Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the use a was gonna be the key mythical beast grid woulda defeated to become a myth himself and then comes braham....pick up the loot at least, collect the poison somehow.

Also wow grids gotta do a bit of tag to free the god, wonder if he's faster then garam

LordKarsus likes this.
  2. Ruler4u

Ruler4u Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid has enough time to recover the cooldowns and check the changed abilities but if he dies again it's over for the suzaku.

3. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still half hoping that Braham managed to pick up some poison to fling in Garam's face.

Killing the Hydra would likely have given Grid (or Kraugel) some kind of massive upgrade. But he likely couldn't have killed it yet. Oh well...

I think it's "No more than 3 times in 2 years". He's only died once so far. He's probably safe.

As long as the Red Phoenix Bow doesn't get stolen, even death could be useful for getting over the time limit maybe.

He's also likely at the point where a second death will put him on lockout for 12 hours.

Ruler4u likes this.
  4. Ruler4u

Ruler4u Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    12 hours lockout can be deadly for grid, garam can hunt the king for the item coz surely garam noticed the reincarnation. it's kinda hard to kill grid he got his cooldowns and checked skill, maybe not the immortality but he still have Lots of card left empowered by the 9th heart. It maybe the end of garam it'll surely a blast

5. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't it don't die more than 3 times or use 20 breaths to revive? When I read the summary I thought Grid had to defend the red phoenix bow and that's why he chose to confront Garam which could easily lead him to his death. In the previous fight, Grid had the advantage of ideal dagger's rapid movements (easy access to lightning god) and the power of struggle. In the current fight, Grid is more acquainted with his new powers, can use the improved divinity and his other skills that were on cooldown and maybe has more stamina (enhancing breath consumes a lot of stamina but he was already exhausted in the previous fight and 9th heart greatly increases stamina recovery)? Also item transformation can turn god hands/pure greed into ideal dagger.

Right now it seems like Grid can't take Garam out on his own but he has not used skill creation yet. Also, if Grid can't take Garam in a one on one fight, it might lead to an unsatisfactory end for Garam. The genius and talented person crushing the hardworking one is not the route that the author would want to go through. Instead Grid would lose the battle but win the war. On the other hand, Braham's assistance can create a you're not alone moment which fits Grid's and novel's themes even if it can come at the cost of showing Grid's development. Personally, I don't expect Garam to be the only boss while trying to resurrect a god. There might even be a moment where a bunch of yangbans/chiyou look at Grid saying what can you do alone with Braham rescuing him and saying he is not alone. If this happens, Grid can still take out Garam on his own. Regardless, Garam's superior said Grid can bring ruin to him or can turn him into a real god if Garam can overcome him so it will likely be a one on one fight.

Pagma killed Braham about 300 years ago while Goldhit was smt like 130 years old. Tbh the past dates are not always reliable in the novel and is subject to retcons but we'll have to wait Rainbow Turtle's translation for it. Btw, I can't be the only one who thinks that Hydra's poison is a foreshadowing right? So far the most op poison we had was Bunhelier's poison and Rebecca could easily cure it. Meanwhile Hydra's poison affects gods and I cannot see it being useless. I also wonder where the other gate leads as well. We'll eventually discover it but my guess is that it is related to the 7 malignant saints who were "sealed between hell and ground". The terrible magic sounds like a form of eternal torture that gods would have put in place.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  6. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Braham should have gained many levels. He defeated fenrir, summoned a meteor on a tower full of magicians (some of the continent's best), killed an important named npc about/over level 500 and massacred a mythical beast (on his own). Last we checked, Braham was level 406 thanks to butchering tons of vampires before meeting Fenrir. With his 2000% exp boost, he might have reached 5th advancement already.

7. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid also can't escape to the west and just traffic the god there because of the asguardian gods so a fight is inevitable

It's also funny cuz like the last fight with farm just happened, and in the what 30 minutes he was away from him, grid got another power up nd got EVEN STRONGER garam gonna be mad like wtf

Although he also probably got some kind of enlightenment

Grid should dip some greed into the poison and make a poisoned dagger, lol I can see it now with a name like hydra can't or something like that. Greed is perfect b3cause even if it can corrode pavarium, greed has regenerative properties and can embody all of the hydras strength. It for even be used to make a poisoned greed staff for Braham and he could get a crafting epic, cuz like a legendary NPC killing a mythical being, which killed a god, by himself and then getting a godly blacksmith to make something for him. Sounds like a Herculean myth

If he makes armor out of it's bones/leather he would some OP regenerative properties. Combine the leather with Greed or if you can't do that, make it intoeather armor, then item change Khans legacy, add some greed into it, fuse the leather armor into the secret armor, BOOM, psudo poison dragon slayer level gear

Ruler4u likes this.
  8. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid may well be able to lead Garam away.
    I expect that the 3 deaths thing is over. They just need the bow to not fall in the hands of the Yangban.

aqua55 and Ruler4u like this.
  9. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine that if Braham makes it to this fight, then Garam is dying and his powers will be eaten by Grid.

But you have to wonder whether the other Yangban won't deploy... They probably won't - there's no way for Grid to defend against them.

That giant locator beacon Suzaku is putting out should be alerting people in all directions if it can be seen all over the country.

--

You also have to wonder if we're going to quickly see movement towards a war between gods, as they try to stop the other sacred beasts from potentially being awakened.

