Recommendations Contract Marriage Where they don’t fall in love right away

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by katofu, Jan 19, 2020.

1. katofu

katofu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have novel recommendations like Transmigrator meets Reincarnator where basically the main characters are in a contractual marriage (or smth along those lines) but they don’t fall in love right away like every other cliche contract marriage trope and instead we see their couple growth kind of like the novel Lucia but they don’t fall in love like right away and don’t ignore their whole “we can’t like eachother promise” in the beginning (I’m also fine with bl too heh)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  2. Hotato

Hotato Eternally Confused

Reading List:
    Link
  3. keitachan

keitachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Marriage Concerto
    Reborn as my love rival's wife ( very slow romance)
    Fated Marriage

6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    These are really popular, right?
    I should probably find one to translate

[​IMG]

7. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    Golden Age Legitimate Fei - the best of this type of novel. It is an arranged marriage but the couple were already fond of each earlier on, although not yet to the point of in love, because both are smarter and more capable than what the public perceives. Also, one of the rare pairs that actually respected marriage and the roles of husband and wife. Even if they are not in love, they respected, cared, and protected each other. They shared secrets but respected each other's privacy, and allowed each other to grow and do their own thing. Fave couple in chinese novels.

Rebirth of the Malicious Empress - theyre clearly in love when they married but the FMC was not prepared to love or be happy yet that she initially considered it as a business transaction. They established a contract before to work tgt to defeat theyre enemies, although they keep seeking and protecting each other clearly because they have feelings. Fave couple too.

Eight Treasures Trosseau - i think they didnt fall in love but they choose to love each other. They respected and like each other, and by the end, they realize theyre the best match. This lacks fluffy moments compared to the novels above, but definitely a must