Recommendations Economically Dungeon Master

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Arcadia Blade, Jan 15, 2020.

?

Would you read it?

1. Yeh

64.3%
  2. Nah

35.7%
  1. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno if there's this novel that exist or any that is the same premise as this since i kinda want to know if it actually exist or not.

Well, the MC is like Weed(Legendary Moonlight Sculptor) but he got summoned into a world as a dungeon master. Because of how cheapskake he was, he decided to buy two goblins and trained them into strong monsters(like teaching them martial arts or swordsmanship?).

Then, instead of capturing or killing humans to get Dungeon Points, he would use his trained goblins(probably turned into muscle goblins due to how ripped they are) to locked some adventurers(he would use a normal goblin to bait the adventurers, then using his trained ones to capture them) and trained not only the adventurers but also his monsters.

He would probably use simple bread to keep them alive, make them challenge his trained goblins and if they win, he would reward them with delicious food and let them go.

Then, this would go into full circle as:

Bait adventurers into the dungeon>Capture and challenge them>Reward them with delicious food or other stuff>Let them go and call for more others to go to his dungeon> vice versa

I could go around for more details but its morelike i'm now trying to make a novel instead of knowing if this one exist.

Anyways,

TLDR: I wanna know if there's a novel where he would economize his use of the dungeon where he trains monsters, baits adventurers and being mistaken as a good guy when he just wants to spend less things to earn more.

2. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, i'll read it~

3. Lenux

Lenux Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious to why would he spend all the effort to bait them, spend food with them and reward if they won

Also, why would he to be considered a good guy for kidnapping people and making them fight for their lifes

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  4. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering about that. I mean he’s a cheap skate, but is giving away loot (bread).

5. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not good guys but sadistic, they're not fight for their life (no killing allowed from description above) but for their freedom (to eat anything other than plain taste bread)

6. Capsize

Capsize Would you like to be isekai’d? ψ(`∇´)ψ

Reading List:
    Link
  7. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    If he's not killing the adventurers how is he getting Dungeon Points?

8. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    Its because he didn't want to starve them. Would you even have the energy to fight back with an empty stomach? He just fed them so they could challenge the goblins again.

As for the second question, because the adventurers realize the purpose of his dungeon if you thought more of his plan. His dungeon trains and rewards hard work by giving delicious food by making them stronger. Continue with the deep thinking and realize why this is making more profit as if you live a poor life, this is actually a genius plan for profit.
    The dungeon points are gained if there are any people inside his dungeon. Killing a person inside weilds more dungeon points while earning less by capturing or imprisoning them.

9. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Why can't he just keep them there? Like building a town/city inside his dungeon?
    I think there are already a few stories where authors have developed this idea.

10. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought about the MC making a city or town but its more on his trust issues and whatnot. There's also the diversity of it as it would fit in the 'economics' of the dungeon but he would most worry of his life than his greed at most. Most MCs that i read when it comes to dungeon towns are OP but the MC mostly isn't and prioritise his own life....

Am i just trying to look for a novel or write one?

11. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm if a non OP MC needs to keep people in his dungeon yet needs to remain low key, there are usually several options. You can either have special resources not available elsewhere, some sort of trial that entices people to come or rumours of treasures and self evolving dungeons. Of course if these things already exists in the first place it's gonna be a short novel, your goal is to carefully construct how does he manages to achieve any of these goals.

Secondary would be building a hub or adventurer town, since MC isn't OP he needs a front company to hide his real intentions, a coalition with merchants to divert attention from himself or secretly persuading someone to set up a town near the dungeon. Perhaps how a small shop or stall slowly grows into a full fledged town also works.

12. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the suggestion but i think you got the wrong idea.

I wasn't planning on writing a novel but looking for one. I just gave some details if there's a novel like that exist but looking at the answers, it seems that it doesn't exist yet.

13. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh there actually is, I recommend this novel then

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/lazy-dungeon-master/

14. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think if you live a poor life you probably won't have the necessary equipment or power. More importantly it requires the adventurers to play along despite their bias and assumes decent adventurers who can't be trained goblins won't come.

16. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In A Demon Lord’s Tale: Dungeons, Monster Girls, and Heartwarming Bliss the mc bribes a dragon to with delicious food to get her to stay show she protects and earns him a large amount of points.