Discussion Limited chap in novel

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by De Lan, Jan 21, 2020.

1. De Lan

De Lan Smartass from blue planet

Reading List:
    Link
    For me a xianxia/wuxia novel, i can read it most until around chapter 600 for one novel after that it would be boring to read even though im so interested in that. I read emperor domination, MGA, ATG untill 600 chap and then dropped it.

For romance i think it around 250 chap, cause i think that would be to much drama or twist in story that till 500+ chap

Wht about you?

2. Siebzehn

Siebzehn 95% Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, it feels like everything repeats again and again. The chinese Authors also describe things with as many words as they can which makes it for me boring as there is less 'action'. I like korean webnovels atm, maybe you find to like them too.

De Lan and Wujigege like this.
  3. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm i have to take a break after reading a novel for 4 days no matter how many chapters i have read. If the romance is nice or the story is fantastic then i could push it to 7 days but after that i would have to take a break of at least 2 days or else i won't be able to read it.

4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you wanna read thousands of chs of generic xianxia, you should be committed(pun intended). :blobpeek:

StuffedDuck likes this.
  5. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    First novel I have ever read over 2k chaps without getting bored even though it's insanely repetitive is Reincarnation of the Strongest Sword God

6. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont like anything related to CN... unless its a cat novel without cultivation.

I prefer reading short ones.

7. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it depends strongly on the quality of the novel.
    Some novels can be interesting to read even after passing the 3k+ chapters, while others are annoying after several 100s of chapters ...

I am not against fillers (authors write to earn a living), but when each fight spans for 20+ chapters and a new enemy showing up just before the last is defeated/killed (I look at you DMWG) ... I just skim the chapters. Some authors use slice of live chapters to fill up the chapter count or manage to flesh out side characters and therefore spend some (justified) time/chapters on them.

And the more stories you read - the more you discover the same tropes over and over again ...

8. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on the novel for some 600 is too long for others 3000 is too short.
    Then there is the 3rd possibilty MGA where you stick around for 4k chapters because you sticked around for 4k chapters

StuffedDuck likes this.
  9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    You will enjoy My Castle My Castellan then at around 300 chapters
    Also, Return of the 8th Class at 181 chapters

10. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the writing. It pretty much comes down to how much I like the MC, the quality of their antagonists, and how well I think the world is built. If it feels like the author is just repeatedly pulling stuff out of their asses with no plan or direction I can drop a story anywhere from around chapter 200-400 (PMG, MGA). Or put them on semi-permanent hiatus because they draw things out too long (ATG). Other stories I continue to read even as they reach 1000+ because I think the story is well put together (ISSTH, RI, CD, MW, PW).

De Lan likes this.
  11. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the author's ability to captivate my imagination. :)

imK likes this.