Feature Request Replying To Reviews

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by SoulZer0, Jul 13, 2017.

1. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we get a feature where we can reply to a review, please? Some of these reviews are blatantly lying and they even somehow manage to completely twist the storyline of the novel. This can be regarded as false information and it's harmful.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  2. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    You tell me about that.
    It's against the rules to criticize another review in the reviews, and we can't express our opinion about them.

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    If you feel a review is not appropriate or that it's breaking the reviews guidelines, please report the review, Tony doesn't read most novels on NU, so he doesn't have a way to know if the review is truthful to the novel or not.

imK likes this.
  4. Slayerwolfx2

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, to me this isn't the problem...
    There isn't a review that is absolutely incorrect, or truthful for that matter.
    Aside from preferences and a lot of other things, your point of view also appears in a review.

I would like the ability to comment in a review.
    That review may not be incorrect, or worth deleting, but some stuff could be arguable.

Also also, I would like to see what other people think about certain reviews.

Low ranked reviews, high ranked ones...

I believe it will make it easier to judge.

Like highly liked reviews having some stupid parts.

People who read reviews to start reading, may find a novel rated 4.6 with amazing reviews etc. That they might find different to what they expected, like the story having a drastic change after x chapters, and the review being only till y chapters. People just don't change their reviews nowadays...

Commenting on such reviews is something to consider.

Also, it should expose more dishonest reviews without the reporting thing, even letting others see why that review is bad etc.

The comments in a review should be presented in a way like spoilers (not like spoilers are... something like how Amazon does it, maybe).

Astaroth likes this.
  5. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    The purpose of replying to reviews isn't because it's against the rules. Most of these reviews are not breaking the rules. The purpose of this feature is to inform potential readers that these particular reviews are wrong and they don't update their reviews and many of it is completely obsolete when new chapters are out.

Reporting it to @Tony and he removes it would mean censorship and we don't want that on NU.

Astaroth and Slayerwolfx2 like this.
  6. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First try to summon the reviewer at the LCD by @ the reviewer.

Personally, I don't think replying to reviews should be allowed on NU site. It'll leave too many holes for people to abuse, imagine 50cent army pushing up a bad review by agreeing with it.

If there's a need to dicuss or comment on a review, do it in the forum. You have enough people disagreeing with it, show it to @Tony and he might be swayed to remove/edit it.

AliceShiki likes this.
  7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll be surprised at the number of people who reviewed on NU aren't on NUF. It's impossible to contact them and talking with them is not the main point. The main point is to correct the false information. Editing/deleting an existing review that doesn't breach the rules is a form of censoring, which will decrease the credibility of this site. The main point of this feature is to provide corrections to the reviews. A reply to a review saying "Yes, I agree" is not a constructive opinion thus can be regarded as spam. And 50 cent army cares about the Qidian's reputation. Not the novel reputation. This feature has been proven useful on many sites and NU should follow this because it allows two-way conversation than just a simple one-way communication.

Astaroth likes this.
  8. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't be surprised. There are a number of questionable tag editors who I can't contact on NUF to inquire the reason they add tags or edit categories on NU.

If that is your view, then I'll respect it. However, I'm still with my stand of not agreeing to it. I can sense the number of reports jumping just because of the communication going on. If there's gonna be drama, let it be to NUF ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Astaroth, Nom de Plume and AliceShiki like this.
  9. Slayerwolfx2

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly comment wars won't be that common, mostly because there are countless reviews on the site, and people will soon realise that starting a war on who agrees what is what is a bit... stupid. If they would support a review that much, might as well make their own.
    But it will happen. Mostly because differences in opinions. But yea, comment wars would require a novel's review to be read quite often, have a lot of people who are willing to start a comment war at the same place, and be a bit controversial.

And I think you're too worried about the 50cent army...
    Like, with all the QI hating, the reviews are kinda low, and should the 50cent army had come, it would have been quite a bit the opposite, as well as the novels having really vague reviews, or out of place reviews, or just plain lies... we can report those kind of reviews, and while yea it should be a bit of a hassle to delete in mass, it won't be a common thing, for that I'm certain about.

10. Slayerwolfx2

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, as I said in my previous post,

Also, if you want it in a more... subtle way, do it how Amazon does, by having another link for the comments? But that isn't the problem yea...

11. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd rather they don't happen at all. At least, not on NU.

I'm using 50cent army as an example. What I meant was the multiple accounts people can have. There are always people who will use multiple accounts to push their reviews up. Making accounts doesn't take too long. There are previous cases where when one user has been banned, there will be another directly after that continuing the tasks done by the banned user. This was repeated multiple times and we can't even contact them, possibly because they are dummy accounts so their NUF account is not active. See how desperate people can get?

It's up to @Tony if he's gonna implement it. But since he's the only one who handles everything related to Reviews on NU, it'll probably be pushed down under the list of features to implement.

And where would that link goes from NU. Like I said, I don't agree with having drama on NU, so if it's gonna end up with the comment still be on NU, no thanks. At least until @Tony won't be the only one having to handle it (the comments) alone.

As you've said, no review is absolutely incorrect or truthful. There's Status under the Date to show how far someone has read before the review is done. It falls on the people reading them whether to notice it or not.

