LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seol sucks as a liar. Why he needs Kim Hannah to be his negotiator.

tkato likes this.
  2. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya hes not great. novel aside though just cause ive read lots of novels where people are either from the future, have a hidden system, or some other big secret it just always bugs me how its always a given they have to hide it and never tell anyone at all costs. not saying they have to go around telling everyone but usually because they hide it no matter what and it makes for weird/bad lies being told to close side characters and i dont really enjoy that. im hoping seol tells someone at least some of his secrets at some point, especially since hes going through a lot in life he needs someone to confide in.

Astaroth likes this.
  3. songweiming01

songweiming01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess he will tell Kim Hannah and Jang Maldong since they are his future secretary and trainer (also advisor) . From the beginning, Seol told Hannah that he will tell his secret once he trust her enough. As for Maldong, he can gives advices to Seol for how to use his power in battle and other things.

Astaroth and tkato like this.
  4. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    I need a monthly dosage of Mom Kim Hannah. Didn't have one yet for January.

Westeller likes this.
  5. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im surprised hes not more concerned about how he cant reach her currently. i feel like given her personality and what he knows about her hed at least have someone look into where she is

Astaroth likes this.
  6. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, is it harem? I remember stopping around the part where MC joins some group after getting out of the place or something. Is there main heroine? Cuz I really hate harems...

7. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it’s a harem as it’s tagged as such

lunarshadow and tkato like this.
  8. Alexios Blake

Alexios Blake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well putting aside his usual flag building, the title makes it obvious enough. The phrase with the Failure is quite interesting after all for us readers and his comrades we mostly know him after he came to paradise but for himself his whole life had been one single big failure.

9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Wth is that Pagoda of Infection thing that has been redacted? How does Seol know its name is Pagoda of Infection if it has been removed from everywhere? I don't remember reading about any Pagoda of Infection in previous chapters and just went to the previous chapter and searched for it but there's not a single mention of any pagoda or infection...

I almost thought I had missed a chapter since there was no update yesterday

10. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    So If I was reading the chapter correctly, it goes like this:
    1) Flone basically says treasure is at location x
    2) Seol goes to library to get information on location x and finds out location is called the Pagoda of Infection
    3) This place was not called the Pagoda of Infection when Flone was alive. Something happened after she died to have the name of that place changed
    4) The Redacted parts are concerning what existed at the Pagoda of Infection. Seems like something was attacking the kingdom and something so bad that the Kingdom felt the need to even redact what it/they were called.

<Start Conjecture>
    So assuming all of this happened before the Parasite Queen descended (I feel like this is likely by inference but far from 100% sure) my theory is as follows: t's possible this was the site of the initial parasite discovery of the world. We know from past chapters that the Parasite Queen fled to Paradise running from something that messed her up and she's ate Paradise's God to recover her strength. So possibly this was just an exploratory force in the past that was defeated. I could see the Parasite Queen sending out forces to different worlds looking to expand her power base, however she was forced to choose something when she had to run and decided this world was either easiest to conquer or best to restore her power.
    </End Conjecture>

Regardless something bad happened at this location after the treasure was hidden there. So I guess this arc is Seol stumbling over whatever that is. And I'm excited that Teresa is coming on the expedition! I can't wait to see Chohong go apeshit over Teresa flirting with Seol and to see if Phi Sora feels any jealousy or is just amused by the situation.

tkato and Astaroth like this.
  11. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yeah, that's probably it. Ty

Well yeah from the word Infection I'm also guessing it's related to the parasites somehow. I really should go back and re-read all the information we have on the parasites and the parasite queen but meh too lazy.

I've always been wondering though how the Parasite Queen could've managed to absorb the Chief Diety if she was so weak. (she got crushed by the Martial God which iirc is the MC from M E M O R I Z E according to an author's note in that chapter. p.s. great novel someone should pick it up :p)

And if the Parasite Queen was still more powerful than the Chief Diety even when so wounded, how could she not have easily conquered Paradise after having already eaten the Chief Diety and the Seven Virtues Deities? I know it was said that she was winning until the Fallen Angels and Earthlings came, but still... how could they even have held on for that long?

Speaking of the Martial God/MC from M E M O R I Z E. That's kind of weird actually, since there's Earthlings in that novel as well (including the MC himself ofc), but in that novel they're transported to another world directly, like in Reincarnator and The King of the Battlefield. So that's pretty weird since in this novel Earthlings can go back and forth between Earth and Paradise, but if there's still people on Earth here in Second Coming of Gluttony then they weren't all transported to the other world in memorize (don't remember the name of that world), though I guess maybe it was never said that all humans ended up in the other world in that novel. I don't really remember...

Still it would've been great to know how the two novels relate to each other, it feels like every other chapter there's some reference to memorize like the Martial God, some technique or ability, etc.

12. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Multiverse maybe.

13. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    looks like he didnt tell them about flone which is interesting. also my theory on teresa joining them is looking more and more viable with the lingerie gift and him inviting her on this expedition lol. jokes aside if this treasure stash can somehow provide enough funding and items to solve kazukis debt, yuhui's lack of offerings, seol's plan to make an organization, the royal family debt, and pay the other members well then this treasure cove is too op. im guessing seol gets enough, yuhui gets a few new offerings, kazuki gets a little of the debt paid off, and teresa gets a little of the debt paid off. and im guessing teresa forces her way into carpe diem through this mission saying the royal family needs money so she has to do it, getting her father to agree and guilt tripping seol by saying if he turns her away she'll have to join bad humans in an organization or something lol. maybe even threaten to have to sell her body idk shes crazy and extreme

Astaroth and lunarshadow like this.
  14. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Teresa is at the point where she'd hunt down Kim Hannah and bribe her with every favor possible to have Hannah influence Seol to let her in. The girl hungers and I have a feeling she's almost at the tipping point where she will no longer be denied.

tkato and Astaroth like this.
  15. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya this last chapter with him giving her that gift pretty much sealed the deal shes joining them for sure in my opinion. also i dont know what the odds are she attacks him during the night to take away his virginity (if he is a virgin i know he has an ex but he doesnt seem too interested in women at the moment and they were young so they might not have done anything) but id bet everything i have on her at least attempting. theres no way she doesnt sneak into his tent wearing the things he bought him lol.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    lunarshadow and Astaroth like this.
  16. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wonder what kind of underwear mc give to the girls....
    frilly? see through ? XD

17. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well ok guess i have to accept theres harem.... is there at least a main heroine out of them? and is it actually done well? or show off here, get girl, repeat, repeat, repeat?

18. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so far theres been multiple girls that might be in the harem at some point but theres been zero romance. he doesnt really "show off" and have tons of girls falling for him everywhere he goes. as of now theres been no focus on any harem or any type of romantic relationship at all so its hard to say how well done itll be. this author has done a pretty good job writing the novel so far so id probably say itll at least be half decent when it does happen

Astaroth likes this.
  19. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not gonna lie maria really got me at first lol. i bought it for a second

20. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Now now, she was really trying to chase him off until she saw the bribe in his hand, THEN she went into her act!