LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuwuwu~~~~

P.s. That devil weapon should go to Anna. Make her father the spirit for it.

userunfriendly likes this.
  2. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he'll get at least 1 sword per clear. Maybe a bonus sword or two. I mean he keeps ending up places where everyone is dead and only intelligent weapons are left. I mean he goes to hell and the dead are dead! The gods are dead! The demons are mostly dead (soon to be all dead.)

I'm trying to be positive, but this whole Huang Quan is painfully boring. Off to cleanse my palette with a different cultivation take like Raising a Fox Spirit in My Home

elengee and Astaroth like this.
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe that's the purpose of the antagonist , he's also a sword cultivator (or something similar) and wants to catch them all, like Gilgamesh from fate stay night, lol.

lunarshadow and userunfriendly like this.
  4. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    He’s Ash Ketchum. :facepalm::ROFLMAO:

5. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Another cliffhanger.:facepalm:

6. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    It took 2 chapters to basically say: I remove the seal holding back the Ultimate killing artifact. Guh 4/5th's of those 2 chapters were utterly wasted words.

7. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, these few chapters are written like a mystery novel. Find clues and solving the mystery is part of the story. So if description that commonly appear in a mystery to set the mood or give a hint, it is fair game. It does not advance plot much inside a non-mystery setting, but this much is still ok.

8. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you can't really say that, since the whole point of a novel is to explain the process of something happening. I mean the author could've easily just wrote: "MC went to hell, got a new weapon and came back with the solution to the crisis in the human realm. By the way, he also solved the problem of hell", but that's hardly compelling writing. Sure i get that it's been one info dump one after another followed by a string of mysteries simply due to the fact that no one wants to tell MC anything, but it's not like he's dragging it out for the sake of it unlike some other novels

Astaroth likes this.
  9. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    He’s about to become the King of Hell?:ROFLMAO:

His sword harem is growing...:p

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh shannu, your body feels so good in my hand. :blobpeek:

11. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I said Anna and doggie were on a pub crawl.:facepalm:

Doggie will soon taste finest liquor in planet.:facepalm:

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  12. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, is there a reason he didn't just use a combination of Ground Shrink and Shadow Swap to put himself on the boat without having to fight or torture anyone?

13. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lack of information is probably the main one. He couldn't see the boat from the stairs where he was torturing people, and when he did enter the veil, he doesn't know the rules of how to get on the ship, which is why he bothered to talk with the lion instead of killing it outright.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, what are the pro-demon people planning to do once all the people are dead? Suffer for eternity without any hope of it ever ending?

Who is the guy in the bar if not the weapon spirit? Is he some kind of magical AI? If so, what was the point of installing him into something that had a weapon spirit?

On a side note, why was the rod buried where people could find it? Couldn't his newest harem member have hidden it within the mountain where no one but she could ever access it? She's already shown that she has such an ability.

Astaroth likes this.
  15. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    ok so going by the tone of chapter 402 I guess the Devil King is actually some nice guy and like someone else was saying the Divinites just invaded Huang Quan for no reason (as the Devil King was just minding his own business), the Devil King trying to made the hells invade other worlds was probably just some pretext or whatever.

One reason I could think of for the Heaven Realm Divinites trying to control Huang Quan would be how in chapter 400 that dog divinity eats the souls of the dead that had escaped to Earth/Reality from hell, so I guess Huang Quan would be like a soul "farm" for the divinities?...

And the guy MC just met is what I'm assuming is the Devil King or at least some kind of projection or avatar.

16. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, i've always just thought of him as a background NPC. The black-robed dude said he wanted to make a dream that'll make MC feel comfortable, and a normal bar would indeed have a lot of people making noises and a bartender to provide you drinks with.

The rod was buried by Divinities who took over Huang Quan and not by the entities of Huang Quan, Shannu despite being cooperative is still an entity of Huang Quan, so i'm guessing that they just didn't trust her back when they buried it.

Astaroth likes this.
  17. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    So the fact that God's Chosen cards are being used here seems to indicate that the Devil King of old is much more complicated than previously indicated. We only have the words of the intelligent weapons created by the Divinities that the old Devil King was going to invade the Human Realm and others. Thinking about it, that doesn't really make much sense. Huang Quan existed for a long time before the Divinities came in without the Devil King running amok. We may not get the full story since so many people related to the event are dead.

I wonder if the black-robed dude is the spiritual avatar of the rod or some kind of spiritual residue of the Devil King that he left behind. Regardless we'll probably get the original Devil King's take on things from the black-robed dude at some later time. I'm curious to see what kind of qualities the Rod is looking for outside of battle competence.

Astaroth likes this.
  18. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    The Devil King and Asura King were friends? But the 4 realms were still allied against Hell and Asura King was injured from his loss against the Devil King.

It did mention that they became friends from fighting so maybe they're personal friends but still enemies? Either way, now there's some progress happening so that's nice.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the ghost general is forgetting the key difference between him and the MC: The MC knows this is a ruse. He can spout whatever nonsense he wants to explain his actions, but ultimately, he's just abusing future knowledge. In the same situation, the ghost general would do just as well, if not better. For this to be a real test, the MC's memories would need to be locked.

Also, for the Asura one, why didn't he just say that he'd happily turn over the throne to anyone that could defeat the Devil King in single combat?

lunarshadow and Astaroth like this.
  20. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only future knowledge he had is that the devil king somehow failed the invasion and died, details are lost to him so he still had to make educated guesses as to what and when something would happen. It was the fact that he saw the other army still full of fighting spirit that tipped him off that this was a ruse, the future knowledge only served to confirm his suspicions.

From the descriptions we have, i'm inclined to believe that hell's army won purely thanks to the Devil King, the rest of them only had battle prowess without strategy to back it up.

I mean, their argument was that the king lost and so he should turn over the throne to them, as per traditions. I can think of many ways for those guys to dismiss this offer if he tries it and try to kill him for the throne since that's easier than taking an unnecessary trial from an injured king who got there from being the strongest of his time(they're belligerent, not stupid).

It's also another thing to consider his motive. What's MC trying to do with his scheme? just survive, retain the throne, or deal with the opposition? Your suggestion might let him retain the throne and rile the others up a bit, but the opposition is still there and waiting to pounce on him at any chance they get.

Astaroth likes this.