Discussion Give me food recipes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kuchi66, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Kuchi66

Kuchi66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks good, I'll make it tomorrow for lunch and dinner:blobsmilehappyeyes:

I'll go shopping for the Reblochen Cheese while I'm out getting some pork belly for Dragon's recipe.

Thanks!

imK and Deleted member 214614 like this.
  2. Deleted member 214614

Deleted member 214614 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t forget the photo of the result~ ヽ(・∀・)ノ

DragonMage18 and Kuchi66 like this.
  3. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chocolate Fudge Fingers

Don't have a picture it looks similar to this
    [​IMG]

Ingredients
    125g butter or margarine
    1 cup brown sugar
    3 tablespoons cocoa or powdered chocolate
    1 egg (60g)
    250g plain sweet biscuits
    1 cup mixed fruit or crushed nuts

Method
    1. Place butter, sugar, and cocoa in saucepan.
    2. Stir over slow heat until butter melts and ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
    3. Allow to cool.
    4. Beat egg.
    5. Crush biscuit to fine crumb.
    6. Add egg, crushed biscuits and fruit or nuts to cooled mixture.
    7. Mix well, spread into a greased 28cm * 18cm * 4cm slab cake pan and place in refrigerator to set.
    8. Cut into fingers.

Makes 27

4. Kuchi66

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like I'll have to substitute the Reblochen Cheese :blobcry: The only place that has it here was Whole Foods, but it got recalled due to it possibly having E. coli.

Deleted member 214614 likes this.
  5. Kuchi66

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like a nice desert.
    I can probably make some of these during the Holidays :blobdrool:

Simon and Deleted member 214614 like this.
  6. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't have to wash the rice if you use good quality musenmai!

Ok, recipe time:

[​IMG]

Pork loin roast (to the left) was adapted from this recipe! But instead of using rosemary, I substituted with 2 tbsp of minced fresh ginger. After it was done, I took out the marinade from the oven bag and mixed it on a blender with 1 and 1/2 cup of orange juice. I strained it and kept the "savory mush" to use it as dumpling filling! I added 2 tbsp of all purpose flour to the strained liquid and simmered while mixing with a whisk until it got nice and creamy!

Mini cheesecakes (For a 12 cup tin):

• Graham crackers 20g
    • Unsalted butter 10g
    • Ground cinnamon 2.5g
    • Cream cheese (room temperature) 100g
    • Granulated white sugar 30g
    • 1/2 large beaten egg (aprox. 30g)
    • Heavy cream 15ml
    • Cornstarch 5g
    • Lemon juice 1/2 tsp (7.5ml)
    • Vanilla extract 1/4 tsp
    • A little bit of lemon zest
    Crust: Smash the crackers until it resembles coarse sand. Add melted butter and cinnamon. Mix well and keep refrigerated. Line up the muffin tin with baking cups and divide it evenly. Press it down with a tiny spatula, spoon or your fingers!

Cheesecake: Beat the room temperature cream cheese with a whisk until it reaches a very soft texture. Add the sugar and beat until it's soft and homogeneous again. Next, add the beaten egg a bit at a time as to not split the mix. After that, you can add all other ingredients and mix well. Divide the batter into the crusted cups evenly. Bake in a preheated 170°C oven for 20 min. or until the edges start to lightly turn blonde. Turn off the oven, let it sit until it reaches room temperature again and then leave it on the fridge for at least 3 hours before taking them out of the tin. You can eat it as it is or put toppings of your preference on it. I used fresh blueberries and an improvised blueberry coulis (Blueberry jam thinned out with lemon juice and a bit of water. Passed through a fine mesh tea strainer and adjusted sweetness and thickness with cornstarch and powdered sugar, heated until glossy and thick).

Mini muffins (also for the same 12 cup tin):
    • Unsalted butter 55g
    • Light brown sugar 30g
    • 1 large size beaten egg (aprox. 60g)
    • Milk 20ml
    • Cake flour 80g
    • Baking powder 2.5g

Cream the butter at room temperature, add sugar and beat with a whisk or mixer until nice and fluffy (you can tell by the change of color too, it gets whiter). Add a previously beaten egg, milk and a little bit of the flour if the mixture looks too runny (If the butter was properly creamed, there's no risk in splitting the dough while adding the liquids because they'll be incorporated nicely). Add flour mixed with baking powder and mix everything with a spatula. Line up the tin with baking cups (you can also fold your own cups with parchment paper) and fill each cup with batter until it's 80% full. Bake in a preheated 170°C for aprox. 15-20 minutes. You can alter this recipe by adding fruit or nuts. The one in the middle is fresh blueberries and the one to the right is chocolate chip. I topped both with simple cinnamon crumble (butter, flour, brown sugar and ground cinnamon) before putting in the oven.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  7. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Traveling Chef likes this.
  8. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    I have arrived~

how about this?

[​IMG]
    Bacon Wrapped Cranberry Walnut Pork
    seems novel at first, what with the bacon but, I promise this dish really delivers!
    It offers very moist herb flavored pork, smokey crisp bacon outer crust, earthy flavors from the walnuts, a little tang from the mustard and it's all brought together with the sweet and sourness of the cranberries, the taste is quite divine, really~
    the pan sauce also turned out really good. out of all the recipes I have tried from food wishes, this one, and his boston cream pie are my favorites to date.

this recipe is from my favorite youtube chef of all time, Chef John of Foodwishes.com. where he has a full write up of the recipe AND a video recipe to follow along with. he does this for every recipe he makes so it's really easy to see if you are doing something right or wrong.

10/10 very good pork recipe, would make again.

go here for a full recipe~> https://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2019/10/bacon-wrapped-cranberry-walnut-pork.html

edit: I'm also now realizing that I chose a pork tenderloin recipe without even looking at Momo's post....oh well have fun with all the pork :aww:

edit edit:.......that no wash rice... musenmai(?) I'm going to have to get me somma that~

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  9. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    ^o^)/ hello Unichef!!! How have you been? I love chef John too, his voice is so calming!

Pork is awesome (and usually cheaper than beef)!

Japanese no wash rice is great but I haven't found any in the local grocery shop in the US. I thought about ordering online but Amazon reviews are so varied I don't know if I should risk getting a 20lb. pack of bad rice >m<)

Traveling Chef likes this.
  10. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to recommend ceviche, but I can't find any videos that do it the same way my family does.
    I can't write it all out right now, but we use raw shrimp and don't boil it, only use lime juice, and don't put avocados in it.

Just from what I have bookmarked on my phone..... Oh, this one. I made this to use up some leftover cooked chicken and asparagus, and it was tasty:
    https://www.thespruceeats.com/chicken-and-asparagus-chowder-3053211

Will edit when I get to a computer

Kuchi66 and Snowbun like this.
  11. Daisydacrazy

Daisydacrazy !!

Reading List:
    Link
    *comes up blank* @.@

Traveling Chef and Snowbun like this.
  12. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    *pats* >u<)/ it's ok, you have a chef!
    * u*)/ but this can be a great thread to grab some cooking tips if necessary!

Traveling Chef and Daisydacrazy like this.
  13. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    1.howdy howdy~ I been great
    2. I know right? chef John could lull me right to sleep~
    3. I get ya, that's alot of rice to be wrong about ( ◞・౪・)

Snowbun likes this.