Spoiler My House of Horrors

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aina Seira, Dec 2, 2018.

1. NovelsAreLife

NovelsAreLife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not done yet. I've read until ch. 827 and its still somewhere in the middle of School of the Afterlife arc. I've found advance chapters in another site that's until ch. 850ish but can't access it.

2. Southmonk

Southmonk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!

NovelsAreLife likes this.
  3. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since this may be the only thread/community of people I know who enjoy horror, anyone watched "Kingdom" the korean zombie Netflix mini-series?
    Just binged it, thought it was incredible. Never thought you could mix a zombie theme with period drama. Set design and cinematography is superb. And Season 2 is out in March 2020!

[​IMG]

Along with "Train to Busan" (2016), I think it's a clear signal to Hollywood that you don't need to rely on expensive CGI/makeup/special effects on zombies just to tell a story.
    @Wujigege

And yea it's still got the recently popular Korean themes of anti-establishment, corruption, class warfare stuff, probably a reflection of the current times. But it works.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  4. Kuchi66

Kuchi66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I'm on chapter 500, but nothing and I mean nothing has been scary about this webnovel. Yet, I see comments talking about how scary it is and I'm just over here thinking in my head wtf

It is an enjoyable read, yes. But, seriously?

They don't even build up the horror, it's just there.

5. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, try reading it alone in the dark and at midnight unless you have a strong mind then it will really be not scary enough.

6. Kuchi66

Reading List:
    Link
    i literally am on break and i'm only up at midnight when I read lmao, but okay.

And it's not that I have a strong mind. Other than the fact that I read horror stories and watch horror movies all the time, doesn't help in making something less scary.

This webnovel just literally has no elements that are scary

7. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Then I guess you really have a high tolerance with this kind of horror story.

8. Kuchi66

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh, i wouldn't count this as a horror story
    the horror part in this story is like a kids book where they talk about oni's and lessons lol

9. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a Horror story since the characters in the story are living in one.

hor·ror
    /ˈhôrər/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: horror
    1. an intense feeling of fear, shock, or disgust

10. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are you even bothering to respond? :facepalm:

He's never posted on this thread before, or reviewed the novel. He just made a trollish comment, without adding any new information, to bluster and/or rile you up.
    Would someone actually read 500 chapters of a horror novel that he didn't like, just to tell you that he doesn't like it or find it scary? :ROFLMAO:
    Everyone's interests vary, it's fine even if he really doesn't like it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    NovelsAreLife and Tsukkin like this.
  11. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I didn't find this story scary ether and I did read it alone in dark...

Anyway, am I the only one who finds current arc to be really slow?

12. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea it's slow. Haven't gone past Chapter 800.

You guys have way too much time on your hands if you're continually reading novels you're not interested in :blobsweat:
    That would be like a BL-fan reading a yaoi-tagged novel for hundreds of chapters, and then complaining "where's the yaoi?".

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  13. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this arc will be officially the longest arc for one scenario, it is nearing its 100 chapters mark and it is still not finished.

14. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I said it wasn't scary for me, not that it was bad. Never read yaoi novels and never plan to.
    I agree with you that this is longest arc so far.

kkgoh likes this.
  15. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally agreed (y)

Sparteh likes this.
  16. Southmonk

Southmonk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    has the highschool arc ended?

17. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Not yet.

18. Kuchi66

Reading List:
    Link
    You obviously didn't bother to read what I said

It is an enjoyable read, yes. But, seriously?

I said it was a good webnovel, I just said it wasn't scary. That's a big fucking difference between saying I didn't like it

I don't know why you like putting words in peoples mouth, whose the real troll, lmao.

I'm at the end of the underground morgue, if you wanted to know :blobwhistle: and I only came on here to find out more about his parents and if he found them yet, which he hasn't, so I asked a different question

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  19. kkgoh

kkgoh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I did note that you mentioned it's an enjoyable read.

So I'm not sure what the point of your initial post is. Or your subsequent responses to @perspherspley.
    Other than to repeatedly tell people you didn't find it scary.
    So you weren't asking a question. Just a complaint (i.e. you didn't like that you didn't find it scary).

A trolling comment is one which is purposely controversial to get a rise out of others.
    In this instance, you entered a spoiler thread for a novel, to complain it wasn't scary (which is fine, that's your opinion), and @perspherspley got provoked enough to respond.

And so my response to @perspherspley (not you), was that it's perfectly ok that you didn't like it.
    And that @perspherspley didn't have to try and convince you that it's scary (reading it at night, etc).

I didn't take offense to your complaints, so why are you getting riled up now :)

If you're concerned about retorts, maybe don't go to places looking for them?
    Basic netiquette no? Otherwise, grow some thicker skin.

Same as above.

Same as above.

20. Kuchi66

Reading List:
    Link
    You think me saying it's not scary and I don't understand why people find it scary was me complaining about the story? You need to reread my comments again and slowly this time.

@kkgoh So you weren't asking a question. Just a complaint (i.e. you didn't like that you didn't find it scary).

It's literally just me saying it's not scary and it's a fun read. I just couldn't see what parts of the story were so horrifying, that it gave people goosebumps. In no way did I complain about the actual story and why it wasn't scary/horrifying

Also, I got riled up, because you called me a troll and put words in my mouth saying I wrote that I didn't like the webnovel and that I possibly never even read it. The only thing you got right in that sentence was that I didn't find it scary.

@kkgoh Would someone actually read 500 chapters of a horror novel that he didn't like, just to tell you that he doesn't like it or find it scary? :ROFLMAO:
    Everyone's interests vary, it's fine even if he really doesn't like it.

Also, my question was to ask why someone would consider this webnovel horrifying/scary (if there was someone like that in this forum, which there was), which I would not consider a troll question.
    And, as you can see. My question was finished being answered and then you randomly decided to comment that I was a troll.

Can you now understand why I was riled up and frustrated at you, even if the reply wasn't directed towards me and towards @perspherspley
    Example of me if I complained about their being no horror:
    The horror aspect of this webnovel is so shit that it's a the level of a kids book
    Example of me comparing the horror aspect to the level it's at for me:
    tbh, i wouldn't count this as a horror story
    the horror part in this story is like a kids book where they talk about oni's and lessons lol
    I like how you read that some other guy also didn't find it scary and you automatically thought he was reading something he wasn't interested in.