LCD The Lord of the Mysteries

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by tirirism, Jan 18, 2019.

1. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Well now he’s Faceless so I have a whole new set of things to learn

2. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 850
    Leonard is so goddamn near in discovering that Klein is still alive. If he was attentive while Mrs. Sammer was rambling about how suprised she was that Sherlock Moriarty was apparently a scholar of history and appeared not long after Klein died, he would have made the connection earlier. I'm excited to see what Leonard will do once he finds out.

Westeller likes this.
  3. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohshit. Here we go. C'mon, Leonard! You can do it! Remember Klein!

Blitz likes this.
  4. RiddleMeDoo

RiddleMeDoo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a little late but I want to say that I'm glad bulk chapters came out on Friday otherwise I would have died on those cliff hangers (chapters 831 and onwards).

That part was super thrilling. The MC was low in resources, in his underwear, and barely escaped with his life. The mushroom powerup felt really forced but I can accept that because the MC would have lost too much over his failure.

Halmista likes this.
  5. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh maaaan, Leonard's about to dig up Klein's graveeee. But now he suspects that Klein might have been a spy from the start. That's not trueeee Leonard!! I wish they meet to clear up the misunderstandings.

Blitz and Westeller like this.
  6. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems difficult. Klein probably wouldn't just come out and say he revived from death, so...

7. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Dammit the cliffhanger.....Leonard's about to dig up kleins grave:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Westeller and Halmista like this.
  8. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Just when we are getting confident that Klein is getting more powerful, the author throws him in a death cage with a walking STD, a carnivorous human shaped snot, and an almost god made of maggots without his godly implements. It reminded us how dangerous that world is and how weak Klein still is compared to gods and monsters. To see him triumph with only using his wit is really thrilling and refreshing.

9. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    And how would Leonard find Klein? Unless Klein purposely reveal himself. This will probably happen 200 chapters ahead or something. They might habe this huge fight first with Leonard thinking Klein is an enemy.

10. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    He’d find him by knocking on his door. He suspects Klein became Moriarty, then Sparrow. That’s why he checked the date of each of their appearances and drew the equal sign between .. hmm. Idk if he’s made the connection to his latest identity, actually?

Oh, he must have. He knows Dantes was the one who infiltrated the cathedral, and they’re saying Gherman Sparrow did it.

So he knows where Klein is, and just doesn’t know whether he was always an imposter, or what.

Or if he doesn't realize Dantes is the same person, he at least believes them to be connected.

11. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Here we are speculating how and when it will happen but the author said, fvck your theories, here they are talking to each other. Hahaha! I love it.

12. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn. He didn't realize Dantes was one of Klein's identities. You fool, Leonard! You're talking to him right now!

13. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Lswarmruler and Westeller like this.
  14. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks good but I'm lowering my expectations. The prologue doesn't give me hope that it can give the horror aspect of this novel some justice.

Westeller likes this.
  15. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Same ^

Some aspects of this novel are quite grim and gruesome. I doubt the manga will do them justice.

16. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    You do not have to doubt it since China is the land of censorship and remember the novel itself already got censored so many times that some of the chapters of the novel have its paragraph deleted.
    So I am expecting this manhua is already toned down to the maximum.

Westeller likes this.
  17. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    I only heard that the sacrificial offerring part in chapter 973 was unceremoniously cut-out of the chapter. I dunno if it's the nature of the scene or if it's extreme gore (I haven't read that chapter) but I believe you can deliver horror even though you do not rely on blood and guts spilling out which many mangas and manwhas can do. One of the examples of this is Junji Ito's works which also dabbles with Lovecraftian themes. It's the art and how they compose a scene that can help unsettle the reader and it's something I'm not getting from the prologue.

If not Junji Ito levels, at least Sweet Home by Youngchan level because that was legit scary. If I have to base my imagination of people getting out of control and transforming into monsters, I can rely on Sweet Home to supply me with the imagery.

18. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not just that, the author said that there are many times his chapter got edited and deleted some parts, and China is different from Japan so I do not think it is okay to compare them when it comes to censorship.

19. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't see that coming.

20. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    That last bit was extremely suspicious. Cuaron suddenly decided to sell to Klein and did so really quickly, before Syndras could react? Perhaps there’s more to this accusation than pure framework. Maybe someone really did force him to sell to Klein somehow.