty and the PQ messing with their chosen. Still, it was a bet that kinda paid off, since earthlings imprisoned her in her throne. As for the counterbalance to that in the PQ’s favor, it exists and it is a spoiler. So you can see how the Sins are afraid that doing anything else might trigger a shitstorm that they can’t resist.

6. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand that PQ was immune to casualty the moment she ate Chief God. However, that only applies when she would take action (meaning casualty wouldn't tilt to Paradise's side and that 7 Sins action would still tilt the casualty to PQ side).

Which was why I'm puzzled on why the 7 Sins have their hands tied when they supposedly were duking it out with PQ before Earthling's arrival. But now I see, thanks for clearing up :)

Astaroth likes this.
  7. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    That much is already said in the novel, the real question is how the hell is that even possible? How does one "get a free action" like that? It just doesn't make any sense without some explanation from the author on how it works.

Well just knowing that there's going to be an explanation at some point is a bit of a relief, though honestly I have a hard time imagining an explanation that isn't just hogwash...

Only novel with a good explanation for "fate" I've read so far has been Daoist Gu/Reverend Insanity, since SPOILER exists.

But even then, in Daoist Gu, all SPOILER does is just to make some people more or less "lucky", it doesn't have any direct impact.

From how Gula talked it sounded like the "law of causality" or w/e has way more of an effect than "fate" in daoist gu.

8. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Causality in SCoG is very similar to the concept of karma in nature. Good deeds will one way or another return to you down the line, same for bad ones. It is not exactly a direct, straightforward or immediate thing. Take the Sevens Sins and the summoning of Earthlings. They received major reinforcements for the war against the Parasites, but they are now also vulnerable to betrayals and manipulations, plus a few earthlings being turned into parasites if captured. That was causality acting to even the grounds due to the Sins’ actions. That is how PQ is turning their actions against them, as Gula mentioned.

Astaroth likes this.
  9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I get that one. That makes sense, bringing over Earthlings had both pros and cons. That's not weird.

What's weird is how the Seven Deadly Sins can't even tell their executors important information without somehow being equally negatively effected. How they seemingly can't take any personal action etc.

At that point it's hard to just chalk it up to karma, fate, causality, equality, balance or w/e only being indirect.

10. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn’t it be a case of the parasite queen being able to attack them instead she can’t seem to do that normally

Astaroth likes this.
  11. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think its something as readers well just have to accept as it being karma mixed with the parasite queen just being the strongest God. kinda like with the whole time difference theres just certain things that if you cant explain perfectly are better left unexplained to not ruin the story.
    "Most importantly, he succeeded in forcing the Parasite Queen, who was fighting on the frontlines, to return to the Corrupted Throne, thereby limiting her activities to the Empire’s territory." Based on this in Ian's notebook it seems like thats what she was doing for awhile, id imagine she must be injured or something, and as seen from this last war with undying diligence the parasites with divinity cant just use it whenever because it causes a backlash on them. so its not that she cant cause of a special rule or bad writing to me but more so just even though the parasites are clearly winning they dont have a lot of room for mistakes and are limited in what actions they can take

Astaroth likes this.
  12. Digital Gent

Digital Gent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On the topic of traitorous Earthlings... Earthlings are able to obtain and bring out some sort of benefit outside of Paradise and into their world, right? Pretty sure that's how big companies like the Pharma company Seol is connected with became successful. I wonder if one of the reasons that Earthlings target Executors and other notable people that oppose the Parasite Queen is because they're afraid that if she's defeated they'll lose access to Paradise, and in turn lose access to their competitive advantage to companies/groups that have no access to Paradise. The reason Earthlings can go to Paradise is because of the Parasite Queen's invasion and them being summoned there by the sinful Gods after all.

Well, that's just my personal guess on why Earthlings would go out of their way to target Executors and other noteworthy people that oppose the PQ. Could be that the PQ is just doing some manipulation of her own, like how someone earlier mentioned that their might be more discrete parasites that can control people.

13. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    while i dont think thats why they target executors i do think its why the parasites are winning. book aside if you fight a war without the intention of ending it then of course you'll eventually lose. every big group in paradise is more concerned about profit and benefits from paradise so they dont really try to solve the parasite problem. just look at the last timeline most earthlings left before the final battle instead of fighting.

Astaroth likes this.
  14. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's THE Temple of Luxuria. The organization who has the monopoly of Priests.

It has been emphasized numerous times how people would be reluctant to join an expedition or exploration that does not have a Priest, so getting banned by the Temple would directly put an organisation in a disadvantage.

If you put it that way it's like you're implying that Sinyoung is the one behind the defamations and bad propaganda all these time. After all, they are likely the only ones who are legal in Earth and thus stand to benefit more compared to the likes of others who are portayed badly...which is only Mexican Cartel so far.

Plus, they are also located in Scheherazade which is the 'safest' city in Paradise and the only one that was not 'targeted' by the Parasites in the recent 'invasion'.

Astaroth likes this.
  15. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean it’s obviously more than one group doing this shit at once those other people who died, retired or went missing got attacked by many groups

Astaroth and tkato like this.
  16. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read this since the last hiatus, just wondering why the sudden drop in rankings?

17. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    What drop in rankings?

18. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Monthly series ranking. This was top 1 then it went way down below top 10.

19. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure how that ranking works this novel definitely not gone down in popularity

tkato likes this.
  20. Parth37955

Parth37955 [Unavailable, go away] Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno where you're looking, but it's still number 1 monthly for both popularity and activity. It's all-time rank is lower, but that will improve over time