Discussion does girls like shy guys?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by robert32, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Eve

Eve Title under construction

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Girls like Uber alpha guys, that does drugs, abuse them, already married, and if not doing suspicious work then not working at all.
    Well, I've heard they're everywhere. I know some myself

2. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    You were a woman? *is surprised* o.o not sure why I kinda assumed you were a guy haha

kenar likes this.
  3. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    50/50
    If you find a girl that like those types then maybe, if not then they don't.
    Just follow the examples of those stories, manga, anime about how plain, "ugly"(?), "can-find-everywhere" guy get couples with beautiful, hot girls. While Most of them are fiction, about at least 90%, and girls can't be That Cute or have no ulterior motive for approach someone like you, but hey, fiction isn't that far from reality in some cases. You may not be able to meet something like a "beautiful, kind, loyal" girls or something like that in manga, but in real life you may still get to meet a girl that fit with you somehow if your and her interests match or something because of something, and might still be able to get together.
    Or, worst case, you can just join the Loner group(we have cookies:cookie: ). There is a trend in South Korea that I kept seeing on the news about the 4 No(No marriage, no dating, no sex, no kids) of women there, so really, you can expect that Loner won't be that much common in the future.
    For online dating, you can expect the odds to be nearly the same as winning the lottery, meeting real girl gamers, or something like that.

I once tried online dating, but quit on the 1st day after talking with 2 requests:blobrofl:

IrregularPerson likes this.
  4. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on the girl I guess. I know a girl who only dates chubby guys. They look cute she said.

imK, kenar, Loni4ever and 1 other person like this.
  5. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i hear you. by the time i graduate middle school i went through purgatory when i lost my friends. communication is key. i had fights with my said middle school friends online but when i had to transfer to their school, and i met them in person (it was awkward), we eventually rekindled our deep bond as i told them i was struggling.
    i can only say i've heard bad things about online relationships sadly.
    the investment can be sometimes minimal and something across the screen can be objectify (yes a profile image affect people as said from other commenters before). aside from the one where they're dropping off attention from each other (they met in a group chat). previous friends have been verbally abused, entirely ignored and then blamed, it was a mess.
    entering an interactive community strips the other persons secrecy and reveals they're true reactions. i can only say it's a slight better situation

imK and ludagad like this.
  6. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    online dating doesn't work for everyone as most first impression are made by appearance alone. Ive seen what some ppl do on dating apps and it shallow for the most part, but it was designed for that so ppl just swipe right or left without reading a profile just based on appearance. if your shy the only way to conquer your weakness is place yourself in a situation where you have to speak and interact with not just women, but every person around you. it will happen naturally as you develop social skills. key word SKILLS as in you have to learn it and get good at it as you do it more and more. some people have charisma that is inborn, but they still have their own social skill they pick up at one point no one is exempt for social skills development some just gain more skills in lesser time while in daycare, school, sport clubs, and other activities.

those with more social skills tend to be those who had more human interaction before entering school or have more active life with sports where one must communicate, learn and cooperate with others. it's all just practice.

imK and Kutaifa like this.
  7. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgot to use blobs in my wall of text. :blobwhistle: That's my personal indicator of the poster's sex. Guys don't use nearly as many expressions in text, and they rather use 'think' than 'feel' in sentences. There are other linguistic indicators that gives me a pretty good guess. But I have occasionally mistaken women for men based on their views, lol.

imK, kenar, blues86 and 1 other person like this.
  8. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    Think about why you are shy and realize that you didn't know this person before you contact and if you f up you won't know this person afterwards. Its literally zero stakes except for you self esteem

imK, blues86 and Loni4ever like this.
  9. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just curious. Is the can't sit in front of a girl applies to all type of girl? The hot ones, the one you find unattractive, older ladies in cafeteria- everyone? I'd suggest finding out the reason as to why you feel shy around girls. I feel shy sometimes too, but never to the point too shy to sit near someone. At the end of the day, girls are human that have their own problem too.

As for whether girls or anyone would like someone shy... Think of relationship like game party. Would you keep a useless teammate? Being shy is no problem, as long as you are dependable in other area.

imK, Moonpearl, mir and 3 others like this.
  10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on who you're talking to. Ai-chan doesn't like shy guys, at least in the dating sense. Ai-chan likes guys who take charge. But Ai-chan won't deny that there are some girls who do find shy guys cute, and although all of the girls who like those kinds of guys are kind of sadists, it doesn't mean all girls who like shy guys are sadists. Humans are as varied as there are crabs in the sea.

If you want to try online dating, don't be a shy guy. Here's why:
    1) There will be more guys than girls, so you have to stand out somehow. You won't stand out if you're shy.
    2) Girls don't generally actually search for guys on a dating site. Guys come to girls, and if you are shy, the girls won't even see you.
    3) Girls go on dating site looking for a man (or woman) who feels exciting and would complement them. Complement, not compliment. If you're shy, you will be way less interesting than some guy who holds dog poop in his profile pic. Yes, a random dude holding dog poop in his profile picture would be far more interesting than you.
    4) Girls who go on dating sites aren't generally interested in shy guys. Most girls go on dating site to find exciting experiences, not to make a guy feel good about himself.
    5) While there are girls who are not considered even 5 out of 10 (such as those considered obese, not pretty or have disabilities), not even these girls would actually search for a guy on a dating site. At most they would connect with those who share similar interests or did something interesting. If you're shy, you have to make yourself to at least sound interesting, because otherwise there's no hope for you in the online dating scene.

What you want, is not online dating, but dating service. What's the difference? Online dating is when you register for a site, search for girls and try to chat them up. Dating service is when you register, pay for their services and they arrange some group dates for you, such as a group dinner date between 5 men and 5 women to see if they click. If they don't, they try to arrange you with some other women. If nothing works, they round up the rejects and do a cycle date, where you get a chance to talk to a woman for 3 minutes before moving on to another woman. If both of you clicked, you tell the organizer that you want to go further with that woman, and they will arrange it. This way, even a very shy man can find a partner. There's bound to be some sadistic single women out there who're just looking for the perfect toy.

imK, Blazingprincess, lychee and 4 others like this.
  11. Loni4ever

Reading List:
    Link
    Destruction 100 :blobninja::blobjoy::blobjoy:

12. Suton

Suton Two can keep a secret ᴵᶠ ᵒⁿᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶦˢ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ.

Reading List:
    Link
    *sees title is about dating*

from a virgin to another virgin, just give up on love and get a dog.

13. Loni4ever

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh :blobwoah::blobwoah::blobwoah: you know ....

I'm not gonna say it >_> but, you know... (☉-⊙ ) .... XD

imK likes this.
  14. Suton

Reading List:
    Link
    i do not know :blobwoah:

imK and Loni4ever like this.
  15. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go for it! Get a girlfriend or have a one night-stand with her, it's an absolute win for you either way.

imK and Loni4ever like this.
  16. Loni4ever

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure you do :blobwoah:

Love the do- nope nope nope I won't say it

XD

17. Suton

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure i don't :blobwoah:

i'm scared dude, don't say it

Blazingprincess, kenar and Loni4ever like this.
  18. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Just like my morally bankrupt relatives from my mother's side.

Sisters a nurse and a doctor who married men who are obviously just them using them for their money the husbands don't even have proper jobs. :facepalm:

Eve and ongoingwhy like this.
  19. Random lurker

Random lurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its at this moment we need nuf dating site

Aquaa, imK and Nyann like this.
  20. Loni4ever

Reading List:
    Link
    Nyann likes this.