Spoiler I am a Matchmaker on Taobao

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by peanutbutter_J, Jun 5, 2019.

1. RiannNeko

RiannNeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is an overview spoiler of the rest of the novel. I didn't focus on the cutsie parts between ML and MC though!!

• MC goes to reunion. She hates her finance course in college and got into one of the top universities in China. She helps friend from going to a marriage that will break because the guy’s first love comes back
    • MC here meets a college classmate who disdains her profession as an actress. It was implied that he likes her. MC meets ML. ML and MC goes to coffee shop and ML reveals the bank card MC gave him. It was MC trying to pay what she owes to ML but ML keeps on trying to return it. MC refuses and ML acquiesces. Later it was revealed to be photographed and ML dad is angry that he was sponsoring an actress. ML replies with, I didn’t give her money, she gave money to me. ML mom and dad are stunned and ML mom even tries to make son reveal how much. (IT was 1 million yuan)

• In a movie, she has a co-star, Chen Xiao, who is divorced but puts a play on social media. The co-star’s husband was revealed to have an “affair” with an artist from the same company as MC. When everything was chaotic, then CX threw MC under the bus by telling reporters that she was from the same company as the “mistress”. MC revealed the truth that co-star is actually divorced for half a year. MC was initially bashed but with the help of Red Feather Reporter, the truth got revealed
    • MC is in another movie and her system upgraded. Director had a wife visiting but MC sees that Director Wife will die in about a month or like weeks. She resolved herself to save the woman. When that day came, she was in the middle of the shoot when she notices that there was a pile of concrete falling and she rushed and saved director wife! She got “adopted” by the couple (more connections). MC talks to parents and got her mother’s tacit approval to stay (as if she is leaving)
      • MC is really emotional in this arc and she really wants to save director’s wife :(
    • MC meets with college classmate (the one who likes her). He introduced MC as his girlfriend to a persistent blinddate but MC refutes. ML appears and ML and MC exchange greetings. College classmate questions their relationship which Mc replies “Last time you were not friendly to me, he’s probably afraid that you are harassing me”. College pursuer keeps on telling MC that ML is from a whole different world and it is not advisable to be involved with him.
    • ML tries to give MC a ride. MC refuses and then a driver shouted at them “Beauty just get on a bus if you are quarreling with your bf” They make small talk where MC suggests that the blind date ml has probs don't fit. When ML goes home, ML mom confronts him
    • MC looks for a condo apartment or a house and sees ML. MC jokingly asks for a discount but ML gives her 20%. Turns out ML knows the developer of the place. MC because of this wants to treat him to dinner. I think ML is starting to have feelings for MC here and secretary his friend and cousin think MC is his girlfriend. MC ate more than ML so she thinks that she owes him more dinner which he agrees on.
    • There is this senior, Guo sister who has a five-star marriage with her second husband who is a well-known figure as well. This time MC didn’t interfere and the couple handled the issue by themselves because someone (hired by a rival for the same role in an international production named Chen Meng) started to post that Guo senior was married before and her boyfriend defended her, saying that he was also divorced before.
    • MC auditions for a tv drama! She competed with this person Qin Yingran who she saw when MC and ML had dinner. QY hyped herself up with a photograph of her and ML together. MC becomes wary of interaction because of this. On ML side, he is very angry because everyone seems to think that it was true, even his own cousin and his company. ML started to wait for MC by her house but she actually doesn’t return because of her starting promotions for her first movie. When Ml texts MC, her replies are very curt.
      • One time, QY and MC meet where QY disparages MC for having connections (adopted by directors), accused her of climbing in the pants of a producer for the film she is going to film and insinuated that she has a relationship with ML. She is shooting an idol drama with QY and QY tries to bully her but fails.
        A fancy car comes to the set and everybody thinks that it was for QY when ML was there for MC. MC hightailed out of the venue due to fear of being involved. Revealed that MC believes that QY and ML are together. ML and Secretary talked and
      • ML realizes that MC avoids him because he has a girlfriend and he is friendly with her. ML invites MC to have a meal! ML denies QY is his girlfriend but MC refuses to believe. ML insists and told Mc that he was waiting for her at her house to explain but MC wasn't there.
      • Cousin mentions to ML that one employee likes MC and ML started to glare and asked for who the person is
    • She is also working with He Chen, an artist from the same company who she worked with before. HC is the hero of the movie before and the idol drama they are shooting. I think that MC is the heroine or a very important supporting character This He Chen has a 4-star marriage with the writer of the idol drama.
      MC bumps into a man on the plane and she discovers that his dad’s second marriage partner was Chen Meng and that the previous wife was pushed down the stairs! The cheater husband is the director of the company investing in MC drama. MC back from her dinner with ML sees someone familiar. It was the going to be dead wife and her son!
      • MC approaches him and tells him that her mother’s future doesn’t bode too well. Son becomes angry at MC because of this thinking she is just a wannabe star. MC starts to leave because it is up to him to believe her. Son holds her back and asks for details; 10 days, pay attention from heights like stairs. Son is successful in saving his mother.
    • ML chases after MC and confesses! They become a very cute couple UwU. ML: Don’t you notice that I have been chasing you? ML mother approves of this marriage and ML father disagrees at first since he thinks that actor/actress = uncultured. But remember MC’s college? It is a top university and she even studied finance that surprised ML's father.
    • ML cousin is planning a shotgun wedding because he got the girl pregnant. MC is surprised since it doesn’t say so in the system that he has a child but when she checked the girl she does have a baby! It turns out that the girl hoodwinked mc cousin into thinking that he got her pregnant when she was already pregnant before she slept with him. ML cousin soulmate is this fan of MC who recently started as an intern in ML's company
    • MC also helped this co-worker of her because the system said that he has a daughter that is 14 years old! The thing is that their child was taken by traffickers when she was young so they accepted the fact that the daughter is dead. So MC met with the husband and wife at a cafe. At first, the couple was offended but MC told them to just have hope. It was photographed by paparazzi and people started thinking that MC was a third party! Then the married couple with the help of ML’s sources found their daughter and cleared it up to the media!

