Recommendations Decent webnovel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Paige07, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Paige07

Paige07 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm new to webnovels. I would like something with game elements or maybe fantasy but i don't mind any other genre as long as the story is interesting and nice. Maybe with a clever ML. I don't think I'll like harem. And yeah, I don't prefer romance but it's alright as long as it's not cringy. The main thing for me is the plot. It should be interesting enough for me to continue reading. (Preferably completed novels) TIA.
    FYI: novels I'm planning to read/ tried reading:
    Doomed to be a cannon fodder ( my friend suggested me this but I didn't really like it and so I dropped it)
    Solo Leveling - picked it up myself. It was nice but after 100 chaps, I lost interest a little bit.
    King's avatar - planning to read.
    The Earth is Online - planning.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  2. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Paige07 likes this.
  3. Igemona

Igemona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone might find it a bit slow at the beginning but Lord of Mysteries is a great novel.

Paige07 and pass1478 like this.
  4. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes

5. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
  7. zarya

zarya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God Level Summoner - MC is a top gamer who had a lackluster career. Story focuses on him returning to his old game, building a team & the journey to the championship. Has TKA vibes but I liked this more as it has more warmth even b/w players of opposing clubs. Also one of the most interesting game description.

Card Room - MC is was a forensic doctor killed and reborn in the card world where he has to solve mysteries (sort of like escape rooms) to get a chance to resurrect.

Seizing dreams - Urban fantasy vibes. The travelling through dreams aspect really caught my attention.

Paige07 likes this.
  8. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Good Introductory Webnovels? Okay.

Mother of Learning - MC finds himself in a month-long time loop and decides to try to both work out what's going on, and take advantage of it. Near complete, rumors state that the next update should be a few chapters to finish it. It's also one of the "Recommend this to everyone who is remotely interested in the genre" stories.

He Who Fights With Monsters - MC wakes up one day to find himself naked, bald and in a hedgemaze, despite going to sleep in his bed, clothed, and with hair. An interesting take on System Novels (stories with RPG Elements to the point of including Status Screens), where the MC's System Advantages actually take up "Racial Benefits" Spots and thus the MC doesn't have a distinct advantage over everyone else. Takes a little bit to get to the good parts, or even have the MC's personality start to settle into what it ends up stabilizing at. You'll have to read until he stops losing consciousness regularly to get to that part, though.

The Mech Touch - On Webnovel, which practically requires you to pay per chapter to get past a certain chapter, unless you use their "three free pass per day", but that'll only get you 3 chapters a day on the entire site. Anyway, Sci-Fi Mech Building Themed Story. MC graduates from a second tier Mech Design Academy seemingly not knowing much about designing mechs, or much about mechs in general, despite growing up in a Mech Pilot Family (he went into Mech Design due to being unable to pilot Mechs himself). After graduating, he receives a Graduation Gift from his father who is currently missing and has been for a while. It's a comm set in which hides the Mech Designer System, an advantage that starts pushing the MC to become a great Mech Designer! Much more interesting than I can describe without spoilers.

I really want to recommend at least one of the originals from https://honyakusite.wordpress.com/, but the only one I feel is suitable as an introduction to Webnovels, Kousei Ishikawa is Cursed!?, is on semi-hiatus due to the needing more planning than being written chapter-by-chapter allows. The others are good as well, it's just that I don't feel like they're either the best choice for new webnovel readers, or is the "Reincarnated into an Otome Game World as a Villainous Character Role" story there, which I suspect you might not want to start with. There others are not the best choice for new webnovel readers, in my opinion, simply because the stories are settings that twist a standard formula 90 degrees, expecting you to know the standard formula so to fully enjoy the changes.

I can also recommend A Practical Guide To Evil, but it's... unique, and actively twists normal storytelling practices into plot points known to characters. With this one I recommend that you only try if you were already an avid reader of novels and what to branch out into webnovels. The basis of the story is akin to someone deciding to see what happens if he builds up a character learning the Evil Overlords List from when they were barely more than a grunt, and their progress into what they become.

Paige07 likes this.
  9. 1qu667

1qu667 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In fact, online novels can be read pirated, although I do not advocate... If you can't afford to buy a legitimate copy, use piracy as your primary reading tool, and then reward the author on webnovel App or subscribe a part of all chapters...

Paige07 likes this.
  10. Matt1plus

Matt1plus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I started something on Webnovel called Xenos The Abysmal. It doesn't have the best grammar since I haven't edited it, but it should still be readable. Hope anyone could send some comments on it. It's also on ScribbleHub, WattPad, and soon RoyalRoad, but I'm using Webnovel since I started with it first.

11. samsarawithwords

samsarawithwords Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. eyeZach90

eyeZach90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link