Why I don't like most of Cultivation novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by NoNamejustGhost, Jan 7, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoNamejustGhost

NoNamejustGhost You don't know me

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read many Cultivation novels when I say many I mean novels of qidian, webnovel and all top 400 from novel updates, machine translations. And more websites like Wuxiaworld, creativenovels.com, vulnerable and more I don't remember all name but as long it has novel I have read at least 1 chapter or description.
    Why I don't like here are my reasons(it's my opinion)
    Same plot :- many novel has same plot like Mc died from earth and got reincarnation to different world and kill first person and feel nothing.
    martial saints or expert died and reborn as crippled or even trash and let's add little plot son of clan master.
    Now what's problem with son of clan master? Let me give you one example as novel chapter
    MC was waking and aggornt person was messing with poor girl he slap aggornt person and even kill him because he knows he was son of some clan head and was trash who goes to b everyday and bullied weak but whole clan come to seek justice and to kill Mc.
    When Mc is trash as son of head everybody expects his maid disdain him and bullied him(and do not forget clan elder who wants clan head site) but when it is side character who is also trash whole clan come for killing mc and even side character trash has some expert protecting him.
    This is plot of 99% of novels except New ones on qidian (Chinese one not English) and some other novels on different sites .
    That is onething I can forgive and turn blind to that right?
    But here is other one.
    Cultivate--> kill - - - - >romance - - - - > and back to one(Cultivate) some time treasure hunt.
    Here is how every story start
    Idoit martial continent where strong are respect and week are bullied.
    Another mistake
    Farmer cultivate food and crop and give them to sects or clan who rule over them as taxes and when bandit come and kill the villager nobody say word to clans or sects they just curse bandit.
    Will we know villager are week and can do nothing to sects but mc will get stronger but still do nothing to sects or clans or even he is strong he will just kill bandit and don't even say a words to clans or sect who village was under.
    Even strong rule and week opey as same as our earth as very government rule we obey but still see where we are.

It's not yet edit so there will be mistakes and before you say write your own stroy and you will know how hard it is to write
    I have written 10 or so novels and will not tell you names because some people will even try to point out some mistake even there is none and they are in urdu language not English .

2. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Less of the plot idea/concept, more of the execution. It's like how you can have a unique and special concept but is executed very poorly (i'm looking at you, japanese novels).
    Same logic; A novel can have a very generic concept but is very well executed.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Svalinn, Blitz, Fire Tiger and 5 others like this.
  3. Wayang Emperor The First

Wayang Emperor The First 《The First Loli》《Cute Little Kid♡》

Reading List:
    Link
    This i like

4. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly sometimes it feels like reading the same story, but with different names only. :blobsad:

I got so sick & tired with those kind of novels that I can't even bring myself to love the well written stories anymore :blobdead:

5. NoNamejustGhost

Reading List:
    Link
    Very true.

6. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot and some things can be similar, but development and consistency is the most important things

Many novel are fuckin good for 300 chapters but the Author suddenly run out of gas and proceed to use the same fuckin development from chapter 1 till 300 and then add another woman for the harem

7. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    That's because the Author was so good at creating a conflict but having zero idea about how to solve them. Like The Novel Extra, the author keep increasing the number of misunderstanding situation but he didn't fix it until the end.

8. griix

griix Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go read cultivation chat group

NoNamejustGhost likes this.
  9. NoNamejustGhost

Reading List:
    Link
    Read

10. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you insist on reading the same genre over and over again then you're the problem. The lack of new content is prevalent in all genres and form of media, if you still can't filter out the good ones despite from all that reading then nobody can help you.

11. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he/she was trying to say was that no genre should be that stupidly repetitive in their developments. After all there is plenty of room for something different. Maybe add in some psychological elements if the story is going to be about constant murder, hell it is failing to not have the psychological genre considering that it is all about murder, rape, sex, and plundering. Maybe the horror genre with how dark these things are.

NoNamejustGhost likes this.
  12. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything will seem repetitive if you're constantly on it. Every binge reader, watcher or anything already knew these things. For a genre filled with formulaic plots, we either mix things up by reading a few titles at the same time. It's like eating, you drink something bitter while eating something overly sweet.

I know we all want to read novels with witty dialogues, a touch of romance and drama, a thrilling action all packed in one great novel. Unfortunately, we probably already read that one, if that actually exists. So we have to improvise to make reading more palatable to our taste. I usually workout before reading to imrpove my mood, so I wouldn't find it irksome to read.

We could also go outside to have a life and get laid or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.