Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point the gap is too large, even with legendary classes they can't catch up. Besides, the author would've raised them up by now if he intended for actual guild teamwork.

I would prefer that sort of skill to be like Rebellion in Stop Friendly Fire or rather an enhanced hero king(fighting the gods version) passive where if he's facing a God he's got an extra 30% damage.

2. Ruler4u

Ruler4u Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The wicked grandfather boosting his grandchild to succeed and now kraugel doesn't need to heavily rely on Hao and Alexander's team, he's back being a one man raid.
    Duke of fire seems to be the answer to beat kraugel doubling all speeds and now we can see the potential of grid training his will stat exceeding his sword energy.
    It's exciting to see what grid will do now he learned that God's hands are obsolete againts will attacks.

3. Ruler4u

Reading List:
    Link
    The chances of grid having high demonic power will be low now, duke of virtue will the vacuum. I wonder if grid can fully access and absorb all Belial's power and the rest in his rune without repercussions after becoming a demigod/god. Absorbing the remaining great demon are really satisfying like astaroths power was always a great help to grid.
    Borrowing powers/stats from braham and piaro was game breaking

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  4. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although you have to wonder how Grid's stats really compare. Grid's own stats are Level 500+.

The last time Piaro's stats were mentioned (that I recall, and which was quite a while back), he had just recently broken Level 400.

Of course, Braham has decent stats, but as a mage, much of his stuff would be useless to Grid if it was copied over, because Braham's strength and such were not in a good place. He could barely do any damage using a sword.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Ruler4u likes this.
  5. Muteki Reader

Muteki Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [The total number of NPCs saved by you is 183,791,595]

[Not even the title of Hero King is enough to describe you]

Grid Hero King become Hero God?
    Or Overgeared God?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Ruler4u likes this.
  6. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Duke of Fire is what he got for saving tons of lives... Like Pagma before him.

Ruler4u and Muteki Reader like this.
  7. Muteki Reader

Muteki Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I mean if he become a god, what kind of god he will become? Hero god or Overgeared God?

8. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Evil Eye's King gives "Eye" and Water Clan King gives "Tear", what gives Elves King?

9. sap00

sap00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ear maybe

10. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    jelly of ears for orcs

11. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link

[Suzaku's breath has been successfully reinforced]

Enhancing a breath always took a great deal of time and health. But because of the Duke of Fire title, Grid's fatigue was greatly reduced.

Except that as he looked at the Enhanced Suzaku breath, his fatigue was higher than ever. He started to doubt his decision to reinforce the breath. Maybe it was a complete mistake. Maybe the system wouldn't allow him to use the Enhanced breath on the Red Phoenix Bow.

His heart was beating fast. He could feel his sweat and his mouth was dry. He suppressed his doubt and decided to just try it. Giving the breath to the Bow.

The Bow became red, beating like the heart of a giant beast. It was hotter than lava yet somehow didn't cause harm. Instead, plants started to grow on the ground wherever Grid stepped, and then the effect started to spread.

“....!”

In the beginning, there was chaos.

Then, Yatan, Rebecca, and Hanul created the world (Hanul sounds like the Yangban senior, no? Maybe the translation is off)

Rebecca planted the world tree to support the Earth. Hanul who led the gods that presided over weather, revitalized the land. And Yatan created Baal to prepare for its destruction.

There was no real meaning in the plan. They were just tools moving to their purpose.

Mankind was afraid. It might honor these almighty god, but it did not worship them. It wanted a different kind of god. A god you could depend on to protect you.

White! A bright flame burned over the early landscape, representing the despair of humanity. A flame that could bring new life into being without help from Rebecca or Hanul.

A guardian god born of humanity's desires, that served only humanity.

"Come on..."

The flames shook, and the sound of a voice was heard. It was a voice Grid recognized. It was that of Suzaku.

"You... Feel like me"

The flames expanded turning into something majestic and beautiful. Much more so than the Phoenix that rose from Jishuka's bow. It stood like a great mountain.

Grid was overwhelmed but he didn't truly feel inferior. Perhaps it was because his own status had risen.

