Discussion does girls like shy guys?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by robert32, Jan 13, 2020.

1. robert32

robert32 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    am a very shy type guy even I can't sit in front of a girl, I am 22 years old and still am single. I have tried many times to build some confidence in me but am failed. now am very fade up from my behavior I want a girlfriend in my life. Now I have a plan for me. I think I should try online dating. what you think guys, is it possible for me to find a GF through online dating.?

Sawanara murasaki, Aquaa, imK and 3 others like this.
  2. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's shy, she's shy, nobody makes a move. Game over.

Why not? Go ahead and try. At least on online dating, both parties know they want it. Though it would depend on what "it" they are looking for.

felidormit, Aquaa, mangoberry and 9 others like this.
  3. LNreader

LNreader Courting Death

Reading List:
    Link
  4. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Only if they are physically attractive. Women would seek an attractive guy with a shy personality because they would seem mysterious to them.

felidormit, Aquaa, imK and 5 others like this.
  5. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    isn't his question about online dating though? They won't necessarily know his appearance :hmm:

Arash1 and Nyann like this.
  6. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    you still have to post an image. studies have shown that an image of yourself is necessary to get a match. Doesn't matter if you are a male or female. You decrease the likelihood if no one knows what you look like.

Aquaa, imK, Arash1 and 3 others like this.
  7. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, I like confident guy more than shy guy !! :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:
    But Shy guy has their own uniqueness !!!blobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbsblobmelt_thumbs
    I think it's possible for you to find a girlfriend at Online dating ~!!! :blobsmilehappy::blobsmilehappy::blobsmilehappy:
    Good Luck !! :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

8. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    anything can pass as long you are good looking

even if you're a serial killer.

Edit: But know this.
    Girls always go for six exotic cars over six packs
    go get rich and you win the game of life

9. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    Online dating does work. I've seen people got married from online dating, and they last till today. Gambatte!!:blobfistbumpR: Shy guys does have its charm but you'll need to speak up more though if you want to keep the relationship going for long.blobmelt_thumbs

felidormit, Aquaa, imK and 4 others like this.
  10. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    *Do girls like shy guys?

I don't know about shyness, but i know this:

Bitches love proper grammar

11. De Lan

De Lan Smartass from blue planet

Reading List:
    Link
    As a shy girl myself, i think i more into the initiative type, the one that takes initiative to do things
    But a shy guys usually have mystery aura
    Good luck
    :blobhug::blobhug:

12. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    my friend said this to me after i showed this thread:
    1. Most girls wouldn't really go for the shy type now a days and online dating isnt the solution either to your problem.

2. And what the person said up there about girls would be interested in shy guys if they were physically attractive is partially true. Do not take this to insult. Because usually when you meet the person for the first time ofc you know nothing about them. So the 1st thing you look at is how they look and how they project themselves as well as the kind of vibe they project.(edited)

3. A solution to your problem is mostly to perhaps work on expanding your comfort zone. When i mean by comfort zone is: a) getting used to talking to people. small talk is always difficult at first, but eventually talking about simple things such as genuinely complimenting someone on their physical appearance, gets the conversation going. b) it would be best if youre interested to perhaps go on a date in a crowded area where there are a lot of things to distract the both of you. For example: going to a mall would help. Why? You 2 could go on a drink or a meal and you could eventually start talking about your likes dislikes and gradually get to know one another.

13. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    It's all about equivalent exchange. If you have something she wants, you are game. Even if you are shy. Eg: if you have a good job and are well settled, a girl looking for stable future will definitely find you attractive, shyness be damned. If you are a well built handsome guy, and the girl is shallow and only looks at appearances, again you have a good chance. If you have neither money nor good looks and can't even chat the girl up, welcome to the bachelor's club.

If you are looking for a solution, i suggest either wearing masks or first get started on a chat app. Then move on to talking over phone before finally meeting. A common friend who can connect you both the first time would be a great help.

PS: be careful, desperate people make for great phishing targets. Don't end up losing money and organs, or in debt.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    imK, Silv3r2117, Milanin and 8 others like this.
  14. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    But that would earn him a gold digger instead of someone who love him...

