Discussion You Need to Make A Fantasy or XianXia Novel With Religion in it

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by z.no, Jan 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. z.no

z.no Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, I always see Chinese or Japanese religions/myths portrayed in novels, and I really want to see what people can come up with if we try to do new things. So here’s my rules:

1) Which religion(s)/myth(s) you would use?

2) How would you integrate it into the novel?

3) Please give some details about the cultivation or the magic of this world

4) How would you make the monsters?

5) What genre would it be?

6) What would the name be?

2. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    1- greek or celtic mitology (Polytheism)
    2- if is fantasy then they are god, if is xianxia they are cultivator.
    3- is the fact that there isn't any detail for magic and cultivation
    4- like in an horror movie
    5- trash among trash
    6- mixier

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I will probably mix several kinds and come up with a new thing :hmm:

I don't know, depends on the plot, maybe religion won't be the main focus and maybe not :blobunsure:

People can assimilate with certain powers in nature or make contracts with some magical creatures to gain power :blobunsure:
    Hybrids of earth creatures and aliens, they got no minds and can only destroy :hmm:

Action, adventure probably :blobunsure:
    :hmm:

4. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice try plagiarists! Is this your dummy account?

loki.jpeg

5. flannan

flannan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not a fan of religions, but if I have to...

Using a real religion is troublesome. I'll invent a new one, based on the classical loli-teenager-onee-san trio. (it's like maiden-mother-crone trio, but 200% more anime)

The main character would be a Chosen One of the gods. Maybe even an Ordinary Boy From Our World. The goddesses would be comedic characters with whom MC would be able to discuss his plans, so that he would not be so lonely and full of secrets. They might also be the harem.

There are three schools of magic, one for each goddess.
    A scientific school for the loli, based on complex magic circles and calculations. With some brains and learning, it enables you to build a palace and carry it around in a crystal ball.
    A destructive school for the tsundere teenager. Say the magic words, and wield fire, ice or any other destructive element like an extension of your body. You'll need a day of bed rest for every minute of use to recover from the feedback, though.
    A more classic "cleric" school for the onee-san. A good person can call upon onee-san to heal, feed and protect.

Monsters are a creation of the tsundere, unleashed on humans for being bad. They naturally follow her wrath and gather to the lands of corrupt nobles, brothels and other things that anger the tsundere.
    Naturally, monsters wield tsundere's magic. They suffer the feedback too, but they do not care for their health, because they are embodiments of immature divine wrath. Adventurers always have to fend them off.
    Onee-san can send monsters too, and that would be end-of-the-world-level threat. To stave this off, the loli summoned the MC.

My favorite genre - progressorship. The MC will punish the bad guys and teach the good guys how to solve their problems with science.

"My girlfriend is an isekai goddess".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.