The surrounding landscape changed and a Grid's saw a sky turned red from the flames...

“...?”

Grid quickly adapted to the sudden change and looked down. He could see a palace burning. Hundreds of thousands of troops were surrounding the palace. It was the Overgeared Army!

And yet many of the soldiers and knights stood with their hands empty of any weapons! In the middle of a war!

"Piaro! Are you insane?!"

'Lauel?'

Lauel stood near the front with Grid.

"My mind is fine. I but seek his majesty's comfort."

"Please act like a general!"

In truth Lauel was like Piaro. He would give his life for Grid. Like Piaro, his hands also stood empty.

The landscape changed again.

It was a land filled with a disgusting heat.

'Hell...'

He saw Yura being chased by a giant frog wearing a crown. her body was covered with scars from having to fight alone.

Grid drew his sword and swung at the frog to protect Yura, but it had no effect. It was only a memory.

A long tongue went through Grid and hit Yura in the back.

'Did you decide that you couldn't run anymore?'

Yura stopped running and fired Alex's gun to counterattack, using a spare sword she had found as a shield.

Perhaps because of the buffs in Hell, she could see the trajectory of attacks that Grid couldn't even see with his heightened senses.

Her defense was obviously going to succeed...

But then suddenly, just as the tongue was about to reach her sword, her sword vanished, and her heart was pierced by its tongue.

"You're alone, what can you do?", the frog mocked her.

The gun in her hand turned into a green sword, and with the 5 seconds of immortality she fought mercilessly. There was no regret in her expression even as she turned grey.

"Yura..."

Grid's heart shook. He felt a sense of responsibility, as he saw her body fall from a cliff because of the sacrifice she had made for him.

The landscape changed again.

It was a scene of slaughter. The bodies of hundreds of monsters lay on the ground. In the middle, Jishuka stood surrounded. Her hands were empty.

All of them had made great sacrifices by responding to Grid.

"This... Can't be..."

Realizing that his power required the sacrifice of others, he felt a deep regret.

His eyes returned to the present. Seeing the phoenix in front of him.

『 I was a God born of the desires of human beings 』

『 Your power is not omnipotent. You will have many mistakes and failures 』

『 Know this and don't become overconfident. But also, don't give in to despair 』

『 Only a strong spirit will sustain you, and change your destiny 』

Do not be like us.

The Phoenix tried to advise.

Through his own regrets and pain, Grid felt that he could understand the heart of Suzaku.

“Do you mean that I will have to accept the sacrifices of those who believe in me and follow me, in order to face the gods?”

Suzaku was silent. The silence spoke his words. That there was no other way.

"No, it can't be that way."

That was why Grid had chosen the God's path.

I wanted to protect those around me.

If you lost them, the reason behind his working so hard and overcoming all these trials would be lost.

"I will not sacrifice them."

Suzaku's beak twisted. It seemed to smile.

"Noble one. I will share my heart with thee. The heart will grow by nourishing your will, and be a small aid to you in the future."

The holy light started to vanish as the heart became smaller and smaller. The landscape started to return to normal.

[A hidden story occurred by granting an Enhanced Breath of Suzaku to the Red Phoenix Bow
    (Great Palace of Enlightenment)]

[The power of Suzaku sealed in the Red Phoenix Bow has been greatly restored, and Suzaku who has blessed your power and will ,has a great affinity for you]

[You have received the The 9th Heart of Suzaku as a hidden reward for the hidden quest Suzaku's Guardian]

<9th Heart of the Suzaku>

One of 10 Hearts containing the source of the power of Suzaku.

It is one of the hearts that Suzaku has managed to retain even until now.

This heart will respond to your will and grow with you.

[The power of the 9th Heart of Suzaku penetrates you.]

[Your blood burns hot in a holy flame. It will not be easy to get tired in the future.]

[20% increase in health restoration speed]

[Stamina recovery rate permanently doubles]

[The Dark Rune within your body can't adapt to the heat and tries to hide]

[The 9th Heart watches the Dark Rune]

“....!?”

