Discussion Does Twitter need to die?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PaladinWolf, Jan 19, 2020.

?

Should Twitter die

1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    64.6%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    35.4%
  1. PaladinWolf

PaladinWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What with all these examples of cancel culture we've seen in the past few years i find myself wanting Twitter to die as soon as possible

So what is everyone else's opinion on this

2. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Apocalypse NOW! :blobowoevil_horns:

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was never on Twitter, so it has always been dead to me. :blobpeek:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  4. PaladinWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a Twitter used it like twice and then never touched it again

Deleted member 89812 and otaku31 like this.
  5. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Twitter is a massive cesspool of stupidity and hypocrisy

6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Each website got their visitors and members, and they do evolve in a sense, something like this
    [​IMG]
    Now, for NUF, think of how the nuffians were some years ago and their topics/interests then compare them to the nuffians now and their topics/interests (that is the best explanation I can think of :blobsweat_2:)

Chiiiiiiiii, mir, imK and 1 other person like this.
  7. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally don't care much about which platform people use; I just wish they'd use them with common sense, courtesy and a level of intelligence. People need to think before they enter something and after they read something. Maybe check to see if stuff is real on reliable platforms before they repost as a fact, that kinda thing. :cookie:

Blitz, felidormit, imK and 4 others like this.
  8. l2ose

l2ose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No kept them there where we can see them. Otherwhile they will migrate and pollute somewhere else I reside acidently~

Ddraig, imK, Omnicast and 3 others like this.
  9. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I go on there only because it’s a good place to find brand new fan art. Don’t take away my Kingdom Hearts fan art!

felidormit, imK and PaladinWolf like this.
  10. orioledoll

orioledoll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently became active on twitter bc my friends are always showing me interesting stuff there, but let me just say, I've had like 6 aneurysms in the past month. Some ppl should take a course in civility before they're allowed in public :blobsweat_2:

Japorea, imK, felidormit and 2 others like this.
  11. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *vine and musically ptsd flashbacks

imK likes this.
  12. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    No way! I've kept my account there even though I don't use it because it's proof of me getting to chat with my idol H. R. Geiger before he died. I love Twitter. Before it became a cesspool famous people used to like talking to us regular plebs. Plus I like the art and cold case solving groups

13. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont have any social media accounts lol. I believe they should all cease to exist. Just have people socialize in the youtube comments. Instagram, Facebook, etc are cesspools of false information and stupidity. Not to mention it gives a platform to people who shouldnt have voices. I actually dont even care about the information stealing. Just make the self-reassurance and cancer stop.

14. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I think all social media platforms have their problems.

Our generation is increasingly fond of memes, memorable sound bites, and one-sentence conclusions that spread like wildfire. It’s extremely easy to find someone who validates or encourages your views.

In reality though, most issues are much more complex than how it superficially appears.

mir, imK and Femme Fatale like this.
  15. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno I've stopped using Social Media Platforms for a long time now. Made sure to have it deleted/terminated too....

How do i feel? No Regrets! :blobhero:, No Stupid/Retarded/Troll/Fake News/SJW/ToxicFeminism Posts :facepalm: and No Stress :aww:

Femme Fatale likes this.
  16. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Twitter die? Why? You said because of the cancel culture? It may have been a bad culture, but that doesn't mean it needs to be nuked because you don't like it. Ai-chan doesn't like the eternal conflict in Israel/Palestine, and if Twitter should be nuked, the whole Israel and Palestine should be nuked too as their conflict is directly causing almost every other conflict in the world.

Besides, you may see that Twitter is only the place for cancel culture, but have you looked at other stuff? You only see cancel culture because that's pretty much the only thing that you're looking for. Here are some reasons why Twitter should be allowed to go on more free than ever:
    1) Cosplay - Twitter is perhaps the biggest collection of cosplay culture in the world. Almost every cosplayer has a twitter account, and almost all of them are active on twitter.
    2) Freelance models - Twitter has millions of users, way more than weibo or ameblo. Its character limitation also means there is no pressure to write or read more, so freelance models make very good use of it.
    3) Nudity - When tumblr banned NSFW, Twitter expressly stated that they do not ban nudity. And as such, you can find a lot of fapping materials on Twitter. All these hotties who are not afraid of showing skin.
    4) Traps - On Twitter, traps can easily be themselves Twitter gives a lot of customization on who you allow to see your pictures and who you allow to comment. On twitter, anyone can be themselves. https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/a-blackmail-for-scrya-chan-and-ddraig.97958/
    5) You are not judged - On twitter, you are not judged for being yourself. On facebook, you can lose your account just because someone hates you and reports your account for 'nudity'. But nudity is not a problem on Twitter, you just need to mark it as nudity. Twitter does not judge you for what you wish to share. Unless of course you break the rules.

Ai-chan isn't saying that Ai-chan wants Israel or Palestine to be nuked. Ai-chan is saying if something should be destroyed just because someone doesn't like it, then everything should be destroyed. Why is one voice worth more than another? Everything that exist in this world is hated by at least a few people. David Bowie? Elvis? The Beatles? Michael Jackson? Putin? There are people who hate them too. Ai-chan personally hates blood sausages, should blood sausages be eliminated from the world?

p/s: Ai-chan understands that the OP is your opinion, and Ai-chan shall respect your right to give opinion. But Ai-chan also has an opinion on the matter, and this is Ai-chan's stance on the matter. This is not an attack, Ai-chan shall say this first.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  17. PaladinWolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't hate the idea of a Twitter like platform what i hate is the way certain groups of people have turned it it to a weapon to attack demonize and destroy innocent lives simply over disagreements or worse spread false accusations of sick crimes to their followers and basically make the accused into a criminal without them ever been investigated charged or convicted of said crime by a court of law
    We need to remember that people lie a lot especially online were you do not need to face people in person it's innocent until proven guilty not guilty until proven innocent and it's on the accuser to prove their accusations not the accused to prove their innocence

otaku31 likes this.
  18. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why I'm not against social media despite the fact I rarely use it. Detractors go on and on about how it's responsible for this, that and the other when really it wouldn't be a problem if people exercised self-control. To me, people are the problem. Social media in itself can't do anything without people to validate it. We're all responsible for our own decisions, including the ones we make online. Too many people use the excuse of "X made me do it. I'm not the problem, X is!". F*** off. Front up to the consequences of your own decisions. It stops and starts with you.

Femme Fatale and Ai chan like this.
  19. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. whitespace

whitespace Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's making money, so it will not go away on demand.
    And if its me... My account was online for maybe five minutes. After that the system wanted my phone number so badly that it blocked access to almost everything. Too aggressive, too annoying for my tastes.