Im getting scared of the future...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PedoBear Version 2.0, Jan 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    People can be wrong about their evaluations of risk, and apparently your lady was surprised by whatever happened...

Hypothetically speaking, if I were walking around the beach in a bikini and someone groped my butt... yes, I would definitely be surprised! :blob_coughblood:

Such an incident would fall outside of my reasonable expectations, and hence the surprise. I might even be angry. For instance, I might get into the car tomorrow morning and understand in advance that there is a 1% chance that someone might crash into my car -- yet that doesn't stop me from being angry when an idiot rear-ends my car in the parking lot. Being aware of a risk doesn't mean that people won't have an emotional reaction to it if that bad thing occurs.

2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    You are still not getting what I am saying.
    Saying women should dress more conservatively is shirking responsibility.
    The focus should be on you and your self control
    I am not saying you went to prison.
    Saying women should dress like less provocatively to me is a lazy excuse.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  3. PedoBear Version 2.0

PedoBear Version 2.0 「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」

Reading List:
    Link
    Please stop using that dumb example, at the very least wearing a bikini has some sort of function but wearing a short as short as your panties as a casual clothing? In the middel of a cold night? On the street ?

4. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes yes,thats the correct way of thinking... Atleast when your thinking...I wouldn't really argue if i live in the same place where everyone thinks the same likes you.. But sadly thats now how it works here, i also think its more lazy to change the whole world rather than changing yourself :)

Wujigege likes this.
  5. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    I kind of fail to see the difference of why one is worse than another.

It was actually only a few week ago in December (we have snow here) when I had a friend visiting my place, and we made a midnight run to the grocery store. She didn't bother to change, and she wasn't afraid of the cold, so she didn't bother to change out of the very short shorts that she also frequently uses as pajamas. So yes -- in effect we were basically doing exactly what you took issue with above??

So no, I don't really think the example is dumb.

I don't think the function of the clothing has anything to do with how it is sexualized. Or at least, it makes zero sense to me. How do you not sexualize a bikini yet sexualize gym shorts worn in the winter?

6. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    Because we understand that wearing a bikini suit its surroundings when you're at the beach or pool, but wearing a shorts that doesn't have any difference to the length of a panty on a cold night in the middle of the road doesn't really make sense? Because she didn't want to bother changing might work as an excuse but dressing like that for the sole reason of fashion?

7. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    In a world ruled by men, blaming women for the problems is more accepted.
    Please don't quote me in the future

Cheers!

Anra7777 likes this.
  8. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    Ruled by men you say? Nyahaha in our current society, men are treated as disposable trash that should do all the work while women are treasures and free to do whatever the hell they want because they are "female".

Thats at the same level of what you said;)

9. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    It's still a little bit lost on me.

I mean, I obviously can't say what your lady was thinking, but nobody does things for no reason -- particularly if the situation is like yours when the weather was cold. Reasons can be anything -- ranging for coming from somewhere else, laziness, or who knows what.

All I can say in my personal experience is while this certainly does happen, it's not usually because my friends (or I) are necessarily looking for attention. My friend literally just didn't want to change out of her pajamas when we went on our grocery run, and she wasn't afraid of the cold. That's pure laziness.

When I was in high school, I used to be on the swim team and we very frequently didn't change out of our swim suits after finishing practice. We'd put on clothes over our swimsuits (we'd rather shower at home than at the icky showers at school), which basically meant that we would walk around in public with somewhat wet clothes. That's also kind of laziness.

The same thing with not bothering to change from workout clothes before starting your errands for the day.

And uh... the number of times some of us may have gone out without a bra -- again because of laziness. :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

Not everything that girls wear is explicitly meant to attract the attention of random strangers. In fact... it's usually not...

10. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    And i never stated that every woman does, thats why im always using the word "some" and can i ask you something? Could you call something that greatly emphasize their butts and cleavage not meant to attract attention? Thats what im saying in the first part, that there is a limit that a society place unto us. Even if you think its not supposed to attract attention, if people from your community thinks otherwise, Then..And also people who coincidentally wears that type of clothes for various reason isn't really the women that im talking about, its those some women who wears for absolutely no reason beside fashion...

11. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you guys are getting sidetraked.....i talk how girl are starting to wear provocative clothes as if it's common and the ammount are rising every year and labelling it trend......yeah don't care what they wear usualy, but when they wear "underwear" and labelling them "casual clothes", and say everyone does that...:facepalm:

PedoBear Version 2.0 likes this.
  12. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats what confuses me, they twist the society to accept such a weird thing... You would argue that weird is subjective? Damn,as someone who live in a time where you normaly wear your underwear under your clothes , seeing someone walking on the street with clothes that bare clasify as outerware and borline the same as underwear as if it was the most normal thing in the world is definitely weird for me....