15. daildaros

daildaros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your question are too broad, it's just like you asking do people like salad. It's not 1 + 1 = 2 question, so there's no definite answer.

16. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    some people don't really care about love and just wanna be with someone.. so it depends on his wishes

felidormit, lychee and imK like this.
  17. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Its start with looks and end with looks. Confidence, capabilities are somewhere in between.

imK likes this.
  18. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Shy guy is contained in scp foundation, so no worries

Liola and Loni4ever like this.
  19. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    good luck but as said before, it's best to expand your comfort zone and the best advice i can offer there is try to enter chat groups. people online are more open, and try to participate in events where you can get live reactions like voice calls. i don't have any experience with dating apps but i wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.
    in my personal opinion want to find something that is willing to talk extraneous amount of time talking, not technically the same topic. confidence and taking initiative work hand in hand and actively participating shows interest.
    no one would like a one sided relationship but if you can work on simple conversation skills and invest your time, like taking note if they like dogs because they always wanted one. then dogs becomes one topic you can talk about. being attentive doesn't mean getting the other party things, it just means your sincerity in learning about the other party.
    one more thing, always respect other peoples opinions. it's common courtesy. if they're not interested... well, yeah. but persistence helps when its not a bad situation.

what do you want in a relationship? what do you expect from your partner? most likely other people might view you in the same way

20. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I know people are different, but didn't you build some character in school? I was shy, got bullied for 3 years and changed my character. Although now I don't want anything to do with people, lmao. But do shy people even survive in school? And from what I've learned after existing on this planet for a while, most people are actually introverted and full of anxiety. Like a lot more than you'd suspect. They just fake it and put effort into socializing and networking cause you can't just spend your whole life at home, as cozy as it would be. You gotta work and form connections and relationships too. And since you're also sexually motivated, you ought to put yourself out in the real world. Sure, you'd get things handed to you if you're attractive, but I see average and below average guys get girlfriends (in my friend circle) simply because they communicate like ordinary people. One guy in particular - shy and introverted, never taking initiative, simply went out with friends to do social things outside, you know, like pool or bowling; spoke with women as an equal, not just when he found them attractive and had a motive. My friend eventually asked him out and they're still together now for 12 years. I'm not gonna rate his looks, cause that's rude, but he's certainly not what guys imagine they should look like to attract women. He's not some rich boy, either. We all live in reality over here.

Make acquaintances and go out. Also, make friends with women. Don't just think of them as potential fuck objects (just a general advice, I don't know you and how you actually behave). Some of those female friends may help introduce you to your future girlfriend. That's what some guys don't seem to realize. I've had young men stop all communication with me once I hinted that I'm not interested in them that way. And we were not some strangers, we were in the same social circle, lol. They were all charm beforehand. I'm saying it like it's easy cause you're still 22. It's especially easy if you're in university, but maybe start from your job otherwise? Most people don't know what they're doing and lack confidence just as much and are afraid of being awkward and would rather go home to safety. Be the interesting one and suggest activities. It'll only get harder to get people to go out as they get older and start families.

As for how to communicate, I suggest being open and sincere. People can't read minds. Some will take it as confidence. Those who find things in common will gravitate toward you. Not everyone will like you and that's just part of life.

Now that the preachy part is over, there are actually people who found partners online. My sister found her man in a game. He's the type of guy who almost never goes out to socialize, lol. Drawback: they had a long distance relationship for 2-3 years before she moved to his country. Another female friend of mine - same, in a game, he moved to her country. I hear about couples formed on Tinder, but I don't know them in real life. Personally, I think it's a cesspool and you gotta be extremely determined to sift through shit to find someone decent who's not a catfish, or in men's case - find someone decent who's not a bot or catfish. And I find it rather unromantic that the person I'm messaging and treating as a potential partner is also messaging 30 other women in hopes of getting laid by chance, lol. I'm not made for this life. You're more likely to train your confidence that way and get laid more often, though. But always use protection if you don't wanna make your life more difficult with some disease.

Aquaa, Liola, Blazingprincess and 7 others like this.