Recommendations BL NOVEL OR MANGA RECOMMENDATION [GONG PROTAGONIST]

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by IloveWebNovels, Jan 9, 2020.

1. IloveWebNovels

IloveWebNovels Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't a Fujoshi before. But when I read a shounen ai webtoon i can't help but squeal 'cute!!!' (///﹏///).。oஇ.

And so I saw the beauty of bl. Still, I'm quite picky with what I read. I prefer novels or manga with a shou [uke] who's not too feminine. How do I say this? It's not like all gays are like women, some are masculine too. So I mostly read manga which has characters that look absolutely straight but are actually bent. Do you guys have any novels or manga that you could recommend to me?

[PS: the manga that I like the most is Nirameba Koi, the chemistry between the characters is ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ♡]

Japorea and Anra7777 like this.
  2. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    no money to divorce has gong protag

IloveWebNovels likes this.
  3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Earth is Online. MC is the shou, but he’s definitely not feminine.

And welcome, comrade.

Japorea, IloveWebNovels and Shio like this.
  4. IndusEla

IndusEla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely Undead! It's ABO but has a manly and strong uke!

5. Stephanie1399

Stephanie1399 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stone Age Husband Raising Journal

IloveWebNovels, Lunaleska and ky_s like this.
  6. IndusEla

IndusEla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IloveWebNovels, Loni4ever and ky_s like this.
  7. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not all of these have gong/seme protagonist, because when the characters are done right who bend down to take it didn't matter.

I would suggest Narise's work like Hako no Naka or Utsukushii Koto. Those two are focused on drama and is quite heavy, so if you prefer something lighter I would suggest:
    • The Earth is Online. One of the rare novel where the main protagonist is actually the one that fight instead of running to the nearest ml to do their chore.
    • S (jpn)
    For manga I would recommend Hana wa Saku ka? And other manga from the same author. And since you like Nirameba Koi, definitely read Yondaime Ooyamato Tatsuyuki. Dear Mr Rain is great too, I just hope the sequel get completely translated.

8. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vanguard of eternal night

9. ky_s

ky_s Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  10. Lunaleska

Lunaleska Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Im surprised some of these haven’t been mentioned yet.
    The only favourite ugly husband. Mc is gong ml is a ger ‘male able to give birth’ that is ‘ugly’ because he is very tall strong and masculine looking as opposed to the typical soft/weak and feminine looking gers.

Rebirth of a fatuous and self indulgent ruler. Mc is transmigrates into an emperor from a novel, with a male empress. Male empress is elegant but not feminine at all.

If you dont mind particularly explicit and somewhat carnal comics i would recommend a korean webtoon (full colour, oh my!) called Love Shuttle. Its ABO and the main character is the omega, but hes so masculine looking he actually gets mistaken as an alfa by the ml.

Those are the first ones that pop into mind right now.
    Hope you enjoy!

IloveWebNovels and ky_s like this.
  11. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaaaahhhhhhh Nirameba Koi (≧∀≦) they're soo cuuuuuute~
    I'll look for some later, I just wanted to express my appreciation of this manga rn :blobmelt:

Shio and IloveWebNovels like this.
  12. just_areader2

just_areader2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're okay with some others that I don't think are translated on NU (if they are, let me know), there's also

你这主角,有毒 【快穿·】A Protagonist Like You is Poisonous [Quick Transmigration]-gong MC, CP is that other guy who's also got a system (slow romance)
    MC is a very unreliable but capable gamer. He's addicted to games. Has a system, he's supposed to become the protag. There was an arc where the character he transmigrated into where he was supposed to be "kept" by a CEO, but MC just made it into helping the CEO level up and increase his ranking in a game LOL. CEO tried to make MC aware that he's supposed to be "kept" and do what's expected, MC misses the point. ML is that famous director who wants to sign MC as the ML in his new movie.

秀才家的壮夫郎 The Xiucai (county scholar)'s Robust Husband- Gong MC, ancient times, Shou ML is a manly Ger who has amnesia and knows martial arts (MC is more thin type, he likes manly guys but of course manly and muscular Gers weren't as popular so shou wasn't used to MC's eagerness but it's sweet), has another subpairing with a chubby Ger who wants to have muscles and his friend, pretty slice-of-life

每个世界都被逼婚 [快穿] Being Forced to Marry in Every World [Quick Transmigration]- gong MC, has to help save a mysterious but powerful military figure in the interstellar world from being humiliated in the false worlds (shou), funny misunderstandings

对方是国家分配的 My Partner was Assigned to Me By the Country- gong MC who has some...secrets, interstellar universe, assigned partners (by compatibility). Shou is a high-ranking military general, gong is in military academy i think- he likes to grow strawberries (his fam has a farm)~ Gentle/carefree gong and cold/disciplined shou

师兄为上 Senior Brother Before Everything* working title - cultivation world, reborn gong MC and senior brother shou
    MC making it up to his senior brother because of what had happened in the past life
    Some angst (for the past life) but mostly a puppy dog gong and cold beauty, devoted shou
    MC had fallen into demon cultivation in the past life and ML was the only one who protected him even at the end.

