A quote from somewhere

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by icerror, Jan 22, 2020.

1. icerror

icerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was perusing the old notes on me phone, about the things I want to say once in me life. We all got one, no? Well mine is sadly choppy due to me being an ass thinking he got them all down with bits and pieces of it, and also that it can be google later. What are the odds that I just so happen to misplace the really good one and I, for the life of me, can't google it?

Yup

tl;dr: I'm dumb, I need help finding the original. The quote is in bad shape with only a few sentences, seemingly unreliable due to zero relevant turnout with google search.

A man must... find victory where he can, accept defeat if he... never seek to burden another shoulder with his responsibility

Any help would be appreciated.

2. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    If an American is to amount to anything he must rely upon himself, and not upon the State; he must take pride in his own work, instead of sitting idle to envy the luck of others. He must face life with resolute courage, win victory if he can, and accept defeat if he must, without seeking to place on his fellow man a responsibility which is not theirs.

Theodore Roosevelt
    Bruh, rip to you. I used duckduckgo, keywords "quote find victory responsibility accept defeat", and find this quote on the 5th result, first page

imK and icerror like this.
  3. icerror

icerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mad props, my man.

imK likes this.