LCD The Amber Sword

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll just wait for the batch.

2. Weedisdaboss

Weedisdaboss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks to Inv I now know he posted the free patreon info in chapter 229 and still no one was proactive/friendly enough to post that info in the last chapter or his last info post, even with so many people asking for a new chapter...and show me were I said it was wolfies fault, I’m mad with all the other readers that knew the info and saw the posts from people asking for new chapters and did nothing!

3. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    NU add TAS chapter by and fetching them from the tl's site through RSS feed. (using bots). and bots don't read notes, only chapter numbers/titles, categories (novel title), post's author and dates.

and NU don't usually list 'draft' and teasers*. Especially so when the chapters were on patreon and were deemed 'not ready enough' by the translators (labelled unfinished/unpolished/draft or whatever they call it).

there are, however, some novels listed on NU that were actually released on patreon, this and this for example, but they were submitted manually to NU by the translators themselves.

Astaroth and Wowafay like this.
  4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My sympathies to Wolfie for the new competition, but I haven't read TAS since the middle of '17. Not because I don't like the novel, or Wolfie's translation of it - I love both! ... but I'm STILL waiting for a decent number of chapters to stack, and I think that says something.

Wowafay, Astaroth and firefox1234 like this.
  5. c0debreaker6

c0debreaker6 A MANLY Leecher

Reading List:
    Link

You're quite funny you know. You're blaming other readers who were also on the same state as you. But the difference is that they're attentive enough to know what Wolfie said. It's not our fault nor anyone's fault that you didn't know the chapters were on Patreon. I mean, with just a little bit of effort you could search for it, not stuck commenting when's the chapters gonna come out. Don't blame anybody else's, it's all on you.

6. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do you think people would be going on the website to read the comments if they already knew about it being on patreon?

Astaroth and Wowafay like this.
  7. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    That you have high standards for decent amount of chapters? Cause mid 2017 is pretty much end of volume 2. So we are talking about 238 chapters. 271 if you don't mind drafts. That's at least a whole day of reading.

Astaroth likes this.
  8. Weedisdaboss

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of the people I talked to, knew of the comments, so they felt people should have read wolfies free patreon comment and diden’t deserve any help, for some reason I think codebreacker was one of those with his strong defense of people should have checked wolfies patreon...

9. c0debreaker6

Reading List:
    Link

You're quite a fool if you still insist of blaming us of your negligence. Here, I'll quote what Inv posted.

Only readers who doesn't bother reading the TL notes would not notice this. I think you're one of those people who complain and complain about something you haven't even know about. Instead of commenting about something baseless, try to understand the situation first. You're playing the victim here when you shouldn't be. You grumble about other readers notifying you of the new chapters when you clearly didn't payed attention. Quite the entitled child you are.

10. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    12/09/2018, v3c209
    01/20/2019, v3c210

Pretty much sums up my feelings about it.

Yes, after three years there's a decent stack of chapters built up, but every time I checked the status of that translation over those three years, it was moving at a snail's pace or just outright stalled, often for months on end. Weeks would go by without a chapter even when the translations were more active, and at best you could hope for a few chapters to be dropped together. v3c238 was posted in May last year, and at that point I was starting to feel like I should catch up to it. The translation was a good ways ahead! .. But what do you think I saw when I checked in on the translation in June, July, August, September, October, November, December? Only now am I hearing about the translation being resumed, half a year later, and to be honest, I was half convinced Wolfie had dropped it.

I don't want to catch up on the novel and then wait six months for another chapter afterwards, so, yes, I'm waiting for the chapters to stack, and then I'm going to read it from the beginning again. I'd prefer to read Wolfie's translations of it, so I'll be waiting awhile. Sort of like waiting for Bagel to finish Douluo Dalu, if he ever comes back.

11. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Well to be fair, Wolfie doesn't release 1 chapter at a time, since they do a ton of editing they release 5-20 chapters per month. So December 2018 saw 14 chapters. Than the next January saw 6 chapters. So on average it was about 1-4 chapters per week.

Of course due to stuff going on at work and him getting hooked on a game, chapters have lowered towards 2nd half of this year (even if you count the patreon chapters).

But I understand your feelings.

Astaroth and Westeller like this.
  12. Weedisdaboss

Reading List:
    Link
    So did you see the posts of people asking for a new chapter??

