[Poll] Pick the husband you'd like to marry

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Jan 20, 2020.

Tags:
?

Which magic knight would you try to pick?

1. Albion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Aleister

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Anton

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Dante

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Draci

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. Eliar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Hesale

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Jebel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Nicel

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. Phare

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  11. Thamar

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  12. Zarar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. I would try to convince all of them equally

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  14. I wouldn't try and just accept my execution

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  15. I would try to fight to the death

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  16. I would kill myself immediately

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  17. I do not wish to respond

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    TAT)/ someone else also chose my husbando on the poll!!!

*frosty breath on them*
    *demands rights to control harem*
    *forgets I don’t actually have any other powers if I’m not chosen first*

imK, lychee and Mino Micha like this.
  2. Mino Micha

Mino Micha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll be honest, in that situation, I wouldn't know I'll choose, every person seems to have their own thing I can sorta relate too. But that's probably just me. I will try and visit each one until I found the one I'm most comfortable with first and then focus on that person.

Hmm, since I choose to convince them all equally, I'd choose from the less popular person that day and change the person everyday till I cover probably everyone so I can speak and get to know them while I can. This will let me understand and find a person with a good synergy with me. If I have found a person I am really comfortable with and that person also seems to be comfortable with me, I'll stick to that person till the last day.

To convince them, I'm offering sincere feelings and thoughts at least. I will also tell them my plan about visiting each room until I found the one who I am most comfortable with. I'll probably joke and say I hope it's not the last person that I'll meet. I'm not sure how I'll convince them, or how I'll defeat the other Nuffians, but I will tell them if they see me for the second time after our first meeting, that means I'll probably stay. Since they gave me the right to choose anyway, I want to choose someone who will care for me as much as I would care for them, both as their familiar and (probably) as their spouse.

Yes, I'd be willing to pursue a BL marriage. That is probably the norm here. I want to survive no matter what. This is like a marriage meeting but with death if I don't get married. Since they kill the leftovers at the end, I assume they can't send us back. I want to live and be happy in this world if I can. And I hope to contact my family if I can too. As long as I'm alive, I can try.

My future... Hopefully peaceful. If I live, I wish I won't go to war, I hope it was a peaceful time and stays that way till the end of my life. If not, I hope I survive, i hope my mentality survives. My shape-shifting form, I wouldn't know, probably a tiger? I hope it's a dragon though. When can I find out my shape-shifting form? When I form a contract? I hope it doesn't disappoint the other person and myself.

imK, lychee and Snowbun like this.
  3. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Assuming I don't immediately opt to fight them all to the death:

1. Which knight would you focus most of your attention on? Which one do you feel the most affinity with?

I would focus my attention on Thamar.
    I feel the most affinity with Phare.

2. Would you focus on one or try to visit many? Would you try to focus on one you like, or one who is unpopular and has less competition?

I would visit all if I could to get the measure of them. Otherwise, I would focus solely on Thamar.

3. How would you convince a knight to choose you? Do you think you can win against other Nuffians?

Thamar is a rationalist so I'll appeal to his sense of logic by outlining how my particular skillset will benefit him in the future.
    Yes.

4. Would you be willing to pursue the BL marriage route to save your life?
    I loathe being forced by anything or anyone but I'd do it to save my life in order to scheme and fight another day.

5. How do you envision your future in this universe? What is your shapeshifting form?

Interesting and full of adventures, whether I will it or no.
    My shape-shifting form is the black panther.

I would befriend Aleister, Anton, Dante, Draci, Jebel and Phare. Phare is closest to my personality.

Despite the fact Phare is the one I have the strongest affinity with I would still pick Thamar. For a long-term partnership I picked the knight who displays the most complimentary personality to my own.

