Im getting scared of the future...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PedoBear Version 2.0, Jan 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. PedoBear Version 2.0

PedoBear Version 2.0 「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course its not like i would purposely display my boner, but damn... I don't really want to talke about penises and erection, its not my intention in the first place:facepalm:

2. GotDied

GotDied Just a friendly rotten hermit~

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I do get sexually harassed by scums and jerks. But I think it's normal for someone virgin to not have those knowledge :hmm: It's not like I'm a futanari, tho :blob_grin:

imK likes this.
  3. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    Nyahahaha i don't think if I should be proud that im better than some 22 year old virgin out there:blobjoy:

4. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    where did that come from :blobjoy:

5. GotDied

GotDied Just a friendly rotten hermit~

Reading List:
    Link
    And it's not you can explain and show your medical certificate, right?

But jerks that take advantage of the weak, someone should really punish them. Put them into jail to lessen the trashes.

Tilgarial and imK like this.
  6. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    Defensive because guilty? :blobjoy:

Tilgarial and Loni4ever like this.
  7. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Think my observations over the years kind of paint things a little differently. Both sides have objectified the other over the years, no one is guilt free. It's only become an issue because our world as a whole has been more on the patriarchal side. Many of those leaders abused their power to suppress women's rights and opinions.

While much has changed in the last 60 or so years, there are now elements who wish to strike back and make those same individuals(or their descendants) suffer for their abuses. Tbh I dont see an issue with that. The problem lies in the fact they wish to make every male suffer the same as women of the past have. It's just one big endless cycle of hate that will never end *shrug*

On a side note, I find any group that says women dont objectify men hypocrites. Just because it's easier to hide the fact they're moist down below and have erect nipples under their padded bras doesnt mean they dont get turned on by a male they find attractive. It's just so much easier to pick out the dude with a pickle in his pants then chick with two cranberries on her chest.

Lonelycity, Japorea, runsing and 4 others like this.
  8. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    See I was going to write something and then I read your post and I was like "Nope, that's perfect for me. Nevermind".

Lonelycity, Miserys_End and Loni4ever like this.
  9. Loni4ever

Reading List:
    Link
    when someone says everything you wanna say: +:blobalert:

:blobjoy::blobjoy:

imK likes this.
  10. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason this thread keeps popping back up in my mind. Every time, I start to remember the oceans of teens and young gals going apeshit over boybands and rockstars or all the female friends I had in the past that were quite literally drooling over Brad Pitt, George Clooney and other movie stars. And before you retort that's just because they're musicians and movie stars, I've seen the same thing at local sports events, school and many of the restaurants I've worked I . So it's not an isolated issue that just men have.

imK, mir and Loni4ever like this.
  11. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait .. is NO ONE going to point out the elephant in the room?
    That the OP of this thread on excessive gender equality is a guy named PedoBear v2.0「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」:LOL:

On a more serious note, this was covered by Chappelle almost 2 decades ago and was meant to be satire. But unfortunately it got hijacked by the slut-shaming/victim blaming movement as mantra :facepalm:

My understanding is that the (mental) sexualization and objectification is pretty much a given, whether you like it or not. Unless you're Mormon and trained to imagine women as only floating heads, which is a real thing.
    As per earlier comments, am not so sure that women get angry if you sexualize them (mentally). You can daydream whatever you want. Only if you cross the line where it becomes harassment (excessive ogling/leering, cat-calling, etc), coercion and/or sexual violence. And unfortunately quite a few men don't know where that line is.
    You know the drill. For gender-equality purposes I'll include this.
    [​IMG]

It was interesting to hear this on NPR the other day. Kinda tells you where kids are still at.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health...that-young-men-feel-cut-off-from-their-hearts
    On how boys described an "ideal" man to her:
    They saw girls as equals and deserving of their place on the playing field and in class and in leadership, and they had female friends. So that had really changed. But I would ask them all the time to just give me a kind of lightning round of the ideal guy. And when we would do that, it was like they were channeling 1955. It was still all about stoicism, sexual conquest, dominance, aggression — or this weird combination of being both aggressive and chill — athleticism, wealth. It was really narrow. And they would talk a lot, particularly about ... suppressing feelings. And a lot of guys would say to me that they had figured out ... how to build a wall inside to block off any feelings except, maybe, happiness and anger. They would talk about training themselves not to feel or training themselves not to cry.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    imK, mir and Loni4ever like this.
  12. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I like a lot of what you said!

I think for me, it goes back to what @lnv said. Most people aren't bothered by sexualization that occurs in private.

The sentiment that many woman are bothered by is when it is said directly to their faces. Unfortunately, this happens much more than what is really ideal. I think it's a reflection of residual elements of 20th century culture, but decades ago it was "appropriate" in the workplace for coworkers to comment on the attractiveness of a woman's legs. Many people have experienced the entire spectrum in between, whether it is joking about the size of a woman's breasts to direct sexual remarks of about their bodies. I'm not sure if the guy's objective is to "flirt" or "compliment" or impress or something else, but quite often it elicits feelings of strong discomfort.

I think some guys really dive into hot water when they start thinking that girls must want "attention" if they're dressed a certain way.

One of the problems with thinking this way is that everyone's baseline is different. Everyone has different ideas about what's too skimpy and what isn't, and the result is that guys misinterpret signals about what it means when girls wear certain kinds of clothes. A woman wearing a bikini at a beach doesn't mean that she wants to attract your attention — maybe she's wearing a bikini just because it's normal for her.

Facetiously, I could argue that I could travel to Saudi Arabia in shorts — and everyone would think I am scandalous for baring my shoulders.

If I'm showing my ankles, does it mean that I'm broadcasting to the world that I want sex???

I would submit a proposition to everyone that perhaps there little correlation between a person's amount of clothing worn and their desire for sexual attention.

