Recommendations 2 types of novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Sparteh, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    A friend of mine asked me to recommend him 2 types of novels:
    1. Wizard based Chinese novels - I came up with AI chip trio (Warlock, Wizard World and Age of Adepts), Advent of Archmage, Coiling Dragon, Great Demon King and Night Ranger. I was also thinking about The Magus Era, though I have never read it and wiki is kinda empty, so I am not sure whether to recommend it.
    2. Creatures (and) their abilities assimilation Chinese novels - well, my friend recently MTLed God Level Demon and liked that clones part, so he asked for something similar aka where MCs collect monster abilities or become monsters themselves, however something else than pure dragon or phoenix thing. I recommended HJC and other novels of this author, Pursuit of the Truth, Way of the Devil and Grasping Evil.
    My friend would also prefer if those novels also had a MTL, in case he liked it. Honestly, any suggestions what else I could recommend him?

2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    The Magus Era isn't actually about wizards or anything of the sort. It's more like shamans and witch doctors. MC himself becomes a daoist as well, so he's more like a traditional cultivator from xianxia novels.

Haven't read God Level Demon so IDK. But MC in Monster Paradise get the abilities from monsters he obtain, novel is pretty trash though imho.

3. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    City of Sin
    Translated by the same team as WMW, and of significantly higher quality. It is one of the few good novels on WW, probably their best, and I really recommend it

4. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    In that case, The Magus Era kinda reminds me of ISSTH (just replace shamans with demon sealers), just bad...
    As for Monster Paradise, that is exactly why I didn't recommend it to my friend ;)
    I have read about 50 chapters and didn't like it, so I forgot about it. I will add it to the list.
    I can understand other recommendations, but could you explain The Alchemist God and Perfect World? I have never read them, so I don't know much about it, therefore I wouldn't really want to recommend it to someone else if I am not sure.

6. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    The Alchemist God, absorbed monster so he can acquire some of the abilities of the monsters, while on the Perfect World, there are spaces inside the body of the cultivator that they can put the essences of the monster that they killed so they can use them as Projection to attack.