Discussion Plunderer opening looks very familiar

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Havisu, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    To anyone who watched the opening of the new anime called Plunderer, are you having that dejavu feelings when watching it, or is it just me?

Every single things in the opening makes me feels as if its been reused from some an anime i've watched before. The style of the opening itself makes me have that dejavu feelin' ya know.

Especially the part where the characters are falling from the sky and the last character are in the seating position or something like that. And then when i saw how mc got berserk mode or something in the opening, it clicks into me, not only are the style of the opening and the scenes used in it, even the transition between each scene and how the song are sung also seems reaaaally familiar to me, yet i couldn't recall which anime have the same opening as this one.

So what do you guys think?

P/s: the video below isn't mine.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  2. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Too heavy of a plot for me to watch a 1 season clip of plunderer...

3. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God I wish they don't fuck this up

Havisu and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  4. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's plain bad. Nothing stands out in the opening. It feels as if they couldn't decide whether to make it an action-based opening or character-centric so they took the middle-ground.

5. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    no game no life....it's similar as when sora and shiro have been summoned by the god tet

6. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first few episodes were bad. The animation might be okay but the ost was horrible. If you wanted to use trumpest as an ost at least make it jazz for fucks sake. The manga is great but I don't have high hopes for this adaptation

7. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    Plunderer.
    So they plundered bits and pieces?)
    I haven't watched anime for a long time so I only got a reference to Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter.

Havisu likes this.
  8. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeahh i think so too.. but then again, all other scene also reminded me of something that i couldn't recall. Maybe its a mixed scenes from different animes opening

Totally true. I am not saying the singer is bad, but they should make a firm decision on how the opening should be made. If they wanted a "character-centric" (which more likely from the song) opening they should just do it all the way from the beginning until the end.

What bugs me is that this opening looks strangely very familiar to me. Everything in it looks as if it was retraced from another anime opening into this anime opening.

9. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished episode 2, seems like they just did it.. it looks plain horrible even to me. Well i will at least enjoy the storyline tho.