I chose Thamar as my paramour since he is rational and I would have a better time explaining/demonstrating the practical benefits of choosing me. I would not attempt to seduce him and instead use a mixture of honesty, practicality and playfulness in order to sway him to my side. In order to 'get' Thamar I am fine with playing a role I believe has the highest probability of success. It is distasteful to me to become part of a harem as jealousy, scheming and hurt feelings are par for the course in such a setting and has no relation to modern polyandry in the free world as I've personally experienced it. Other than wishing to avoid complicated situations, I have no problems with being part of the harem of a man I have no particular feelings for. I'm also fine with having sex with him on a regular basis. I'll be training him well in the bedroom and he'll make a fine switch with excellent skills once I'm done with him. No reason to put up with mediocre sex in my new magical environment. I see our pairing as a partnership of mutual benefits and work towards our agreed-upon goals together as a team. I can't see into the future in this particular world so I'll have to adjust accordingly as the circumstances develop.

Some people said they'd rather die and I can relate to that. Having the ability to live your own life is a precious thing. One that people live and die for on a daily basis.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    Snowbun and lychee like this.
  4. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, according to the poll results so far, I should probably be trying to come up with a plan to “protecc husbando at all costs” o.0);

lychee and imK like this.
  5. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh so many choices...let's see let's see...

I ended up voting for Anton because I think he's the most complementary dude for me so far, but a few others are pretty good too. Let's get down to the questions.

1. Which knight would you focus most of your attention on? Which one do you feel the most affinity with?
    Anton gets most of my attention because I like placid, genuine dudes, I also think the fact that his selfish mistake killed his best friend in his youth would leave a mark on him and well, maybe make him gentler and easier to talk too. He definitely gets the most affinity vibes from me.

Other potential candidates include: Eliar (he seems fun, though hard to handle with that stubbornness), Jebel (his problems are the type that don't anxiety-attack me to death), and Zarar (though the "survive at any cost" is a bit tricky unless I can get him to fall in love with me and make me his priority LOL).

2. Would you focus on one or try to visit many? Would you try to focus on one you like, or one who is unpopular and has less competition?
    See above. Overall I'd go for my preferences first, but I'm good with zooming in on the unpopular ones instead if they're my type.

3. How would you convince a knight to choose you? Do you think you can win against other Nuffians?
    It's going to be hecka tiring being someone I'm not so I'll just lay it out straight who I am, imperfections and all. Sincerity and goodwill will be my selling point--if you look at it from another perspective, this is like playing diplomatic relations with a new nation.

Part of this is based on luck too, yeah? If I fake it to make it and in the end he decides he doesn't like me, it's just delaying death in a sense. I'm sure I have advantages to bring to the table against other Nuffians, but in the end it's up to the knights. When do we get to hear about their preferences? XD

If there was no other chance of going back, ever? Only then. I mean, I assume we can just stay married on paper if we need to rite. ouo;;;

5. How do you envision your future in this universe? What is your shapeshifting form?
    A strictly contracted relationship that may or may not develop into something more later. If he loves me, great! We'll work towards a happy ending and I won't mind the polygamy since that'll give me a break from competing for attention, which doesn't suit my style. (Pushing myself out there isn't my strong suit unless I'm being self-deprecating, haha).

If he doesn't, well darn! Maybe I can pull off a heroic rescue moment and die in his arms to haunt him with regrets. It'd make for a great tragic ending to an otherwise pointless life, right? Not that I need him to love me to make it meaningful, but I'd like to leave my mark on this world somehow after it went all this way to drag me out of mine! >:0

Shapeshifting form...I'd say phoenix or dragon but that's so common. Any form of BEAUTIFUL BIRD will do...maybe a magical kingfisher that can fly in the air and dive in the seas! More utility can increase my worth, see? uwu

imK, Snowbun and lychee like this.
  6. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    True, this men sound rapist and abuser. That’s why I choose death cause it’s better to die than be rape and abuse by scum men.

Moonpearl likes this.
  7. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Given that they plan to kill me if I don't bow to their will, I somehow doubt that they're feeling any sympathy towards my situation. I would probably be fine if I was left to just do my own thing, like make some female robot, but given what you've explained I can't see them as anything but despicable low borns.

It would be kind of like if a bunch of ugly men were summoning women from our world so they could rape them, but that's just how I see it.

8. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Check out the other poll, Ungrave-san! I’ve tried to portray it somewhat in the reverse perspective.

imK likes this.
  9. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are four that I could stand to be around long term, Aleister, Draci, Phare & Thamar. I feel more affinity with and would focus my attention on Thamar first, because being rational and prideful means that he'd be more predictable/understandable, and more easily reasoned with if we disagree about something in the future. .... Though it depends on how his pride works, so it could actually be worse. None of the options are that good....
    If too many people are after my first choice, or if it turns out we don't get along, I'll visit the other three, and then focus on whichever one I think I have the most chance with (both more affinity and less competition).
    edit: based on the poll, it looks like I would probably need to switch
    Probably not. I'd focus on loyalty and willingness to follow directions (cause that'd be important for a steed).
    Yeah
    Future is gonna suck. But might not be 100% bad. I dunno, but I'd probably end up with something normal/unimpressive, like a horse.

lychee and imK like this.
  10. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't particularly feel great affinity with any one of them. Though I'd group them in 3 groups: might be nice (1), sounds ok (2), really rather not/I might choose death before choosing them (3).
    1: Anton, Dante, Draci, Eliar, Jebel, Phare. I probably wouldn't seek out any one in particular but if one of them wanted to make a contract with me, I would like to.
    2: Aleister, Thamar, Zarar. Wouldn't seek them out, but if one of them wanted to make a contract with me, I would. Would choose members of 1 before them though.
    3: Albion, Hesale, Nisel. They sound unpleasant to be around, so I definitely wouldn't seek them out and just going from the description, might reluctantly make a contract with them if they approach me first. Not if they're extremely unpleasant in person though, chances are I might just choose death in that case xD.

Oh I guess I answered that above... I would try to approach either of the first group, and maybe avoid the third group.

Huh... unlikely I think. I doubt I'm very good at actively charming people :hmm: I really dunno xD I guess I'd see if I have overlapping personality traits/values/goals with a knight and try to persuade them based on that?

Yes lolol. I personally don't like polygamy though.... so :blobawkward: in this scenario.

No idea. I guess my future heavily depends on the knight I have the contract with. I guess I'll survive though... and if not, well. Happens xD I find the shapeshifter form dragon interesting. Flying, spitting fire~~

arashi-chan12, lychee and imK like this.
  11. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Gather others with the same thoughts and started a rebel to escape! :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

lychee, Loni4ever and imK like this.
  12. NamGi

NamGi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't probably won't even try and get killed in the end.

13. NamGi

NamGi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still gonna kill myself. Because just like what Xenoraku said, no homo.

imK likes this.
  14. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure, none of the candidates sound too appealing lol. Not the best strategy but I think I'll just go with whoever I hit it off with first. I can't really decide anything until I meet them in person, and the descriptions are a little... abstract? Well, hard to digest.

The one I feel the most affinity with... uh... The ones I think I could possibly get along with are Anton, Aleister, Dante, and maaaaybe Jebel and Phare. Phare's not my first pick but I end up really liking warm and mischevious guys (especially if they have a sense of humor) so he may just win me over haha OTL

I mean, we wouldn't really get a choice with the door system, right? It all depends on luck lol. If we all are choosing a door randomly at the same time, then obviously would go for the lesser popular guys. Less competition, also kinda worried if they get ganged up on by suicidal nuffians it might turn out bad lol. They're OP but we haven't seen to what extent.

Since it seems like most nuffians wanna go like a hero I think my chances aren't that bad lol. If I can make a good impression on someone, then I have a better chance at survival. All of them don't sound too good but being executed sounds worse, so I'll just have to roll with it if anyone picks me...

Well first of all, I am not trying to kill them or myself lol. I am also originally a girl, so am not as resistant to the idea of being the bottom, but I'm also not uninterested in being a top as I've never had a mini-me before lololol. We don't even have to get married if that's what they want, we can just be friends. If they are looking for someone who can follow direction, I'm their guy. I am against killing things but will probably adapt to it once I get used to it.