Wearing clothes is also a social norm, and being deprived of clothing in front of others may be embarrassing. Not wearing clothes in public so that genitals, breasts or buttocks are visible could be considered indecent exposure. Technically , they aren't really naked but being half-naked is still a problem though...

13. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm trying to comprehend the scenario that you've portrayed with your lady, because something about your story just baffles me, if you know what I mean? It sounded like you presented the story as if she was dressed slut-itly and looking for attention, but her reaction clearly indicated that she wasn't looking for attention, which consequently means that something was misinterpretted?

I'm really curious about your perspective on "greatly emphasize" exactly means.

In my community (and my story), my friend was wearing gym shorts about this length when we went to the grocery store at about 10 PM in December when there was snow on the ground and genuinely really cold. I don't think much of my community would consider it to be scandalous, other than the fact that I think maybe some people would wonder if she really isn't cold in weather below freezing.

As for why some of us wear this kind of clothes -- it was at the top of the drawer or it's what we wear frequently inside of the house, or maybe we just like it? I don't really find wearing a spaghetti strap cami or similar really that strange, and it's not worn to attract attention. Some of them are relatively comfortable.

The other question I have is where in the world do women get those outfits in your area, if it's not socially acceptable? In my kind of view, if you walk through a mall and see certain outfits on display, then almost by definition your society already considers that kind of attire acceptable.

:blobsweat_2: Yeah, I would say that it is subjective. Society is always evolving, although I don't find it necessarily "scary/twisted" to the same degree that you do? It happens with every generation. Your grandparent's probably felt the same way when women's fashion was evolving during their time too.

I think it purely becomes a matter of opinion. I think the US is a little bit ahead of @Liyus's country on the timeline, and I don't really think it is a bad thing since we live like this -- and generally speaking most people are comfortable with it.

14. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    For my country, thats a talk from the future, not now... I wouldn't be surprise if i saw someone kissing in public and people simply shrugs it off, but unfortunately thats not how my place works so yeah, they would become the center of attention if someone did that here. In my place, it wasn't considered as normal yet. If we aren't sexualy liberated as much as your country and considered kissing in public as indecent, how do you think would people react if woman dress the same way as in your country?

15. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    this is the problem...do you mean "society is always evolving" it's mean "people need to wear less clothes as society progress?"
    if they wear exposed clothes because of the high temperature i can understand.....but if they wear them because is a trend, then the issue is with those women who are happy to follow such crappy trend.....

PedoBear Version 2.0 likes this.
  16. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    Nc assist there brotha... :blobokhand:

Liyus likes this.
  17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    It is quite funny you answered your own dilemma without realizing it. You said bikini on a beach is okay because that is what is socially accepted. Then go on to criticize someone for wearing something loose outside the beach due to fashion.

Back in the day, swimwear was fully covered down to the knees. As fashion evolved, people started wearing effectively underwear to swim in. That is modern fashion.

So how is someone wearing such clothes normally for fashion any different? It's the same exact thing. The only difference is where you set your personal standards and jump to conclusion. Look, if someone wanted to attract you, they'd be giving body cues more than just wearing less clothes.

Let me ask you this question, what is worth more to you. Freedom or stability. If someone offered to put you in a cage and keep you as their pet. You gotta do anything they tell you and tolerate abuse to anything and live your life in said cage. Would you take it?

The ones who made females into trophies were men. Just like how wolves were turned into those tiny poodles.

18. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    So you're saying its normal to wear bikini in your everyday life in the middle of a city? Its normal to wear a bikini as casual clothes? If you're near the ocean or pool, its reasonable but if you wear that shit everyday just because its for fashion? Thats crazy dude...
    You already said it yourself, swimsuit progressively evolve to be more effective. Sure there is no problem about that, but can you say the same to shorts that looks like an underwear in the middle of the cold night in a street? Its not getting shorter because its more effective, its getting shorter because for the sole reason of fashion. Its impractical to wear too much when you know your getting wet so it evolve to be less. But my point is outerwear that is borderline underwear is impractical when wore in the middle of a cold night but people still wear that shit and thats what made them weird for me..

And let me clear one thing, its not me who made woman to be trophies, it my ancestors...So why should i sit still and accept that men are being treated as trash as the norm? Its men on the current generation who suffers not their ancestors.

19. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Instead of being afraid of pointless things that humans like to indulge themselves with, you should be afraid of what's out there in space. :hmm:

20. PedoBear Version 2.0

Reading List:
    Link
    But, its scarier to not know whats out there in space,