Uncopyright, RaiLi, Ahmya and 9 others like this.
  2. Lumina25684

Lumina25684 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If this was an arc in a counterattack transmigration novel, MC would take on the body of antagonist. What kind of thing is the matchmaking cheat and all opportunities between ML and FL? ML could obviously avoid antagonist, but no, he runs right into her and create opportunities.
    Also, logically, when a death is reported by fate, changing it can lead to a lot of things, but FL is not punished at all. <<sigh>>
    Of course, I know it's fiction and other stories have done this before, but to use it to set stage for FL to be adopted for better connections and her parents to agree with it... it just doesn't sit well with me. :unsure:

Elv and Bella94 like this.
  3. JuuHachi

JuuHachi Be My Glucose Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    You see those quotation marks on adopted? Op probably meant that MC was being treated like a daughter by the two not that she was actually adopted, that's something common in Asia because its a community based rearing over here. So you can erase that uncomfortable feeling.

RiannNeko and Bella94 like this.
  4. nuttyreader

nuttyreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a couple of points.....
    1. God of marriage told her to change the marriage fates so.... I don’t think she is breaking the rules of the world to be punished. In fact, she will be punished for not following her duties in changing fate.
    2. The adoption is more like god parents in the west so it’s a good thing and nothing immoral or negative about it.

the rules of the story world was consistent. Too many authors tend to forget but this one didn’t.

On a counter attack transmigration, the FL and ML has to attack her for there to be a counter attack. Since, all the events happen to counter the antagonist..... the transmigrator will just live a very happy life as a big star. All she needed to do was to sit and be happy being a star without thinking about hanging onto a big thigh.