Increase healing and stamina recovery rate.

He had just gotten his new heart and the benefits were huge. But he couldn't feel joy.

The Rune of Darkness...

The explosive power of the hidden cards was suppressed by the power of Suzaku's heart, so the loss was greater than the benefit. But because of the loss of Demonic Power, the power of the Dark Runes had already been greatly reduced.

As the heat filled his body, he felt a deep pain.

Suzaku who had caused all this pain was already asleep in the bow.

'This is a big mistake ....'

It was only natural that the power of Suzaku who was a god defined as "good", would reject the Dark Runes.

He shouldn't accept the heart.

Grid realized that the situation was serious and tried to get back under control.

[The Holy Flame circulating through the 9th Heart has succeeded in capturing and purifying the Dark Rune]

[The Flame of Will born of the Duke of Fire dominates the Dark Rune in response to the Holy Flame]

[The Dark Runes that have done harm to you even after becoming part of you have become completely obedient]

[The curse of increasing Devil Power on use of the Dark Rune is removed]

[The powers in the Dark Rune are now powered by your Will of Flame. This will change the names and effects of some of the skills]

[With the Darkness Rune open, the darkness attack added to normal and skill damage will be replaced by sim(? - not sure what this is, but I think it's some kind of critical damage)]

[The effect of the Rune of Darkness is Reinforced. In the future, you will be able to absorb the unique traits of not only demons but also angels, demigods, and gods
    (maybe even A-class named monsters)]

[The Rune of Darkness is renamed The Rune of Gluttony] (alt. Rune of Discovery, Rune of Expedition)

“.....”

In Satisfy, each user could only have one rune. Supposedly there were hundreds of runes in the world, and many came with a price.

Grid's Rune of Darkness had already been one of the most amazing, but now, it had evolved following Grid's experiences and desires.

It was awesome!

Grid felt satisfied and looked at the Guardian of Suzaku quest.

It now showed that 11 breaths had been given to Suzaku. So each enhanced breath counted as 10 breaths... And there were many more temples and forgotten shrines in the East Continent. One, he just needed one more!

Grid turned towards Karas, the capital of the country. He would find his answers...

Overgeared God would be amusing, but it sounds like it'll be some kind of savior or protector of humanity. A healing god of some sort perhaps.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Shiho, imaginator, aqua55 and 3 others like this.
  12. Ruler4u

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid Now have counter balance of powers that grid can potentially master to tame such a heavy taxing power are really great.
    Greed and Gluttony was a insanely good combination, the PvE fights was the most awaited scenes.

13. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My boy Grid just turned in Theodore. Now we got a way to steal the yangban skills, I wonder if any other yangban uses battle songs

Lol I'm guessing instead of darkness damage he does sin damage which is kinda funny, cuz how would you block that

This chapters amazing, since the duke of virtue was OP it kinda made the duke of fire seem but now we know it acts as a fuel source. If he makes more underwear and Braham sets his will stat will grow which in turn will also strengthen his rune skills.
    I'm guessing the hunger state skill might turn into like a thermovision,
    Maybe his skeletons get a little boost, lil fire in their eys
    Belil's queen of fire skill probably grew even stronger, wonder what happened to her darkness side

I'm guessing anything affecting vitality also got improved

This is pretty cool because I wonder if this counts as grid now having 2 hearts. And im guessing he only got this heart because of his virtuous and fire titles, which mirror a holy fire god

If he fully unsealed her, maybe he will get her 10th heart, or maybe he'll get some material like one of her feathers to work with

14. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    I am assuming that he's going to get the 10th Heart also. I'd almost like him to feed several reinforced fire breaths to the phoenix to try and see if he can make it more powerful than it originally was.

I'm a little more interested in hearing what state Garam is in right now after he got trashed by most of Grid's weapons. If he got hurt bad, he might bring help next time... Wonder if Grid's next Pheonix feather will be from a temple or a Yangban. The temple kinda sounds more interesting than another random fight - not that it wouldn't be cool for Grid to absorb the skills of a Yangban before beating Garam.

