Recommendations Novels that consumes your life

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Quiett, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Quiett

Quiett Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi all, I've come to really enjoy this site an was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for amazing novels that you couldn't put down. I love cultivation novels; however, I hate the harem aspect of so many of them. I love Er Gen and IET's novels. ISSTH and AWE made me laugh so much, I love his comedy style, no other author other than CCG's author has made me laugh so much. Coiling Dragon was my entrance into the cultivation genre and will likely remain my fav for that reason. I loved Linley's relationship with his animal companions. Really enjoy when the MC goes off and trains in the "spirit forest" for years and comes out and is a beast. Also Swallowed Star's mc and his new body was so badass. Also loved the hell outta the training arc when he goes to the chaos zone (think that's what it was called).

A Novel's extra was awesome also, I loved the game or tower arc; also a huge fan of Tower of God.
    ATG was a junkfood read, which was clearly lacking after reading ISSTH, Renegade Immortal and the likes. However, I did enjoy the world hopping aspect and that the harem was a 1 girl at a time/location type thing.
    Now for romance, I have yet to find anything that beats Megan Whalen Turner's "The Thief". Anyone have a rec that has a male pov and unique relationship like Gen's and his queen?

Novels I've read: WofMW, Tang Sect, TMW-MW, PW, BTTH, KoG, IGE, TGR, ED, Mortal's Journey, and many more.

TL:DR High Quality novels like Renegade Immortal that have male pov no harem(is okay if it's like ATG where the girls get forgotten) or ecchi. No yuri or yaoi. Must have some kind of romantic subplot. Looking for top tier novels like Er Gen or IET.

pass1478 likes this.
  2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would argue IET is not top tier...but ok.

I like Second Coming of Gluttony. It has a harem (at least as of now, multiple girls are into him) however they are actually useful and not just damsels in distress. It's pretty addicting. There's humor there and also character development.

Quiett and Silv3r2117 like this.
  3. Juno

Juno Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TokioftheBel and Silv3r2117 like this.
  4. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dungeon Defense - it consumes my life because of how long I have to wait for volume 6
    The Godsfall Chronicles - a novel about a wasteland scavenger slowly getting powerful in order to fulfill his wish of living a peaceful life
    Release that Witch - an engineer dies of overwork and possesses the soul of a prince exiled in the boonies. Saves witches that are hunted down and killed while slowly increasing the technological level of this small backwater town. Author actually researches shit. Also it isn't a harem because the author's wife is also a fan and doesn't want it lol
    Invisible Dragon - literally took a few years of my lifespan because of how amazing this masterpiece of a novel is

Fate81, Quiett, kenar and 1 other person like this.
  5. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything lower than 5(k chapters could not be considered consuming your life.

6. Nara

Nara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see what you did there :blobpeek:

You haven't mention Desolate Era, have you read it yet?
    And you should try World of Cultivation.

Quiett likes this.
  7. Bored_Nick

Bored_Nick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Tofu Cat, Quiett and Oitchau10 like this.
  9. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Quiett

Quiett Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading Tales of Herding Gods, really good!!! Ran outta free chapters on webnovel though. :(
    Started reading "Mother of Learning" loving it so far!! Thanks!

I'll try out everything else you all recommended! Thanks for the help. Also I have read Desolate Era and loved it! Second coming of Glut will likely be next up to try out!

pass1478 likes this.
  11. Deleted member 89812

Deleted member 89812 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't believe nobody has recommended this yet. Well here it is, Reverend Insanity. One of the best novels on this site period.

TianKrea likes this.
  12. flag9801

flag9801 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know about xianxia pr wuxia too much but i recomend
    Tsukimichi
    And
    Death Mage
    Just for it world building

13. yosr

yosr Well-Known Member