Recommendations Good Cultivation, beware I am harsh on Novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by RandomGuyTenThousands, Jan 19, 2020.

1. RandomGuyTenThousands

RandomGuyTenThousands Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So........
    I’m kinda disappointed with the quality of the novels being translated. Although I know there are hidden gems, I can’t find them on my own. I’ll just get straight to the point

I want
    -Cultivation novel
    -Likeble protagonist that takes responsibility for his actions ( for example, if he destroyed a clan, I don’t want him to say that they provoked him )
    That’s all.....
    Now for things I don’t want.....
    -NO HAREM ( I just can’t stand them )
    —No Arrogant Characters ( if a Young master is the next leader of his clan, he should be educated, not be an idiot that destroyed his clan because of his arrogance )
    -No syteme unless everybody has it ( I just hate unfair advantages )
    - And Finally no grandpas, lucky item that could destroy the cultivation world.... you get the idea

I know this is a lot to ask...
    Thanks in advance

2. Deleted member 89812

Deleted member 89812 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity. I'm pretty sure you already heard this one though. Other than that though, I suggest you look for my thread on "seeking evil mc's".

3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Interprets OP's statement as wanting a cultivation novel that isn't a cultivation novel* :blobjoy:

hmod and thepope like this.
  4. RandomGuyTenThousands

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, I’ve seen a few that look interesting

5. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well hmm the closest i get is Douluo-Dalu but it has hidden weapons latter on, so i do not know.

6. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  7. hmod

hmod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  9. earthdrake

earthdrake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I concur with otaku31, what you want then is most likely NOT a cultivation novel as most have those tropes you mentioned (at least a few).
    Also your reading list is set as hidden so I have no idea what you have read but I'll throw a few options.
    Tales of a Reincarnated Lord and Black Iron Glory (both from the same author, cultivation is not the main focus, TRL was finished in a hurry but still is an excellent novel).
    Max Level Newbie (cultivation adjacent, has game system but others do too)
    Douluo Dalu +1 (not my favorite but has few to none of the mentioned tropes)
    A World Worth Protecting (and other novels from the same author, they are quite good however they do have arrogant characters, my favorite is I Shall Seal the Heavens)
    Coiling Dragon (temporal hidden grandpa and arrogant characters but otherwise a very good novel).
    World of Cultivation (arrogant characters appear but is not as common)
    Thrones of Magical Arcana (cultivation adjacent as they cultivate knowledge to advance as wizards. Excellent novel and none of the tropes you mentioned, same as Lords of Mysteries)
    Martial Arts Master (same author as above more based on martial arts than science, very good novel, has actual romance and is good)

10. RandomGuyTenThousands

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a lot, also the reason my reading list is hidden is because this account is mainly used for requesting and giving reviews.
    I’ve finished Martial art master, WoC, Coiling Dragon, ISSTH. I’ll give the others a shot

11. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link