Not gong mc, but still strong couple:

Transmigrated into the Film Emperor's Death-seeking Fiance - just started translation, MC has a mafia background before his transmigration and can stand his own ground against others (especially the gong ML), trying out acting

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  13. Jeonjkook

Jeonjkook 徐明浩我的男神

Reading List:
    Link
    If I'm not mistaken this manga name Silent Color is gong mc

14. Ichigoeater

Ichigoeater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt really sad reading this because I was really excited
    when the baby appeared
    until I found out mc is gong.
    I felt my hard work go to waste because it was the first time I read raws without mtl :blob_teary:

16. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really know a lot of stories with a gong mc... but Megumi x Tsugumi would be one (I think?). I'm usually not into omegaverse but this one is interesting~

17. Neelambori

Neelambori Silent Passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want modern life:
    Name: 技术宅攻略
    Author: 怪诞江阳
    Raw: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3352870
    Roughly translates to technology house attack
    Genius hacker seme Mc X overbearing president uke ML
    If you don't mind Harem
    Cang Region's Seven Palaces (1X7)
    Raw name:苍寰七宫
    Spoiler thread: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/cang-regions-seven-palaces.59805/
    if you like Games about fate
    Name: 高能二維碼
    Raw: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3893203
    MTL Name: High-energy Two dimensional code
    Summery: MC's little brother died mysteriously. He investigates and finds a game that he used to play about fate scanning a QR code, a game that has life or death consequences.
    If you want angsty with regret and redemption:
    Name: The Husky and his White cat Shizun
    Chinese: 二哈和他的白猫师尊
    NU: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-husky-and-his-white-cat-shizun/
    Spoiler: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/dumb-husky-and-his-white-cat-shizun.82308/

just_areader2 and IloveWebNovels like this.
  18. just_areader2

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I'll read the suggestions Neelambori had too oho.

More untranslated Gong novels:

Becoming the Slag Gong in a Slag-Abusing Story [Quick Transmigration] (成了虐渣文的渣攻[快穿])
    MC is the "slag gong" that other people are trying to abuse, but he's not really a slag gong. He counterattacks them. His CP is that guy with a system called zero or something. http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3155936 Or https://www.sto.cx/mbook-169976-1.html

If you're okay with large age gaps and "hidden" identities, basically an oldie becoming young:

Pretending to be Straight [Transmigration] (伪装直男 【穿书】 )
    MC gong, a top-only, transmigrates into a interstellar stallion novel. The author of the novel told him that he can't go back and he has to keep up with the persona that was made for the character he transmigrated into--the ML's good bro, buddy, sunshine straight male friend. ML ate a drug that caused his mental energy to increase and his body to become younger (38 to around 17-18). He's very possessive of MC lol. MC has to pretend that he's straight to keep his promise to the author.

Another strong Shou MC story:

Raider, Please Stay [Quick Transmigration] (攻略者,请留下[快穿])
    MC is sent by the God to get the outstanding QT-mission fulfillers to stay in the world (basically make them willingly choose to stop QT)
    -has various MLs, in the end parts of their souls fuse together
    -highschool, entertainment, fantasy, etc arcs
    -MC is the "original world character" and related to ML's mission, stays in character for most of the time
    -MC is like a little devil tbh (messes around with MLs)
    https://m.69shu.org/book_101222/

Also Shou, but more like a divorce and getting back together. Shou looks manly now:

I'm Still Wearing Your Coat After Our Divorce (离婚之后我还穿着你的外套)
    https://m.9itan.com/book/391/

IloveWebNovels and Neelambori like this.
  19. just_areader2

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, back again with more untranslated gong novels....
    小将军是我心尖宠[重生] (The little general is my darling [Rebirth])* working title

http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3975481
    MTL synopsis (slightly edited):
    Song Xiaojun Junyi emerged from the dust, powerful in martial arts, brave and warlike. Qi Yan: Yes, he's mine! In his last life, Qi Xuan, who was still "King" Xuan, "accidentally" slept the famous General Song Xiao. General Song Xiao didn't want compensation, didn't take it out on him, and didn't want his like. But Qi Zheng still gave him the whole heart and the whole person. However, he never thought that no matter how deep the feelings are, they couldn't escape fate. After receiving the military report of Song Huai's death, Qi Zhi suddenly realized that he was sitting on the apex, but the man in his heart was gone. Reborn again, back to the original "careless" time, hug this person tightly, and protect him when you die! In this life, I went with Qing and Hongchen together, and Huang Quan went together.

Unscrupulous Black Gangster Gong x Strong in Martial Arts, Reserved, Shy Shou