A guy going shirtless while jogging on the street, sporting a speedo at the beech, or wearing his pants extra low to the point that his underwear is clearly showing does not imply he wants to have sex. It would, after all, be quite crude to say directly to a guy wearing a bathing suit that he has a "nice dick" — although for some reason the same standard has not historically been held for women.

Aquaa, imK, Tilgarial and 4 others like this.
  13. Loni4ever

Reading List:
    Link
    Dang, this comment started out funny, but towards the end it got really sad. Poor men training themselves not to feel *sad wolf noises*

imK, Tilgarial and kkgoh like this.
  14. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's an era of FEELINGS Over FACTS, Over-sensitivity, Overreaction & Anti-Masculinity. :blobcry:

15. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I see @Anra7777 's statement a lot from female friends ... that women get cat-called/harassed/assaulted even when they are conservatively dressed. And I also agree with @lychee 's statement that you aren't advertising for sex based on your dress code.

However I'd be careful not to draw a conclusion that "I should be allowed to wear whatever I want, whenever I want."

To paraphrase Chappelle, "Ladies you need to understand that (when you're dressed a certain way) it's confusing (for men)".

Is that fair to women? No.
    But it's also the reality of the world that at least some men would have that mindset, no matter how much social programming and awareness campaigns are made. Men generally have more straight-forward libido (think there were several studies done on this), whether it's due to nature or nurture. And women dressing provocatively (I'll leave it to you on where you draw that line) in certain situations can invite unwanted trouble.

If I walk around Englewood, Chicago at 2AM, I'm going to get mugged. If a woman dresses provocatively at a club/bar, it will mean being aggressively hit on. This is going to happen even if we all cry foul about it.

It's somewhat similar to the incidents of unaccompanied female foreign travelers going to India and being the victim of gang-rape. Or Korean missionaries running out to Afghanistan and getting kidnapped :facepalm:
    So maybe for your own safety, dress/travel wisely?
    Note that this is NOT to be taken as slut-shaming/victim-blaming. Because it's not a women-only thing, men need to do the lion's share of the mindset change.

Japorea, Nisaea, runsing and 2 others like this.
  16. Loni4ever

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:
    It's pretty shitty but it is what it is

imK, Tilgarial and kkgoh like this.
  17. Osamaru

Osamaru 『Shem's Best Pal ✧ Lexi's Ani ✧ Hamster's Keeper』

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure he's just trolling at this point.

Loni4ever likes this.
  18. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Mhm, I would agree that there's nothing surprising about the fact that any choice comes with associated risks.

However, the thing that always rubs me the wrong way when the woman's attire is used to justify the actions that are taken against them -- or the "victim-blaming" so to speak.

For instance -- the argument that the sexual harasser should be excused on the grounds that the woman was provocatively dressed. This kind of argument inevitably makes its way into both disciplinary hearings and legal battles of every level, and I'm really tired of hearing it.

A mugging (or rape or murder) that occurs in Englewood, Chicago at 2 AM doesn't change the fact that the mugging is still a mugging. The perpetrator isn't suddenly "less guilty" because of the fact that the mugging occurred in a dangerous area, yet somehow this argument gets used all the time in formal legal/disciplinary situations.

I'm also fairly tired of "men have a more straight-forward libido" argument -- which leads into "the man couldn't resist doing it" (not in control) so therefore he isn't guilty and "actually it's the woman's fault" for baiting it. However, I genuinely think that's a load of crap because clearly we don't get skyrocketing levels of sexual assault in swimming pools or beaches, despite those areas are some of the places where women are most skimpily dressed compared to anywhere else. I believe that the premise that men are somehow less able to control themselves is 100% myth propagated by popular culture.

Of course, I would never advocate for my friends, my children, or really anyone to put themselves in situations of risk.

However, the piece of this that is consistently frustrating to me is that ramifications these kinds of arguments have on the justice system. Lawyers use these kinds of arguments when defending clients who are rapists and sexual assaulters, and the jury is consistently swayed by these types of appeals.

You don't even need to have a whole lot of evidence. All you have to do is claim that the victim was wearing a mini-skirt and *whoosh* the jury (or community of peers) is nearly decided, irregardless of what kind of case you have.

For instance, homeless person rapes a prostitute. Do you have a case?

19. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We're on the same page against victim blaming. If you re-read carefully, I think you'll be aware I wasn't trying to excuse male behavior, nor was I making an argument that men can't control themselves. Agreed it's a dumb argument for victim-blamers to go with.
    Everybody remembers this as*hole.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation...er-sexual-assault-is-no-longer-just-emily-doe
    This may open a can of worms, but maybe it's helpful to frame this a little.
    Was she a victim? Yes.
    Was she unfairly blamed and biased against in court? Yes.
    Could she have avoided being a victim by not drinking until she blacked out? Yes.
    Is pointing that out considered victim blaming? No. It's just pointing out a safety issue.
    Since she got drunk, is it her own fault that she was a victim? No, of course not.

The fact is that men like Brock are currently primed for sexually aggressive behavior, whether you like it or not. Even the interview of teenage boys still show that. I'm not saying it's the right way of the world. Like @Loni4ever pointed out, it just is.
    As you said, "I would never advocate for my friends, my children, or really anyone to put themselves in situations of risk".
    So please don't set yourself up to be in that position ... until we get to a day when public safety is assured, and/or men are completely educated on sexually appropriate behavior. I know younger folk tend to think themselves invincible until shit happens :(

Again, I'm not dictating how you or anyone should dress or behave. Just pointing out some common sense points to protect yourself.

Japorea, imK, Tilgarial and 2 others like this.
  20. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, this kind of shit doesn't really happen that much here in Asia. I don't know much 'bout the Western Countries but dang whats up with them pips in there?