Recommendations (BL) Non-fluffy raw danmei recommendation?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by gnessa14, Jan 20, 2020.

1. gnessa14

gnessa14 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been having a hard time finding stories to read because most Chinese descriptions for novels are so vague that it's hard to tell the content. (Also, I seem to have gone through everything on NU, thus asking for raw recs instead.) I'm relying on your judgement for recommendation!

It's ok if the story isn't plotty, doesn't have a positive tone, or has questionable content. As long as the story flow is good (and relationship isn't fluffy), I'll try it a shot. Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  2. frozenlimabeans

frozenlimabeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not fluffy, like the couple have a tactic understanding but arent fond of constantly throwing dog food or expressing their love through cuddles and sweet kisses?

3. thisworldofmine1

thisworldofmine1 Grandmaster of Danmei Cultivation

Reading List:
    Link
    gnessa14 likes this.
  4. gnessa14

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I like couples who aren't too sticky, or they don't initially like each other, or they like each other but for some reasons aren't together. Either that for plotty stories with side romance. Most stories on jjwxc have '甜宠' tag because it's popular and that kind of story isn't my thing.

5. frozenlimabeans

frozenlimabeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then I would suggest Earth is Online if you haven't read it, the couple are in love and have tactic understanding but they're more conservative since it hasn't really went through their minds to even tell anyone.

Another one would be the Jade Veterinarian (from scribblehub), this one is still ongoing but the author has constant weekly updates. You could tell who the main CP is within the first 10 chapters, yet this novel is more of plot with romance on the side.

Both of the novel's CP arent fluffy.

gnessa14 likes this.
  6. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    gnessa14 likes this.
  7. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Criminal Psychology! It's a crime/thriller novel and romance takes a backseat here. Plot-wise it's really good. It gets significantly better with each case/arc

gnessa14 likes this.
  8. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    少将的假男友[哨向]
    作者:泽达

Mc and ml r both in love, but due to reasons on mc's side, they split up (mc ran away) and meet again 3 years later, and ml slowly figuring out mc's past. Strongly reccomend. I don't count it as fluffy, although there are sweet scenes, along with sad scenes

gnessa14 likes this.
  9. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    全球高考》作者:木苏里

Not sure if this one is on nu yet, but also strongly reccomend! Two very strong characters meet in a death game environment, and go from being on opposing sides to figuring out their past history together

10. gnessa14

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is called Global University Entrance Examination on NU.

11. Saikyi

Saikyi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol that title. I guess it works. Thanks, happy it's on here!

12. Wondy7

Wondy7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    废柴逆袭计划[重生]
    作者:清雾潋月
    Before he died MC was a prince from The Silver Eagle Empire (mtl's name), but after he woke up he became the useless son of a family in another empire. The original owner's family lived off from his dead dad's reputation and money but treat him like garbage and made him a waste person with physical strength E and mental strength F.

I like this one because the turn around for OO character carried by MC didn't happen in a matter of days like in other novels I have read, it took some time for him to adapt himself from the greatest physical and mental strength that his own body had, to the new one filled with limitations. The romance is not really the focus on this one, so I think this satisfies your requirement. I also think that the base for their relationship it's pretty good because MC and ML were on equal terms of power and reputation that they were frequently compared to each other. The only change after rebirth is that ML decided to act according to his feelings toward MC and start pursuing him, but he still respects him and his decisions.

compass96 likes this.
  13. Wondy7

Wondy7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    全帝国都知道将军要离婚
    作者:吃饭饭饭
    MC and ML married due to the high compatibility between their genes that made more possible to produce offsprings. But ML wasn't happy with this marriage so he made MC firm an agreement that stipulated that if they didn't have a baby and one day he found someone that matched more with his genes they would divorce and MC would get monetary compensation. After five years they still were childless and recently ML succeeded in the creation of his perfect mate, and so, he told MC they were getting divorced.
    The story takes place five years after their divorce, it is a typical slag ML abuse in some aspects but it was entertaining enough.

gnessa14 likes this.