12. Slayerwolfx2

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately some people don't use it...
    And there are more than that reason to comment on a review >.<
    But yea, managing it will be a hassle at the beginning...
    A one man army isn't exactly my thing either.
    And yea, as many features, this too can wait... (but at least it should be on the to do list... ok, the waiting list is fine too...), but it's something to consider.

LaDyViL likes this.
  13. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    One man army, that's the word for Tony on review. Yep. Definitely something to consider.

14. Incarneous

Incarneous ☕ [Transcendent Eternality] [Alexfilia's Dad]

Reading List:
    Link
    While I can't see a reply system helping... but the ability to express yourself... possibly in the form of vote down, or dislike might help?

15. PoshMafia

PoshMafia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i would like a review replying system.

16. forgotten

forgotten 【 R E M N A N T】

Reading List:
    Link
    I skipped so many novels because of most liked reviews there saying stuff about the novel which made me avoid it, just to later read the novel and find out that the reviewers logic was twisted and misleading or even blatantly lying. like at least 90% of reviews are ranting and biased info from people who aren't even trying to take and look at the novel from the objective point of view.
    Reviews are so untrustworthy that to at least me personally they are useless because I can't know if a person is honest or just ranting at a novel, and "likes" on review proved to do nothing about it.

example (which I read before coming here): Reviewer read about 50 chapters and he couldn't understand why mc acts in a specific way even thought he's too old/young or w/e. Even though few chapters later after he dropped novel there is flashback explaining why mc could be acting that way. And now that novel has hundreds of chapters and second best-liked review is bashing novels protagonist because reviewer dropped it few chapters before the explanation.

Reply's could be hidden behind "show replies" button as not to flood the page and to be only used to correct or add something to that person's review and all other random replies or discussions should be viewed as spamming and be removed.

Though I know even my idea of reply has its issues and possibilities of being misused or abused but I honestly think current review system truly untrustworthy even with the "likes" update to the reviews

17. catatopatch

catatopatch Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm:To be honest, I think it's an inherent flaw with the whole crowd reviewing thing on the internet. Leaving a review especially a proper one takes effort so anyone who actually bothers to do this either has some kind of strong emotions pushing him to do so or he has some motives. Eg. a fan who really loves the series voting a 5, a hater who just wants to tank the series with 1. Both are biased in their own way. As for those with motives, it's pretty obvious.

In most cases, you will get these cases unless there's really something absolutely, positively, super-duper tilting/ great about it that even the average non biased reader would want to review it.

Overall, I'm in favor of replying to the review. Or even reviewing the reviewer.

18. iBlackie

iBlackie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will tell u something i think u ever heard of warlock majus world i will ask u does the novel has a romance genre or wait i will check maybe tags?? Academy Alchemy Apathetic Protagonist Artifacts Beasts Biochip Bloodlines Cold Protagonist Cruel Characters Cultivation Dark Depictions of Cruelty Determined Protagonist Dishonest Protagonist Evil Protagonist Evolution Fantasy World Game Elements Gods Gore Handsome Male Lead Hidden Abilities Human Experimentation Male Protagonist Polygamy Poor to Rich Pragmatic Protagonist Proactive Protagonist Ruthless Protagonist Schemes And Conspiracies Selfish Protagonist Seven Deadly Sins Souls Stoic Characters Strength-based Social Hierarchy Sword And Magic Time Skip Transmigration Underestimated Protagonist Weak to Strong
    Wait maybe i don't see romance or maybe i see evil and something like dark and ruthless well maybe i don't have good eyes and see something are not here but will somone say the mc is ruthless well i don't see anything like ruthless tags u know what i mean ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ and they talk about how the mc don't have one girl or at least be with a lot of girls cause he leaves them or something like that u know and that comment have many likes and they gave the novel one star cause something isn't even in the tags maybe i can report it but couldn't cause i created this account i think before on day or something like that well i will say something i didn't finish the novel i read it on Arabic site cause i wouldn't feel excited if i read English subtle well maybe the things I've said don't relate to anything but when i wanted to create i felt it would take long cause it's reviews site
    don't ask me why i thought like that but when i read there reviews i felt somewhat angry cause they said the mc isn't good one and evil well from the start of story u well feel that and tags they hate the genre anti hero that's why i hate those people if u hate something then don't do it or don't read watch it why u want others to hate it cause u hate it? Maybe what I've been trying say wasn't clear well i wrote it quickly without taking many time to write it or maybe my grammar is bad I've been reading novel by subtle english well it doesn't mater bye and sorry if u didn't understand what I've said
    I've seen the last reply was 2017 shit man and there still haven't been the reply function shit hehehe .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  19. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    The reviewer didn’t read the tags and blamed the Novel? Or do you mean that better tags could have prepared that reader who left a bad review?

20. iBlackie

iBlackie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he said the mc is ruthless and he is and he isn't romantic man and he isn't
    And he don't have a specific girl well he have 6 but don't love them or say i well live forever with u and start a harem and this things but there aren't any tags that say the story have some romance or something like that
    Well u can go and see what he said warlock majus world war
    Well he didn't see the tags and after he read it he said it's bad cause he love the hero being stupid and try to save. The world and after meeting a girl for. Second and say i love and i will rescue you mother and blah blah and after someone capture his family he go to them and fight for bhis dath while he isn't strong and by a miracle his family get save he loves that things
    He want the mc to be a hero and romantic but there are tags say evil protgest or what ever i don't know how to spill it