I'm also interested in seeing what upgrades happened to Jishuka's already Myth rated bow. Yura's main weapon was inherited from Alex so only her secondary sword would've gotten upgraded, but many people (including Kraugel) use Grid's weapons as primary.

And I assume that we're going into a side quest where Grid will meet Hera again, and she will eventually be hyped to see who Grid really is. Maybe because Grid will remove Berith's Mask once he's in legit danger again.

--

On the topic of Bards singing Grid's epic song and that empowering Grid's friends. Personally, I assume that that buff will come into play in some kind of final battle. But since someone else mentioned another song that offers a buff, you have to wonder if those buffs can stack, if you have multiple bards on a team and they're singing different songs.

--

More of a random thought... What if Grid meets Pagma in Hell one day (I think that meeting is inevitable), and ends up having to fight and defeat him to free his soul from its torment?

What kind of upgrade might he gain to Pagma's skills by inheriting them a second time through this alternate route? Or would it be the Duke of Fire that would be reinforced?

Ruler4u and aqua55 like this.
  15. flag9801

flag9801 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saving Pagma from baal influence sound like final epic thing

Unknown person write epic
    Unknown person has freed person that teach him his skill
    UP has help braham and his teacher to reconcile
    The soul of the teacher has place itself to UP Hammer

Unknown person has finish his epic
    His name is Grid who have reach Myth

16. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Epic for seducing Marie rose

Ruler4u, aqua55 and LordKarsus like this.
  17. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Half the epic would be omitted and journalists would have their day, speculating about how he seduced both yura and jishuka.

I don't know if grid will get dragon scales or feed the red Phoenix bow before beating Garam. My guess is no to both questions. He'll likely get the first after the current arc is over and he'll probably revive the red Phoenix after he defeats garam. He'll probably beat garam after getting powers from all four of the sacred creatures and using the skill creation right. Though I'm less sure about the Phoenix since he is in a temple and will go to Karas for another breath.

Yura is finally becoming an independent character, wow. At first I was like how would yura be able to interrupt Baal's ritual but she appears to have done it and even survived for a decent amount of time against Cepardea who was supposed to be able to kill Agnus in 1hit (+ legend immortal thing). She even responded to attacks that Grid would have failed so she is a transcendent in hell.

aqua55 and LordKarsus like this.
  18. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine how strong a demon Hunter would've been had she gained the darkness rune. Omg

Also is wonder why her class isn't called Alex's decendent, if imagine she'd be even strong once it is

19. Splurk

Splurk Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unlike grid he didn't find any book or items related to alex, Yura choose to become a demon slayer.

20. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link

Garam looked really shabby entering his home. His plan had been simple: Kill Grid, then kill the rebellious King who tried to support Grid by sending the hunchback Nobuldam. But it had gone to shit.

Two of his fellows saw him and were horrified. His beautiful hair that was always in a knot was in disarray. One ear had been cut off. He was covered in blood... His own.

These two fellows fussed over Garam honestly. They were loyal and loved him. But he would not care about those who did not have the qualification to become gods. Even Pagma who spat in their faces had been greater than them.

He ignored them and moved on.

"You have met a real God"

"What? Before, he had been but a dog. But now..."

"They are the real gods..."

There were the three gods born of chaos, and those that derived from them. The purest gods were born of human aspiration - from human desires.

An image appeared before him of a black man wielding a sword.

"The one you met today, is tied to the Sword God. The sword that will cut the Gods. Their rivalry will last a long time."

Damn it!

But even if Grid was a God. They had sealed Gods before! He was not inferior! A God is a God!

Even so, there were limits to how much power could be granted by forcefully feeding someone faith to rapidly increase their power. The power was not as pure.

Grid, the sword god, and the fool who contracted with Baal... Garam felt that one day, they might be the end of him. No!

"You too will have the potential to become a real God if you can overcome them, although they may also become your ruin..."

Looking at the horizon at the end of his field of view, he imagined seeing the place he wanted to go.