Grid should really have done some covert missions to steal the other ones also, so the enemy wouldn't be prepared.

With Garam's death, he should have enough sacred breaths to restore the others as well. He'll just be missing the actual items.

Ruler4u likes this.
  10. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Grid is just wants to prevent the destruction of Cho Kingdom and its people. The moment Garam caught Grid, the covert strategy to sneak in and steal the sacred weapons one by one became unviable. Grid's wish to prevent sacrificing anyone means that he'll do anything to prevent the kingdom's destruction. After all, this is exactly what he told to Suzaku. He won't break a few eggs.

Idk about the yangbans. On the one hand yangbans moved in a group of 13 before at the order of Chiyou (?) before when Grid first saw them. Since that was related to recreating a sacred weapon it wouldn't be surprising if this happened again. If this happens Grid would lose badly even if he received Braham's help. On the other hand, as I said before, many of the East Continent's forces have not made their moves yet. Daoist immortals and/or Lee Jeong and his war god homies can also come and assist Grid. That would level the playing field. Then again it could be a much smaller conflict as well but it is hard to see why the expelled gods would just ignore the revival of Suzaku when they are so keen on expanding their forces and suppressing resistance. Like the existence of Suzaku basically calls the entire belief system in the eastern continent into question.

Btw one thing I forgot to mention is just how op is Mumud? We know that unlike Braham, Mumud is a magician of mass destruction. The former was able to defeat a goddamn hydra in one attack. Like would Mumud be a magic equivalent of Madra in this case? He would have to possess the ability to nuke the battlefield or smt close if he is to live up to his name. If it's not retconned, Mumud survived a fight with Trauka. "Braham, who was one of the strongest among the legends. Mumud, one of the greatest talents who survived a one-on-one fight with the fire dragon Trauka." (C. 793)

11. Somedude131

Somedude131 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys when does grid reveal his identity both as pagma’s descendant and in real life

I’m at like ch 170 and I don’t like when Mc’s hide their identity for long so I just wanted to know when it happens or if it does at all

12. Muteki Reader

Muteki Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At ch172 when at First Satisfy National Competition

13. Somedude131

Somedude131 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you :)

Muteki Reader likes this.
  14. Muteki Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome

Somedude131 likes this.
  15. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of this trouble is because he's in the East Continent alone. He could've sent spies before going physically himself. He could even have hired and sent non-Overgeared members.

Not that there's any real reason to worry. Things will likely work out. lol

Braham also managed to steal from Trauka back when he was much younger and weaker. Not sure how max Braham would've done against Trauka. In this case though, the amount of destruction Braham unleashed was higher than him at his absolute best (because of the ridiculous mana pool he got to leverage)

Ruler4u likes this.
  16. Lmaster

Lmaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Mumud is a magical equivalent of Muller, Madra is seen as an aberration, and the hydra death was only possible because of the large amount of mana in the environment, Madra was the only one in Braham's memory who could kill the Hydra and he does not depend on the large amount of mana.

Chapter 1125 "If Muller was a genius that appeared once in a thousand years, Madra was a genius who would never appear again"

Mumud is seen as one of the greatest talents as mentioned in C. 793, but Madra is seen as not having an equal in terms of talent, remembering that even without leaving Lubana and not caring about great demons and saving the world, he became a legend.

"The great demons are invading this place, the Behen Archipelago. As you know, the Behen Archipelago is the succession place and the Hall of Fame. If this falls into the hands of the great demons, there is no future for humanity. You must protect it.”
    "The future of humanity ..."
    It wasn’t a problem for me to discuss. I was only responsible for the future of my people. Aside from that, I had no interest. That’s why I became more angry. "(C. 696)

So I think that until now Madra is the biggest tier of a talent and Muller would be something like Muller or between Muller and Madra, since Braham said "

‘There’s nothing to be surprised about. If Mumud had lived a little longer, he would’ve transcended Muller. ’(C. 483)

Of course this is my opinion based on what I have understood so far and there was not much shown on Mumud's strength in action so you can only use references and comparisons that have been given by the characters so far.

Ruler4u, LordKarsus and Muteki Reader like this.
  17. Muteki Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically Muller < Braham < Mumud < Madra. If mumud's descendant is myth class then UK candidate is legend & Undefeated King would be Myth(transcend) if their legend are no longer bound to only Lubana. If item can have (transcend), why would class does not.

18. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally Muller > Braham, at least in a combat sense. Braham says in the latest chapter that he likely wouldn't have been able to maintain an infinite shield to face Muller's attacks.

Obviously, in a general sense Braham is almost definitely superior to Muller. Just his mental library / research center, is probably more epic than anything that Muller could pull off.

Mumud... We don't know enough about. But going by Lmaster's message above, he had not quite transcended Muller. Granted, he died young. Poor kid.

Mumud really should have gotten a chance to live again as a human, with a healthy body.

Ruler4u and Muteki Reader like this.
  19. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In a sense Braham has grown a bit by killing Goldhit. The guy that made his favourite disciple a lich decided that Goldhit's parastism was doing too much. On the other hand, Lichs are against nature whereas body stealing is taking away someone's body.

20. Lmaster

Lmaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would also like to see Mumud alive, Braham is known for enhancing spells, removing flaws and improving qualities, and Mumud is apparently very creative in developing new spells, if Mumud and Braham work together, Mumud creating powerful spells and Braham enhancing them, how powerful it would be?

Ruler4u likes this.