BTW: I read the TL notes all the time, i even gave him medical advice one time when he had some problem, only reason I can imagine skipping it cause I stacked chapters and did read one chapter after the other

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  13. c0debreaker6

Reading List:
    Link
    *Sigh* Clearly you don't use your brain that much. People who post when's the new chapter were clearly idiots when Wolfie clearly stated that all the drafts were on his Patreon page and it doesn't even have the pay wall anymore. Are you really clueless or are you just that dumb? Here have you read this?
    "Anyways, cutting the boring story short, I won’t be updating until the employee gets better and is back at work. My patreon has the latest drafts and updates. I will also be posting TSTBGAM drafts there in the future."
    Use your common sense a little bit. Just by seeing the word updates should have made you go to Patreon for clarification. And you clearly haven't done anything on your part. I could accept you being clueless if Wolfie really haven't told or hinted anything about Patreon, but he did. So who's to blame for you and other's ignorance?

14. Weedisdaboss

Reading List:
    Link
    So did you see the posts??
    Simple Yes or No is enough!

No need for all your personal attacks or quoting stuff that was already posted and talked her...

l2ose and Wowafay like this.
  15. c0debreaker6

Reading List:
    Link
    It's because you're being dumb. I have seen the posts and I didn't bother to respond since those people who post stuff like that without even checking Wolfie's post were clearly idiots. When stuff were being presented to you on a silver platter yet still ask where's the food at, I'm just amazed how idiotic they were.

16. Weedisdaboss

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok Thanks for your honesty....so you see @Vincent1873 some people did know...

l2ose and Astaroth like this.
  17. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is my opinion. This will kinda be long so sorry in advance.

First, I want to say that I like Wolfie's work and I am a fan of this series. I think they do an amazing job with their translation.

But here is the deal. Wolfie failed. Regardless of whatever anyone says Wolfie failed to properly inform their audience about the transition from their website to their patreon. If Wolfie had succeeded in informing their audience about the switch, then this would never had been an issue in the first place. This entire argument would not even exist. The fact that we have this issue of two translators on the same novel and that a significant portion of the readers were not aware of the continued translation of the series on patreon means that Wolfie did not properly inform their audience.

And I am aware that they said something about it in the translations notes, but that is not enough. Surprisingly, not everyone reads the translation notes. Wolfie should have been aware that a lot of people were not realizing that their work was continuing. Novelupdates is a big site and many people use it to be linked to novels like I do. Wolfie should have been aware of that and should have ensured that those on Novelupdates are aware of their translations. And before you say that is a lot of responsibility, Wolfie makes money off of this series. They have a patreon and use that to translate the series. It is their job to ensure that people read their work, even if they only translate part time. Leaving a significant portion of your audience in the dark about your work is bad business practice. I mean it has been 9 months. That is a long time.

In addition, the argument about reading the translation notes fails when it comes to binge readers. People are reading a lot of chapters in one sitting and will not read the translation notes, which are often just simply the translators thoughts. This results in them not being aware of the situation at all. The argument also does not account for new readers, as somebody new to the series might not be as up to date on all that is going on.

Also, Wolfie has been using their own website for a long time and should have been aware of the fact that people are used to series being published on there.

This entire controversy could have been avoided if they posted one of their drafts onto their website or if Wolfie was more active about ensuring that people were aware of the switch. It is disappointing and I am frustrated that a series that I love has been continuing to publish chapters for 9 months and that I am being accused of not being a big enough fan because I was not aware of that fact. I hope that this was informative and not too biased and that this situation is peacefully resolved.

TLDR: Wolfie shares part of the blame for not having enough transparency about the publication on their patreon. Stop attacking people for not knowing that these chapters were being released.

SayMrrp, Gitami, Not Red Yet and 5 others like this.
  18. c0debreaker6

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand. Thanks for closing this out.

19. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    I was talking about rewriting implying the changes in the story. I recall people complaining that Wolfie changes the story.

Also regarding the patreon. To be honest I also thought that is not translated anymore. Once I accidentally visited Wolfie's patreon I found out that there is 20+ chapters ahead already.:blobsweat:

Astaroth and c0debreaker6 like this.
  20. c0debreaker6

Reading List:
    Link

Yeah, Wolfie's version was really different from the original. However, this made it pretty smooth and better. Wolfie's way of editing came from a systematic approach in drafting stories. He posted before how he translates and editing the chapters. This made the illogical and out of context sentences that most Chinese stories usually have. He was fixing the plot holes that the author unintentionally created. And this made it better in my opinion. In fact, I remember Wolfie said that if he will only stick with just the translation alone, without editing it, he could spurn out more chapters compared to the current pace.

myurikko likes this.