Recommendations Underestimated/weak Power

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by ShadowkingMS, Jan 17, 2020.

1. ShadowkingMS

ShadowkingMS [Sheng gi’s Servant][Main Character Failure]

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for MC, who has a power that is seen as weak by people, but is still able to use it to get as strong as or beat those with powers viewed as "godly". Don't want it to be a "secretly OP power", want the MC to be able to either outwit or play around it's advantages well enough to win. For the idea to work it needs to be a universe where each person is only usually able to get one 'power', for example Duoluo Dalu, where the majority of people only have one original power but some can gain 2 (if there's people with 3 I don't remember).

It doesn't have to be fantasy either, if there's a scifi novel where people awake their power from genes or something I'd be good with that. MC doesn't have to be human either,, alien, mythical creature, I'm good with w/e. No BL however, nothing against it just not my cup of tea.

2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, how about:

I Came Back but the World is Still a Fantasy!? - MCs stats are low, but the world lacks the ability to see all stats, and one of the stats they can't see is efficiency. So while his stats seem low, he is stronger than everyone due to high efficiency.

3. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Close Combat Mage. I remember his water magic being underestimated, and him using it to do weird things. Idk. I didn't read much of it, and heard it got bad. ... The Legendary Mechanic is supposed to be like that, but the author just made him OP with items and stuff, and really failed to demonstrate the superiority of other classes. Idk. ... I went back and looked through my lists for other novels, and I just can't find any. The underestimated power, item, skill, whatever, always just turns out to be OP.

To begin with, though, there are basically zero examples of novels in which MCs regularly outwit their enemies, and the ones that do simply don't have the circumstances you're requesting. Even if you do find one in which an MC uses some weak power in a "creative" way, it'd probably be to just bulldoze his opponents instead of outwit them.

4. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    The Trash of the Count’s Family.
    -He has a different type of power from most people. But his real OP lies with his wits.

6. VesperNyan

VesperNyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Konjiki no Moji Tsukai

Edit- Its debatable if the power itself is op or the character's utilization makes the skill op. There is a strict restriction on the skill so I dont think the average joe can pull the same weight as the mc and would be better off with the regular skills.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  7. kgggdkp2012

kgggdkp2012 Void ReapeR(8th grade syndrome patient)

Reading List:
    Link
    Wujigege likes this.
  8. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Urm...in later chapters we see how utterly superb Pugilists and Espers are. Seriously overpowered. One guy can control carbon, including carbon based life forms.:blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

He becomes OP due to his Machiavellian (and brilliantly cunning) exploitation of the players...and of course plot armor. He managed to get some powers that makes him harder to kill than a cockroach.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  9. Rhydec

Rhydec Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isaac
    If insanity and paranoia are considered powers....:cautious:

Wujigege likes this.
  10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Webnovels are fundamentally power trip fantasy
    I think you are looking in the wrong place
    I have tried too and failed
    Psychological stories might strike your fancy but most wont get completely translated or the authors go on hiatus due to lack of popularity