Discussion Do Girls like 'average' guys?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vlue, Jan 14, 2020.

1. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm an average guy but want girls who are way out of my league fawning over me, I also won't ever put any effort whatsoever in appearance or take the initiative in having them and also won't have any idea what being in relationship is like or won't be ever be putting effort in it, so why can't an average guy like me can't ever get into a relationship?

Moonpearl, Loni4ever and otaku31 like this.
  2. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    Same... I wonder why

3. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    you already answered your own question...

4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like these "do girls like..." threads are about to go completely out of hand.

5. chrissy987

chrissy987 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Surely this question must be sarcastic. Lmao

lychee, TrainXIII, Ziavory and 4 others like this.
  6. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm an average girl who can probably fall for and average guy. But would the average guy like an average girl like me? That is the question.

Kidding aside, you basically answered your question already. Have a cookie. :cookie: Living alone is actually not that bad. (If you're rich that is. Rich and lonely.)

7. apricotsoda

apricotsoda Shy Shy Shy

Reading List:
    Link
    My boss is already dead but I can still provide you girls.

8. Devil of Boredom

Devil of Boredom Exists.

Reading List:
    Link
    It's all because you not in a JAPAN HIGHSCHOOL!!!
    you need to go there then it will be solved.

Aquaa, TrainXIII, mechamecha and 3 others like this.
  9. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want an above average life, become an above average person.

Aquaa, Daisydacrazy, lychee and 4 others like this.
  10. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    Define "average". I would suggest that an unmotivated, lazy guy might actually be *below* average...

Aquaa, Daisydacrazy, lychee and 11 others like this.
  11. VeraH

VeraH eternally lazy

Reading List:
    Link
    The answers you want.
    If you're not gonna bother, no one is, either.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Aquaa, Daisydacrazy, lychee and 9 others like this.
  12. Sunlight_Brother

Sunlight_Brother Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “won't ever put any effort whatsoever in appearance or take the initiative in having them and also won't have any idea what being in relationship is like or won't be ever be putting effort in it”

that’s your answer. The problem starts with you.

Daisydacrazy, lychee, Faye30 and 2 others like this.
  13. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor in relationship, here some tips

Make a clear target how many do you want (OTP or Harem) and then search/identify the target(s)
    Build a secret bunker, make sure nobody knows and there should be enough food/provision for a long time
    And then time to act, if you don't want to confess your (fake?) love, use the art of kidnapping
    Hide your love interest into your secret bunker, I'm sure after e few months of brainwashing (threat) and intense training (for obedience), she (OTP route) or they (harem route) will fawning over you

If all else fail, in my country there's something like super effective charm (not sure if it categorized as black magic). Usually you only do some easy ritual and after it done, the girl(s) will fawning over you. The ads say it super effective, only use if you're very serious (something like marriage as goal), but if you only playing/fooling around you will get serious backlash

Manor likes this.
  14. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    *applauds* :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

16. Lunari

Lunari Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this an actual, serious question?
    Cause I mean, ReadOrDie already pointed it out.
    If you aren't going to put any effort in, what does it make you think you deserve it?

Things that are worth, things that last, take effort. If you're not going to put effort, it won't last.

All kinds of relationships take effort, from romantic ones, to friendship, and even the ones we usually are so accustomed that we take for granted like family.
    Even the stereotype of loyal and gratuitous love, the dog, takes effort. Try to not feed it, and pay attention to it. After a while, if it finds someone who does, it's going to that person.

Sometimes things align and it makes it easier to be in relation (of any kind, ie friends). Maybe you live near, have the same interests, and/or spends a lot of time together.

Then life happens and changes it. Suddenly, you don't spend as much time together, or you moved, etc

Then you've got to put (more) effort. The more something gets "less easy/aligned" the more you've got to put in effort so it'll be like it was.

But even when things are easy, you're investing time, feelings and so on in it.

So if you're not going to put any effort in it, why should the other person?
    Not only you're not making it worth for them, but you're showing you don't care.
    Would you want such a thing? Such a person?
    Then just get a laid back, no feelings, no effort relationship. Just go casual. But then don't expect the other person caring/putting effort either.
    Getting something out of a relation without giving anything in exchange is just being a douchebag.
    And perpetuating the mentality of "taking all you can, giving nothing back" that is just toxic.
    If you don't want that to happen to you, then you shouldn't do it to others.

Relationships follow life's-cough, I mean, FMA's rule of equivalent exchange.
    And I don't mean things like "taking care of appearance", tho even in that the question stands (if you don't want to care about yours, then why should the other care about theirs? Why are you asking for more than what you're bringing you the table?)

As I said, relations are things that need care and effort. You need to communicate properly, and care not only for the other, but for the relationship. See if it's healthy, if you're both on the same page, want the same things, if both are happy.

So it all comes back to this, you not wanting to put in any effort is why nothing happens.
    So why do you even want it? Do you actually want it?
    Then why is it that you're (apparently) not doing anything for it?

vlue, orematcha, Faye30 and 2 others like this.
  17. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    I spat my tea out reading that :blobrofl:
    Edit: r/niceguys maybe?

Loni4ever likes this.
  18. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    You literally answered your own question. I guess you can add dense to your bad traits.

imK likes this.
  19. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know this thread is a joke (I hope), but I still find it amusing how so many guys can't be pissed to not be repulsive but still hope their pretty crushes will want them. I think it just doesn't register how much effort most cute girls put into their appearances to look as good as they do. The moment I released this and started cleaning up, the response was like night and day. Girls I saw on a regular basis who had zero interest in me before (not in a rude way, but in a way where it was obvious that they weren't physically into me) wanted to get to know me. Not every girl, of course, but defo enough to be worth it.

pass1478, KizunaAi, Loni4ever and 3 others like this.
  20. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on what they define as average. Same story with Nice guys. Just because you call yourself a 'nice guy' does not mean that you are a nice guy in her eyes. every human has different preferences and standards. just be the best person you can be. don't worry about others. don't be your average self, be your best self. the person you idolize. and maybe that person that you are calling a jerk is simply a nicer guy for that girl.

KizunaAi, Loni4ever and imK like this.