[Beyond the concepts of Time and Space]

With the reward of the Fourth Epic, Grid's chances of using Sunpo were now 20%. Vastly better than the "very rare" chance of activation it had been before.

'... The longer the leap, the greater the resource consumption.'

Grid was out of breath. His mana and stamina had been decreased by half. This was the limit of how far he could go with Sunpo.

Of course, this high consumption only applied to the max distance. Sunpo within 5 meters only cost 2000 mana and no stamina (still sounds outrageous).

Although the cost increased sharply with the rise in distance over 5 meters, increasing levels of transcendence brought it down.

'Hmm...?'

The more tired he was, the more he noticed Suzaku's heart. His stamina recovered with each heartbeat. Grid saw gorgeous pavilions on the horizon. He had arrived at Karas... It had only been half a day.

Sunpo's virtues were great, but he had gained a new title as the Fourth Epic's reward.

<Guardian of the Land of Old Gods>

When active in the Land of the Old Gods, <Will> increases by 1.5 times and you maintain 100% terrain adaptability.

Normally humans are slowed down by the terrain but at 100% terrain adaptability, all limits are removed.

'Are there three more lands of the old gods aside from Pangea?'

Blue Dragons, White Tigers, and
    the Turtle were all classified as old gods.

Grid was surrounded by lightning and rose into the air. Unlike his expectations, the city looked peaceful.

'I thought Garam would have ruined it by now...'

Garam had said that he would punish the King who had tried to support Grid. That was why Grid had come here first. He didn't want to die by fighting Garam again, but he couldn't turn away from those who had secretly helped him.

Why was Karas calm?

'Obviously, it's a trap'

Though... Was it?

He understood Garam. It was different against someone weak. But Garam wouldn't show himself while he was covered with blood. He'd have returned to the Hwan country to heal first.

Which meant that there was an opportunity. He flew straight towards the royal palace.

"What are you doing!"

"It is an enemy!"

He was going to be challenged straight from the beginning.

Talismans spread across the palace detected Grid's presence from the beginning and all kinds of warriors rushed out.

'The level is high'

The defense of Karas Castle was as high as that of Overgeared Kingdom and Grid admired it for a moment.

But it was only a moment. Grid easily avoided the guards.

"And you are...?"

It was a Super King.

"Have these people leave."

There were too many variables. Some of these people might be loyal to the Yangban. And he just wanted to talk to the King.

"Are you insane?!"

The warriors showed their anger at this invader's outrageous demand and rushed at Grid. Assassins hidden in the background through their daggers in support, and more magic spells memorized by those in the back added to their power. The average level here was over 400.

There was even one person here who could not be pinpointed by Grid's transcendent senses.

But even these would be just food for Garam.

Grid opened the Devouring Rune (that might be better than Rune of Gluttony, since Gluttony links it to the sin of Gluttony, and it likely isn't sin based. One translation that came out for it was "Rune of Phage", Phage derives from a Greek word meaning "to devour").

"Storm Incarnation" - a variation of Lightning Magic Storm.

A fierce storm filled with the flames of the Duke of Fire was no longer restricted by the weather and was more devastating than before.

“....!?”

Surprised by the storm of fire centered on the intruder, the defenders lost their momentum. They were the best warriors in the country but they dared not jump into that flame.

Shock and confusion.

'The flames of that spell...'

The first king lost his color. The identity of the intruder was revealed by the flame.

Cherry Blossoms... Cherry Blossoms... Cherry Blossoms... (?)

A distant bell rang on the far wall.

In Karas, the bell was used to tell the time.

It was also a sign that the time of rebirth was coming. The destiny of the East Continent that had been held back for the last hundreds years, was moving forward once more.

Makes you wonder if there are relics of the other Legends lying around. Kinda like the sword of the Undefeated King that carried a part of his spirit.

It's almost too bad that Jishuka didn't choose to become Povia's Descendent, and even Kraugel has decided to walk a different path than Muller. Not that we really hear enough about their stories to be able to learn more about the secret histories of the other Legends through them.

sap00, aqua55, Shiho and 2 others like this.