I don't have much to offer except obedience and loyalty. There is a limit to it as well, but I am easily satisfied so long as they respect and treat me like an equal = easier to raise synergy.

Yeah. I mean, I've finally been isekai'd into a world of fantasy and magic and could possibly become a fantastical entity who uses magic. Why would I ruin that now?

I wanna be a dragon! Dragons are the best. Plus, they are aerial fighters so that means I don't have to get down and dirty with my face if I don't want to. Charging headfirst is scary.

My future depends. I can adapt and be happy... but it depends on my partner. I don't expect them to be faithful but at least don't marry stupid arseholes who pick fights with me or demean me. I might be tempted to take a bite out of them lol. Respect me as an equal and I can be the best mount. Try to abuse or take advantage of me just because you can, and I can be the most stubborn and unwilling mount ever.

lychee and Snowbun like this.
  15. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    :cookie::cookie::cookie: I think this is the response that matches me best. I agree with @arashi-chan12 that it’s really hard to judge character based on a short description alone, and I’d prefer to spend time with them before deciding.

With the descriptions, I actually don’t think many of them are as bad as they look. They’re somewhat realistic, imo, for people to have both positive and negative qualities. My best male friend in high school is actually really similar to Hesale. :blobsweat_2: Nicel is loosely modeled after Pisces from the Wandering Inn, and he’s much more complex/sympathetic than his first impression. I think a lot of people are complex in that way.

I kind of believe in fate in the weirdest way... so... I would probably pick a door randomly on the first day and see what happens. :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2: I wouldn’t really try to woo anyone in particular; most mostly look for a conversation, hear from them about their world and what their life is like — hear their story — their beliefs and their opinions. And I would be honest about my own beliefs and opinions.

Basically I’d go in looking for a very good conversation and trying to understand their perspective. And who knows what might happen? I think even for many people who have instinctively labeled them all as “enemies”, I think it is really valuable to know how your “enemy” thinks.

Oh — for the marriage part, I would probably delay it. Even if the compatibility seemed good, I would tell them that this amount of time is way too short. While I think I’d probably be fine contracting with most of them, I would try to argue with them that my “synergy” would be way better if we waited until I was ready.

I’m really contemplative about this part about gender dysphoria. To be totally honest, I’m totally unsure how I would feel about it!

I think it’s a struggle for me to because I think I have a weak sense of identity, or an abstract sense of gender? It’s very strange.

For some weird reason, I have this weird concept that maybe a single gender world would be easier to deal with gender dysphoria than a binary gender world. The reason for this is that it kind of removes the prescribed “boxes” of gender stereotypes if the concept the genders doesn’t exist. Consequently, behavior isn’t “masculine” or “feminine” — it’s just “human” behavior with a broader range of expressions.

For instance, in a yuri world without men, I think there would be less social pressure for women to behave “feminine” unless that was the way that they wanted to express themselves. There would probably be little stigma for “masculine” behavior.

I think it is similarly true for a BL world without women. The range of acceptable behavior/expression opens up beyond the rigid confines of what each binary gender is on Earth — and I find that part kind of interesting.

It is, however, truly unfortunate if there is nobody that you are attracted to though. :blobcry:

:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: Well, you definitely have me here!

I think it’s really challenging to create something when the genre is so tightly stereotyped. It becomes automatic to presume that a BL world must be filled with rapey semes. XD

I’m unsure. If I was actually writing this, I think I would try my best to portray a diversity of different characters, not all of whom fit the exact molds of uke/seme. I think RL LGBT relationships are a lot more dynamic and complicated than this, and I think it would be worthwhile for authors to spread the spectrum of the genre beyond that simplistic view — particularly if we are starting with a concept of a “world with only men” or “world with only women”. It’s a lot of room to work with for people interested in transmale or transfemale protagonists too.

But that is a philosophical point too. At what point does BL end and LGBT media begin?

And is there opportunity to entwine those two?

Snowbun likes this.